Samsung sues LG in Korea for “tarnishing its corporate image”
It all adds up to an existing legal feud between Samsung Display and LG Display, and in this latest case Samsung is looking for 50 billion won (some $45 million) in damages.
The display lawsuit is ending as lastly LG dropped its request for a domestic sales ban on the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. The display feud started with Samsung kicking off legal actions over LG products based on its OLED screen tech.
This latest ad controversy started over refrigerators last year as LG wrongly claimed in an ad that it has produced the one with highest capacity.
source: Korea Herald via Samsung Hub
1. mr.techdude (Posts: 555; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Ummmmmmmmmm.......... I'm first I guess!!!
3. shayan (Posts: 150; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
wow you did it! from now, your life wouldnt be the same, you are a celebrety now! be proud of your self!
about the article, I really hope this wouldnt affect customers. fight all you want, just dont ban each others products or somthing...
5. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Please down vote this guy.. thanks
Sue each other. Good riddance. xD
2. _Bone_ (Posts: 2139; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Why not sue them for the Optimus G Pro? Same size as the Note II, same battery, looks, system sounds, flip cover, voice search service etc.
14. ithinkimjoe (Posts: 25; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
Wasn't the Optimus G Pro released first?...
17. asingha94 (Posts: 291; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
What about samsung copied eyetracking from g pro...battery flip cover are not the mail issue.looser!
22. atsamman (Posts: 74; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
First : the eyetraking thing samsug said that it still needs some work its still not practical
The battery flip cover I dont know if ur talking about the flip cover cause that has been around in samsung for a long time
But as far as the whole build of the phone and the os experience its almost identical its sooooo obvious its a copy !!!!
They "LG" just pumbed up the hardware and said hey theres our new phone ... such a ripoff
19. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Does it have Q Stylus?
if not then how can they sue?
6. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3024; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
The suee sues the suer and the sued sues the suer...is that right?
7. Note2waitingonNote3 (banned) (Posts: 87; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Tough pill to swallow android attacking android. But enough is enough with Lg's tactics and blatant copying of Samsung products yes looking at Lg Optimus G pro. Lg will get what they deserve on this one.
25. soshi (Posts: 154; Member since: 08 Mar 2012)
They are almost the same looks just like iphone4 with galaxy ace but not galaxy s although have the same round but still able to differentiate
8. Esf_Kid (Posts: 49; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
Sue, sue, sue
all companies are getting crazy.
instead of this useless thing, they must cooperate for the better progress of technology and to satisfy every user's needs.
23. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
The thing is, corporations have been filing lawsuits left and right ever since the beginning. It's only been more noticed as news reporting boomed with the power of the internet and brought more public awareness to the practice.
Apple isn't the one who 'started it all'... They're just the ones that really started to bring that 'tactic' from out of the shadows what with their publicity and all.
10. chemhaz (Posts: 160; Member since: 04 May 2012)
They both better watch out. Many people don't like Apple becase they try to sqeeze out competition and stiffle innovation via the courts.... these two look like they will follow in their foot steps.
12. darkvadervip (Posts: 343; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Sammy copies everything from HTC Sense to the iPhone to secrets from Nokia and LG. so you didn't see this coming!
13. darkkjedii (Posts: 12604; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Sapplesung is getting suit happy these days
16. papss (unregistered)
Hmmm where are all the SS fans? I'd be surprised that they would be okay with their beloved company suing another company.
seems that all companies are taking a little something from each other in the communications field then get mad and sue when someone takes from them.what I find ironic is that the biggest copycat of them all making the move this time
21. eliasafram7 (Posts: 83; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
hehehe u thought that SS dont have anything else more than spending their time on the internet to watch the news like u and wait them to respond
18. lyndon420 (Posts: 1785; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
They can both sue each other to the grave as far as I'm concerned. Sammy has done a dis-service to Android, and LG makes inferior smartphones.
20. haikallp (Posts: 119; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
used to be android vs apple..nowadays..its Samsung vs HTC vs LG vs Nokia vs...
26. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Really Samsung, really? You sued your old buddy LG ?
Sorry Samsung, you've disappointed me. Now, I love LG more than Samsung.
27. oFreddEo (Posts: 7; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
Can't we all just get along? Apple is the real enemy