Samsung starts updating Galaxy Tab 10.1 to Ice Cream Sandwich
0. phoneArena 01 Aug 2012, 03:20 posted on
Samsung has now finally started pushing the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update to some of its tablets including the Galaxy Tab 10.1…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. andro. (Posts: 1998; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
The update certainly has made the tab faster and has incorporated much more of the ics styling,plus the likes of the excellent chrome browser is now available to download.
Touchwiz on the tab is fine but with isc apex launcher and nova laucher are now available and the tab certainly flies with smoothly,using one of these launchers is well recommended!
4. metoyou (Posts: 279; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Woot woot, my sister's tab is getting it now :)
5. Allen3697 (Posts: 86; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
Thank God. My sister has the 10.1 but it is so SLOW. I have a rooted Kindle Fire with a Jelly Bean ROM, and it is so much quicker.I hope this update really helps.
8. ph00ny (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 May 2011)
7.7 got updated to ICS last month
7. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
My tab doesn't have that Samsung branding on the bottom of it. Its just a solid black.... is the international version different?
9. buggerrer (Posts: 306; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
How do you update using Kies? I got connected with it, but don't see how to perform the update. Any help?
10. andro. (Posts: 1998; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Mine showed up as an over the air update through settings on the tab,it might be though that ics is not available fin your region or through your carrier yet. If an update is available for your tab through kies it should notify that its available as soon as kies detects and necognises the tab
11. buggerrer (Posts: 306; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
in the the US and still no update. I installed the kies software for windows and found the section where you can check for an update, however it says no update is available. i guess i'll just have to wait...