Samsung starts rolling out the 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy Ace 2
0. phoneArena 02 Apr 2013, 03:37 posted on
It's time to take it to Facebook and let the world know that your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 is getting updated to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. One of our main gripes with the handset, when the manufacturer first released it in the middle of 2012, was that it came with the aging Android 2.3 Gingerbread, instead of something more contemporary like ICS or JB. Thankfully, Samsung is righting the wrong right now as it has started the roll-out of the 4.1 update for this trusty mid-ranger...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Compare this with SONY. Xperia P etc all still in queue with no news as to when they get JB though the company promised months back that it will be March 2013 ...
3. thunderising (Posts: 232; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
The update roll out begins March end. BEGINS. Understand these words in ENGLISH
6. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Are you a SONY lawyer?
If it "BEGINS" then they should also specify an "END" date just like they specify the END of support dates wrt upgrades. It just can't be open ended. Oh maybe It begins Q1 2013 and Ends Q1 2014 right?
7. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Dude, it will be updated in the "END OF MARCH", which means it starts in April.
11. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
If an university says semester begins END of March it doesn't mean semester begins Start of April ... it means it begins End of march :)
9. RohanM (Posts: 136; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
now take this, xperia p was also on 2.3 later got ics 4.0.4 which ace 2 is bypassing & xperia p also getting jb soon. so thus xperia p got 2 major upgrades. now compare this.
12. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
ICS Hosed Camera on XP do you know that? Check talk.sonymobile.com ... there's a difference between getting soon and already got it :)
15. RohanM (Posts: 136; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
I guess either your English is week or u don't understand my comment !! Read it properly then only reply.
Also whats does this mean ?? -- >> "ICS Hosed Camera on XP"
16. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Since you brought in unrelated answer (which means even your english is weak) to what i wrote my answer had to be on similar lines ...
Visithttp://talk.sonymobile.com you would know what it means wrt camera on XP and ICS ... it never was fixed even with a follow up release.
10. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 164; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
ok compare it with Xperia J a low end device and got jelly bean
14. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 164; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
that's because it's a cheap phone if they made a cheap phone with very good specs and upgradable to jelly bean they won't sell the xperia J and many people won't go for the xperia P as they will be satisfied with the sola
that's the same as galaxy ace plus and galaxy W " it's also not upgradable ;)
17. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Bottom line is SONY is toooo lazy on updates.
Even on their own forums moderators say don't invest money on a Sony mid ranger (J) ... :)
18. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 164; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
actually I will invest my money on the J for me it's better than the ace plus and it's already received the JB update so what's your point
2. thethird (Posts: 72; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Who does this right? only few manufacturers does this right. SO yeah props to Samsung. [+]
4. uchihakurtz (Posts: 352; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Using it right now. It is carrier branded but way faster and battery-friendly compared to the leak version.
19. maxspecs (Posts: 35; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
so is there is any news whether the galaxy s duos will get the jelly bean or not. this is really irritating :( :(
20. ncv144 (Posts: 126; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I remember seeing a few months ago a ZTE device that started with Froyo and had gotten Jellybean4.2, and it was a midrange device
I wish they would have updated the original Ace beyond GB, it definitely could stand JB, as I had it rooted...