Samsung sold twice as many smartphones as Apple in Q3, Nokia falls out of top five smartphone makers
0. phoneArena 26 Oct 2012, 03:31 posted on
Samsung sold 56.3 million smartphones in the third quarter of 2012, more than any other company and twice as many as its nearest competitor Apple…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
26. pookiewood (Posts: 631; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Can't compare cheap plastic to quality polycarbonate plastic. Sorry.
49. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
yes u r right about build material but why samsung number one 1 ? because build is not everything my friend everyone wants performance material at second plan this is general opinion. samsung is not new nokia because samsung doesn't give so called 'smartphones' as nokia did once.
27. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
samsung will never be the new nokia... if samsung could actually make a phone that is very durable, then you can say that!
beat 3310 first!!!
and oh... even the glorious s3 was beaten by iPhone 5 durability on the drop test... who's lousy now?
41. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Have you seen the Captivate or do you enjoy blabbering?
44. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
agreed. My SGS1 vibrant is still running strong and nearly scratch free after over 2 years of abuse, dropping, running into things, ect.
The SGS3 is one flake in an entire line up of very durable phones. The i5 is one durable phone in a line up of flakes.
21. allen83 (Posts: 107; Member since: 01 Mar 2012)
tama pikapowerize. That's why i chose N9 over Lumia 800
22. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
yeah... and wow... cheaper nalang ang N9 and 808 pureview!! N9 now only 16k while 808 pureview 18k in MOA!
thats why i want to buy both of them this christmas!!
13. ssk27 (Posts: 15; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Make more profit sammy before nokia jumps into android....
15. omacmagic (Posts: 25; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
I have no doubts buying a Lumia android phone if Nokia produces it and I'm sure countless of others do but Nokia NEVER listens to what ppl want :/ That will always be their downfall.
16. someones4 (Posts: 625; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Aggresive pricing, amazing pr and marketing, flooding the market with devices, vast resources and most importantly, innovation. I can only see samsung going up from now on.
18. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
An Android powered Lumia 920 would make my mouth drool.
Samsung has been king and will continue to!
28. pookiewood (Posts: 631; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
I know the Android bots have taken over these comments but I'm sorry I wouldn't want Android on the Lumia line at all. Maybe they can a totally different design to satisfy ya'll but keep WP8 with the Lumias. The Design and the OS are a perfect combo. You'll see the Lumia 920 is going to own. Nokia will be ok.
34. Topcat488 (Posts: 1396; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
As long as Nokia sticks with Windows L8, it will never be, what it's full potential can make of it. Put that camera on a Samsung, and its SoC, let Nokia design the body of the phone... Wham, Bam, thank you Maam; For that intensive orgasm, just nutted all over the though of it! Call it the illuminate 920, if you want.
36. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
is the light blue area featurephone?
wow...never really expect ZTE will be up there!! i mean does anyone really buy there devices? maybe in cheap market...
as far as i know huawei and ZTE are the makers of our broadband stick here.... motorola-made are expensive!
39. Friendlysky (Posts: 54; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Keep it up Sammy, I will support your products . All my family have 5 GS 1-3 plus note II very soon. NO APPLE. I told my colleage No apple it's no goods.
42. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
do not cheer for any one company as that company cares nothing for you personally. Buy what you feel is the best for you, even if it is made by APPLE, Samsung, Nokia, etc. Companies get complacent (see APPLE) when they realize that they can sell something just because of the name, because of the brand.
40. Ravail (Posts: 182; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
Nokia will continue to destroy itself as long as it uses WP and Stephen Elop is CEO. Either way... Samsung all the way!
51. BigBoss10 (Posts: 274; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
The one who dislike my comment is an Samsung HATERS haha...shame on you : D
50. Arthurhkt (Posts: 490; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Hm... Never thought that even BlackBerry able to out run Nokia sales..... Really interesting..... (By the way i am not a BlackBerry or Nokia hater)