Samsung sold 20 million Galaxy S4 devices in just two months
0. phoneArena 03 Jul 2013, 02:45 posted on
In just 2 months since its launch, the Samsung Galaxy S4 has sold over 20 million units…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Yeah Yeah Yeah, we know...S4 this...S4 that.....old news...Now can we divert our attention to the Note 3?
Many of you might disagree but this product is just not polished enough
8. Jason2k13 (Posts: 425; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
actually its not old news, analysts has been saying this whole time that samsung is going downhill with the S4, but this article proves them wrong.
19. abdane (Posts: 448; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
where are sammy haters now ? 20 million in 2 months, soon 30 million in 1Q, apple's best Q was 2012's Q4 and it sold 37 million iPhones, not iPhone 4S's, samsung will sell 30 million GS4's ONLY !!! faith in humanity... restored.
71. PAPINYC (Posts: 1834; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah is RIGHT!!
"This report will obviously quiet down analysts who speculated that Samsung is having troubles selling as many Galaxy S4s as it would have liked." ....
by "Anal-ysts" do you mean iPhoneArena where everything possible is done to gloriFi' the iTunes glass-encased [NOT perfect] WiFi smartphone and bash everything that stomps on it??
By the 'vay, "Those same analysts suggested that with the arrival of many S4 DERIVATIVES," derivatives COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY OUT OF CONTEXT.
Shame on you Victor H.
83. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Yeah shame on you Victor H.
Tell them PAPINYC®
4. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1473; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Wooooooo.common Sammy haters where are you...even haters have to admit this is very good!
76. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Really using quality Cpu, Gpu, screen, memory, a highend feautre tech phone with hyper glaze plastic is cheap now. Joker!®
100. tedkord (Posts: 3393; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Cheap with a higher bill of materials than the supposedly premium phone?
72. PAPINYC (Posts: 1834; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
There under an iRock because these sales statistics are iRRefutable!!
5. Gaurav008 (Posts: 178; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Man. Calm down. Fanboyism will not earn you any money.
7. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1473; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
LOL I'm just constantly sick of people bashing the S4 when actually its one of the best if not best phone out there....
57. Peter98 (Posts: 119; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Come on, FANBOY! How many months S4 had launched? And they r just reporting the first 2 months, maybe the rest are WORST!
104. abdane (Posts: 448; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
the S4 has been launched for 2 months... hahaha, check your sources bro ;)
6. Jason2k13 (Posts: 425; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
lol now the analysts can shut the h*ll up, the S4 is going strong this whole time. Go search #newphones on instagram and all you see are galaxyS4's.
10. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1473; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Mind explaining how when you have clicked on a article saying the S4 has sold over 20million....is it luck then? Go away Sony Fanboy!
15. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2375; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Shhhhh your sensitivity is showing your fanboyism :(
16. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1473; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Yet your the one who was saying "Sony #1"......idiot!
26. PunyPoop (Posts: 506; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
What's wrong with saying Sony #1? Did he mentioned anything offensive? I can say, Apple #1, HTC #1, SONY #1, LG #1, and that's not offensive. WE LOVE QUALITY PRODUCTS! That's ALL!
29. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1473; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Hahaha quality products! Samsung create quality products just as much as these guys but your to far up the other OEMs and your fellow haters @as that you cxant see it now go back to your cave troll!
35. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1473; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Hahaha you are the most idiotic I have met on this site,...
80. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Take a weeks vacation. This good news is really killing you. Jealousy and hate is making you become in raged!
32. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1473; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
And if they create so much better quality products why aren't they ahead in the market!? Or are you going to insult every person which buys a Samsung device now?
34. PunyPoop (Posts: 506; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Okay sorry to hurt your feelings, don't get mad...
86. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
More like your really hurt with insane jealousy that your brand couldn't do well. ®
51. iushnt (Posts: 376; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
then put it in their respective articles. Or if some day, luckily sony actually made better product then samsung and also managed to sell them better then comment in that article.. Sony #1.. Then only it makes sense
64. istitch (Posts: 117; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Can you please STFU with your 20million stuff?
87. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
And you feel burn and anger hate that you no longer are your self anymore.
Get over it jealous fanboy®
11. Zeus.k (Posts: 78; Member since: 13 Jun 2013)
S4 is the best phone out there. People can bash it for the design however it doesn't look bad. Good job done Samsung. They definitely deserve to be on the top however competition is catching up and they need to up the game like they did with S2. I think they can definitely pull it off since they have resources to do it.
21. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 568; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Ooooh! That's a major blow to Samsung haters! :'D many of them thought their favourite OEMs finally had a chance, lol!
41. tiara6918 (Posts: 1099; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Nice sales! But I don't think they will still surpass the iPhone 5 sales or the next gen iPhone unless they do something that would really be the next big thing. I am highly anticipating the note 3, because I can really see the huge and powerful changes in the note line rather than the s
53. iushnt (Posts: 376; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
for your information, S3 alone outsold iphone 5
56. fanboy1974 (Posts: 814; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
No one knows how many iPhone 5's were sold because Apple combined iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and iPhone 5. They just say that 30 million iPhone's were sold and that's it. Got to figure that iPhone 5 sales compared to it's older brothers are good but not great because Apple hasn't made a big deal about.
And when Apple updates the iPhone to iOS 7 starting with iPhone 4 how many people want to upgrade again if the phone just works (albeit slower)? Got to figure sooner or later Apple's plan to support old hardware actually hurts sales especially when the phone looks the same.
45. dilippanchiwala (Posts: 8; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Wrong news....!!! Fack fack and Fack...
Juct they want increase to sell more.....YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA
52. Trex95 (Posts: 482; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
I bet that phone arena mentioned that sold and other tech sites will mentioned as shipments Lol.
54. fanboy1974 (Posts: 814; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
S4 and Note 3 = Batman and Robin
iPhone 5s = Lois Lane
59. Trex95 (Posts: 482; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Iphone 5s and Nexus 5= Bruce Lee and Micheal jai white
Galaxy S4 and Note 3= Jay z and Beyonce
68. PunyPoop (Posts: 506; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Batman and Robin is Old Stuff :D
SONY =The DARK KNIGHT RISES!
55. muhsen (Posts: 172; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
I hope they r not counting all s4 derivatives as well (active,zoom,mini and others) within this 20 million because that will be called cheating
66. Jason2k13 (Posts: 425; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
those phones only came out like what...1 weeks? 2 weeks? they would barely make any sales
58. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 458; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
I love seeing people argue over things that have no direct bearing on their lives. Samsung, Sony, Apple, or heck even McDonald's love to see free advertising from random people who they dont have to pay. 20 million s4's sold and not 1 penny paid out to 1 phonearena loyalist!
62. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1473; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
thats my job......making sure everyone gets free advertising.....got a local business.....contact me :D
63. piyath (Posts: 149; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
WELL DONE SAMMY!!!
I Wish You All the Best! 20 million people..... and enough said!!!!!!!!!!!
Sammy the NO 1 !!!
67. sniperdroid (Posts: 61; Member since: 23 May 2013)
If they are "made up" they should show up in their quarterly reports but going by Samsung I doubt they ever want that kind of bad publicity. Just accept it, it sold 20 million just the way we accept how well the iPhone sells despite not being a huge fan.
88. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 416; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
I traded in my Blackberry Z10 courtesy of the T Mobile grace period due to the app selection (or lack there of) as well as the recent doom and gloom BB headlines. I didn't go for the iPhone or the HTC One because I needed an SD card slot so I chose the Galaxy S4. At first I wasn't interested in the S4 due to its Fisher Price styling but it looks much better in person than in the photos. It's also the Swiss Army knife of phone. So far I'm smitten.
90. Cha7520 (Posts: 175; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)
Who cares if they sold that many. My HTC ONE is a better phone, so I have nothing to be "J" over! lol
91. Andrewtst (Posts: 200; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
How true this figure are, only Samsung know.
S4 in my country immediate drop few hundred after two weeks sales. And obvious difficult to see anyone holding it.
Last year at least 10 out of my friends buy S III, this year only one person getting the S4.
The retailer shop is never clouded as last year, my country active forum of phones where S4 thread is running extremely slow.
Everything show up S4 is not that famous as it suppose.
93. iushnt (Posts: 376; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
I knew they would sell well.. I can see everywhere in my country.. Well done Sammy
97. Eonnaydra (Posts: 178; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Can somebody from Phonearena's staff ban WHoyton1?
It's annoying to see that spam with 20 millions stuff again and again.To calm down,Apple sold around 120 millions of iPhones(5,4S,4) during the Q4 2012,Q1/Q2/Q3 2013.
I think his IQ is on the same level with a retard/monkey.
Congrats to Samsung for these sales,but we shouldn't forget how much money did SS spend in the last 2 month on marketing,my city is full of ads with S4.
98. networkdood (Posts: 4748; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
What Samsung does better now than Apple is they market the product by showing off the product's capability.