Samsung skipping ICS update, goes directly to Jelly Bean on Galaxy Ace 2
0. phoneArena 12 Sep 2012, 06:46 posted on
You might be pissed at first when you hear that Samsung extremely affordable mid-ranger the Galaxy Ace 2 is not getting updated to Ice Cream Sandwich…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
ace 2 is sola competitor.. i hope sola gets jb quicker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Doesn't look likely soon. XP just got ICS after months of wating.
2. jroc74 (Posts: 5192; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Nice move Samsung. Wish other manufactures did more of this.
4. rihel_95 (Posts: 245; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
want ICS or JB on my Samsung Galaxy Ace... :(
9. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
its too old and lousy for that
Besides , its not produced anymore so do you think Samsung actually give a s**t ?
Root and flash CM9 yourself
14. rihel_95 (Posts: 245; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
CM9 is still in built for this phone. Last release was Alpha 3, no stable release yet.
6. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
don't be like that, Android is improving
10. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Jelly bean on such a low end device will lag .
Just like iOS6 for 3GS will lag
7. b0g23 (Posts: 13; Member since: 26 May 2012)
strange ... samsung sweden anounce the update for samsung advance in the 4Q of 2012, i think the update for samsung i8160 will be in the 1Q of 2013 ... :)
8. SprSkl (Posts: 2; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
Respect for Samsung for this if this is true. I'm shocked and happy at the same time.
11. jonathandh (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
This would be awesome, but I'm a bit sceptical..
12. suren1998 (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
you people r so stupid . don't u think samsung will test jellybean on the ace 2 before officially announcing it? u haven't even seen it yet so shut ur faces