Samsung skipping ICS update, goes directly to Jelly Bean on Galaxy Ace 2
0. phoneArena posted on 12 Sep 2012, 06:46
You might be pissed at first when you hear that Samsung extremely affordable mid-ranger the Galaxy Ace 2 is not getting updated to Ice Cream Sandwich…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. loken posted on 12 Sep 2012, 06:58 0
ace 2 is sola competitor.. i hope sola gets jb quicker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. rusticguy posted on 12 Sep 2012, 07:32 1
Doesn't look likely soon. XP just got ICS after months of wating.
2. jroc74 posted on 12 Sep 2012, 07:17 2
Nice move Samsung. Wish other manufactures did more of this.
9. IamYourFather6657 posted on 13 Sep 2012, 08:03 0
its too old and lousy for that
Besides , its not produced anymore so do you think Samsung actually give a s**t ?
Root and flash CM9 yourself
14. rihel_95 posted on 03 Feb 2013, 07:57 0
CM9 is still in built for this phone. Last release was Alpha 3, no stable release yet.
10. IamYourFather6657 posted on 13 Sep 2012, 08:03 0
Jelly bean on such a low end device will lag .
Just like iOS6 for 3GS will lag
7. b0g23 posted on 12 Sep 2012, 10:15 0
strange ... samsung sweden anounce the update for samsung advance in the 4Q of 2012, i think the update for samsung i8160 will be in the 1Q of 2013 ... :)
8. SprSkl posted on 13 Sep 2012, 06:56 0
Respect for Samsung for this if this is true. I'm shocked and happy at the same time.
11. jonathandh posted on 17 Oct 2012, 05:51 0
This would be awesome, but I'm a bit sceptical..
12. suren1998 posted on 13 Jan 2013, 05:37 0
you people r so stupid . don't u think samsung will test jellybean on the ace 2 before officially announcing it? u haven't even seen it yet so shut ur faces