Samsung shows off the multiwindow feature and more on Samsung GALAXY Note II video
0. phoneArena 30 Sep 2012, 19:47 posted on
Samsung has released a video showing off all of the new features on the Samsung GALAXY Note II including the multiwindow feature which allows the user to have the ulimate multitasking experience by dividing the screen into two separate displays...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
16. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Samsung did a great job of this on tablets.
I can have my calendar, calculator, notepad, clock, email, browser all open at the same time (if that was necessary).
When taking solve some math problems the other day, it was really useful to have the notepad and calculator open at the same time.
I could write down numbers and do the calculations at the same time... easily.
27. Jelly_Bean (Posts: 109; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Well this beast gonna slap on each hater's face....!!!
Way to go Sammy. I feel jealous whenever I see any Hands on video of Note 2 :( I want one badly...!!!
48. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
oh man.. i want a galaxy nexus II so badly. say whatever you want to but SAMMY is the best in the business. they really nail it and i love build quality of my Gnex. it does not have any scratches even without a case. i have dropped it couple of times.
43. frydaexiii (Posts: 1262; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
My Galaxy S3 has never felt so puny and pathetic...
45. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1115; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Yup true multitasking it is!
call samsung whatever yoou want but the company has really tested market standars with this screen size device and its awesome!
samsung isn't afraid to try new things and this one has certainly skyrocketed for them!
50. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1010; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
I hope that feature comes to the US version of the Note II and if so, I almost dont see the point of buying the Galaxy Note 10.1
This is a great and innovative feature for smartphones because you can truely multitask like a PC/laptop device. This feature makes me want this phone more and more!!! October 24th will be a big day for alot of people in the US!!
52. aburgerBuksie (Posts: 15; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Why wait when u can buy it online at expansys.com I live in south africa where the sgNote2 will release in january next year, but I bought one at expansys and now I'm sitting here with this gargantuan phone totaly amazed of how early I got it. The only problem is that my brain is too small to remember all these quick tricks immediately. Its gonna take some time to get the hang of it, especially because I wnet from a 2,3" screen to a 5,5" screen. So my eyes gets weiry sometimes.
53. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1010; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
lol, I can see why your eyes are having issues. i'd rather wait for the AT&T version so that it can have their LTE speeds
2. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
I cannot lie.......my first thoughts when seeing this was........windows phone
33. bayusuputra (Posts: 949; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
the picture on the article.. looks like tiles..
but oh, boy, what a true multitasking beast! Not really a fan of samsung, but, well done, samsung!
I might wanna get the Note 10.1 and another phone (Nexus device preferably) instead of this, i would love to maximise its capability on a larger screen.
32. cheetah2k (Posts: 955; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
HOW THE F*** can a windows phone do this LOL!!!!!
4. MeoCao (unregistered)
I just don't see how iOS and WP can compete with Android.
13. SleepingOz (unregistered)
They sure can! Well at least iOS..
But not in terms of feature and functionality!
14. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
reminded me of the tiles on windows phone 8
18. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Huh? Idk if you're actually trolling as a Sony fanboy but you should have your eyes checked, buddy. This has nothing to do with those boring tiles.
30. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
the picture in the article looks like windows tiles they way its separated..... is what im sayin man.... or at least it seems it was inspired by windows theme......jus what i see
35. 90ninjas (unregistered)
That's an app, and it's called Flipboard which is a news app available to everyone.
36. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
lol lord......yea i understand what it is man......im just sayin the design looks like tiles that was inspired by windows .........still really cool im just giving my first impression of it..
47. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Oh I see.. Well as 90ninjas said, it's Flipboard, a news app developed by Flipboard Inc(not related to Samsung), also available on iOS.
You should try it, really good app!
26. E.N. (Posts: 2415; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
All those features were all Samsung and had very little to do with Android at all. But this is probably the best phone to buy IF you're okay with carrying a huge phone and IF you don't mind using a stylus to get a lot of those features. I think the Galaxy Tab Note is a better buy.
29. imsickwithphone (banned) (Posts: 76; Member since: 17 May 2012)
you are WRONG.........
those feature can only be done on android platform coz Android is TRULY OPEN SYSTEM!!
31. E.N. (Posts: 2415; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
I know that..... but the credit should go to Samsung not Android.
37. jael206 (Posts: 132; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
credit is due to whom it is due.. of course this one goes to samsung. but seeing this someday on android is actually not far fetch, knowing that samsung and google (android) is currently tied-up because of the nexus
40. E.N. (Posts: 2415; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
I'm not too sure about that. All of these manufacturers are trying pretty hard to differentiate themselves from "Android" because they are often clumped together with all the other Android devices. If Samsung allowed Google to incorporate this technology into the standard Android experience, that would be a very bad business move since it removes a pretty significant advantage.
41. jael206 (Posts: 132; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
you have a point there mate.. im just saying that a feature such as this isn't likely to be overlooked by google.
5. jael206 (Posts: 132; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
currently, android is really more of windows-like than windows phone.. that's why for me, being a pc guy, i'll always go for android.. until i find something better
21. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Agreed. Android feels more PC like coming from a long time windows user. It has that same level of complexity and customization that I love. It's fine out the box if you have Ice Cream Sandwich or Jelly Bean but you can still fool around with it if you please.
I believe Google can actually compete against Microsoft and Apple in the desktop enviorment by putting a full blown OS into each phone. These phones are getting so powerful I can see our Android phones being used as a desktop replacements in the near future. Technically were there right now if you use a bluetooth keyboard, mouse and external monitor. This is were a feel Google is headed. Not so with iOS or Windows Phone.
6. farid00 (Posts: 4; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
i was about to get s3 but now im going after note 2.oh yeah
7. jael206 (Posts: 132; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
would it be great if this feature will be integrated in android key lime pie? yeah, i think so too
8. MarqBland (Posts: 13; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
I can't WAIT. iPhone4s...your days are numbered.
11. Nookie4u (Posts: 131; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
Thats a pretty good way to make use of the big screen.
12. SleepingOz (unregistered)
My next baby is so badass!
15. BattleBrat (Posts: 1216; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
This is just the beginning, Google had moto KILL its lapdock feature, I think that google has something incredible up its sleeve, I cannot WAIT until it is unveiled! Imagine, a desktop OS in your pocket, just connect wirelessly to your TV and BAM, your phone is your keyboard and mouse, or just get a keyboard and mouse and plug in your phone to your TV. YES!!!!
20. infernal88 (Posts: 113; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
it is already does this ...just have a smart TV and OTG cable to connect mouse and keyboard ...and then use allshare cast to mirror ur phone screen to the TV
17. MISTER.H (banned) (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
I will be buying this when coming out. Cant wait, have sold my Note to bye this Beast.....
19. 12013E12T (Posts: 37; Member since: 08 Sep 2009)
Wow.... I'm a fan of qwerty keyboards, but I have to admit that now I can't decide between getting the Motorola Photon Q or this :s
24. AlexYouOC (Posts: 53; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Its a damn shame how much this phone embarrasses the iPhone 5.... No wonder Apple just wants to sue Samsung, they are not competing with this
25. aburgerBuksie (Posts: 15; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Jip. I've put in an order and I'm expecting it in the next 10days. Can't wait till they deliver it.
28. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
No doubt this will be the BEST DEVICE to end 2012 and probably into at least June of 2013. Yes the Nexus 2 will be out soon, The Htc Droid Incredible X 1080p 5 inch phone will be out, as well as the Droid Razr Maxx Hd. None of those devices will compare ever to the Galaxy Note 2 until the Galaxy S4 arrives or the Galaxy Note 3 arrives in 2013. I love my Galaxy S3 it's KING of the smartphone market today but on launch day the Galaxy Note 2 will be in my pocket and I will have the best of both worlds...
34. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Why does Phonearena call Samsung phablets "son of phalblets", even though they ARE the biggest screen sized phones to date?
39. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
because is smaller than tablet,
and its mother of smartphone
38. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
WTF, take my money :(
who wants to trade with my SGS3
42. tigermcm (Posts: 806; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
sorry but the pic looks moreso blackberry 10 than it does wp8. this is coming from a wp user
44. xfire99 (Posts: 580; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
This is the Ultimate phone + tablet in one device and new Phablet phenomen arise.
Gonna upgrade mine Note to this new beauty when it release in mine country. A must have phone!!
46. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Now this is what it means to have a true, fully capable OS in your palm.
iOS on iPhone and WP are nothing but a featured app launchers compared to Android.
49. CDGMobile (Posts: 29; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
How can Apple compare with this their IP5 is not even making the moves that they expected, The SGS3 was already beating back the competition then we hear that there will be a galaxy note 2, and for all their scrambling, litigation and whooplah Apple is still unable to stop/compete with this upcoming giant. This phone... too carzy
51. twens (Posts: 738; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
God oh God oh God, what is this? Is it a beast or monster? Can't wait