Samsung shows off the Samsung ATIV S in two new videos
0. phoneArena posted on 07 Dec 2012, 21:09
Set to be released later this month, Samsung's entrant in the Windows Phone 8 sweepstakes, the Samsung ATIV S, is the subject of a couple of videos produced by the Korean based manufacturer; one video focuses on design and software while the other discusses social media and the camera...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. zaryab_hussain77 posted on 07 Dec 2012, 21:27 1 5
I love my samsung Galaxy s2..
Will buy a Galaxy Note 3 next year..
Like others m also havin financial problems.. Here in UAE the smartphones are so expensive
2. networkdood posted on 07 Dec 2012, 21:48 13 1
ok, but this video/ article is about the Samsung Windows 8 phone...lol
8. Rocksteady posted on 07 Dec 2012, 23:58 1 3
Exactly, I have no idea why is he telling us about his personal stuff!!
is this chicken soup for the soul webiste now?!
24. darkkjedii posted on 09 Dec 2012, 14:18 0 0
Exactly no one even remotely mentioned android, or the galaxy line.
7. Wiki_jaan posted on 07 Dec 2012, 23:57 0 4
nxt year next big thing coming dude ! s4
so forget s3
12. Wiki_jaan posted on 08 Dec 2012, 01:45 0 3
9. tashreef posted on 08 Dec 2012, 00:43 1 1
but my frnd bought Samsung GS3 For 1,753.85 AED (26000 INR) from UAE...
but in india it still cost 36000....then how it's expensive in UAE....compared to india
3. Appleyy520 posted on 07 Dec 2012, 22:02 0 1
i love samsung.but xiaomi m2 is my third one.i have got it from IBUYGOU
4. uneedhelp posted on 07 Dec 2012, 22:16 9 2
I would buy Samsung products if they didn't feel so cheap.
5. Ruckus posted on 07 Dec 2012, 22:22 2 1
I got my wife the Lumia 822 and it's a great phone! Hopefully the Ativ will bring some Samsung fans to the WP8 side.
6. rsiders posted on 07 Dec 2012, 22:24 2 1
Please T-Mobile and Samsung....Nokia did us in with the exclusive deal. Do the right thing this time.
10. tashreef posted on 08 Dec 2012, 00:45 2 2
How it will stand against Flagship Like Nokia Lumia 920
looks like samsung will give it for free....
13. androidlikeaboss posted on 08 Dec 2012, 01:59 3 1
This is a good phone but I'm sorry, the Nokia Lumia 920 is better
14. shadez10 posted on 08 Dec 2012, 03:50 5 1
its kind of a bit too late sammy... -_-
Lumia 920 and HTC 8X are on the move already...
15. snowgator posted on 08 Dec 2012, 05:36 0 0
First off, happy looking pooch hanging out that window!! :)
Secondly, I do not understand the "it's too late" comments. WP 8 devices will be coming out for the foreseeable future. If Android can have all kind of follow ups, why on Earth would WP be any different? The ATIV S is just the next device. Nokia sure will have more in 2013, and if the 8S and 8X are successful so will HTC. I am glad Samsung waited to iron out whatever issues they felt it had. Now, it can launch with a little more spotlight on it as opposed to being lost in the shuffle.
20. shadez10 posted on 08 Dec 2012, 16:53 1 0
its the WP flagship of samsung... they should have released it early or at the same time as the other 2 flagships from other manufacturer...
but anyway... Ativ is better than HTC 8X...
16. Mghazisohail posted on 08 Dec 2012, 05:55 2 0
the smartphone looks cool and it's also identical to it's big bro the gs3 but the lumia 920 beats it in many aspects!!!
17. Mghazisohail posted on 08 Dec 2012, 05:56 2 0
hope it's build quality is better than the gs3
22. cornerofthemoon posted on 09 Dec 2012, 09:37 0 0
According to all the early reviews the ATIVs at least feel like their built from better quality materials.
18. TROLL posted on 08 Dec 2012, 09:31 0 4
With a Quad core msm8960 L920 & Htc8 don't stand a chance
21. Berzerk000 posted on 09 Dec 2012, 06:54 1 0
It's not quad core, all these flagship WP devices have to same specs, just different screens and designs.
1.5 GHz dual S4
1 GB RAM
Samsung has no advantage in the WP world other than brand recognition.
25. darkkjedii posted on 09 Dec 2012, 14:22 0 0
When u say they don't stand a chance, what exactly do u mean? The people who own the phones just wanna use them, and the phones themselves have no idea what they have inside them. U make it sound like the phones r gonna joust, box, or do mma or something. Relax bro...they're just phones not rockem sockem robots.
19. kushki posted on 08 Dec 2012, 15:08 0 0
It could be a good phone in Android market being similar to GS3 and all where no Lumias are offered.... however when it comes to WP and compaerd against Lumia porducts, this is s**t....
23. cornerofthemoon posted on 09 Dec 2012, 09:41 0 0
I'm on T-Mobile so it's either the Nokia Lumia 810 or HTC 8X. Since every HTC product I've ever owned has been a lemon I'll get the Nokia unless Carly adds the ATIV to the T-Mobile lineup.
26. Wiki_jaan posted on 09 Dec 2012, 22:07 0 0
PA shud remove this thumb down button and facebook shud add this....
27. charms55 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 02:15 0 0
I have been looking more closely at this phone recently. I have an HTC Titan and love it, but of course in a few months will think about upgrading to WP8. I wasn't sure I would like the 4.7" screen, but actually love this phone. Solid build, actually pretty decent camera, and thin. What I am hoping, is the fabled Zenith, the third and flagship of the HTC 8s/8x line will arrive, but if not, giving this Samsung some serious thought. Imagining 32Gb with added MicroSD card. Some serious storage there.
While I agree the Lumia 920 is currently the top dog, I have heard it is a beast, considering it sports a 4.5" screen. With the larger screens, better to have a thin form factor. And the form factor of the 8x is gorgeous...what I thought the Lumias would be leaning towards. The only over-riding factor for the Lumia would be the extensive exclusive apps such as navigation and drive.