Samsung shares take a hit and drop 7% after verdict
0. phoneArena 27 Aug 2012, 02:17 posted on
The value of Samsung as a going concern dropped by $12 billion after the Korean firm's shares tanked 7% on Monday morning; it was the first chance investors had to react to the verdict late Friday that awarded Apple slightly more than $1 billion...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. groupsacc (Posts: 232; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
That's funny coming from a person with an Apple logo.
7. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
It was kind of irony. Everybody copies on this market, you cant even tell who copies whom anymore.
But Samsung is just to dumb*ss to hide it.
10. groupsacc (Posts: 232; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Well, at least they don't go around patenting everything they steal from others.
Like for example when Apple filed patent for "the ability to buy digital stuff online with credits" and a carbon copy of the PS3's "Dual-Shock Controller" this year. What's more ridiculous is that they are both pending patents, if not granted already.
Yeah, you can go around and call other companies as dumbasses for not patenting every single trivial, prior-arts, and stolen ideas; but at least they aren't being immoral.
11. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
I did seen enough fanboy arguments to know where this is heading, so i better pass.
13. groupsacc (Posts: 232; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
I assume when you say fanboi you are referring to yourself? :)
have a good date mate
15. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
To both of us. I am an obvious Apple fanboy, you are an obvious Apple hater.
4. Rocksteady (unregistered)
Congrats on the 1 billion+
But now, more people hate apple. It's a loss for them on the long run.
8. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
By more people you mean Android fans? Well, they already do and always will. What most of the people hear in the news is: "Samsung copied Apple". The falling sales of Samsung make it clear - did you even read what the article says?
14. Rocksteady (unregistered)
I meant by "more people" people that may consider buying apple products.
You are right regarding the negative effect of Samsung shares going down, but not sales, Samsung products provide more value for the money, In my opinion,if apple users tried a decent android device, they will consider switching.
At the end, I respect your choice, if ios suits you, use it. Have a good day.
16. hengnarath (Posts: 14; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
This case showed me how iPhone were born. It's a shame that Apple own the rectangle shape when LG Prada and Samsung F700 were held by some of you before iPhone. oh how about the iSony-Style-Phone? How about those prior-art that shown in the case? Is it how you call iPhone creator the innovator? Shame...
5. Jay_F (Posts: 236; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Ouch... I'm sure they'll do just fine in the long run though. This is just reactionary. Once the stockholders see that Samsung is virtually unaffected, they'll regain their confidence.
6. Shino (banned) (Posts: 196; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Finally justice. But I think this fine is just too small.
9. Mitchel (Posts: 228; Member since: 25 May 2012)
Samsung did copy Apple on Galaxy S variants and Galaxy Ace, but Apple's patents like "pinch to zoom" and "tap to zoom" should be invalidate..
12. Altair (Posts: 364; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Good, burn in hell copycat Samsung! No more cheap plastic crap for consumers!
17. buccob (Posts: 1815; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Not to worry....
The only thing Samsung has to do is to up the prices of their chips that are being supplied to Apple... so the net income from that outweighs their loss
18. Jay_F (Posts: 236; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
GENIUS!! Why did nobody think of that?!?! Oh yeah, they have a contract.