Samsung shares fall again to a nine-month low on diminished earnings outlook
0. phoneArena 26 Jun 2013, 04:17 posted on
On Wednesday during regular trading hours on the Korean stock exchange, shares of Samsung Electronics fell another 3 percent, dropping to a nine month low, on rumors that it is going to report diminishing earnings for the April-June period, compared with the analysts' predictions...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
30. tech2 (Posts: 2328; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
So that we can learn to pick ourselves up !
48. Commentator (Posts: 2467; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
So we can die in a pool of our own blood outside an opera-house with our helpless child crying over our lifeless corpse.
2. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Just release note 3 now, or your share will go DOWN!!
8. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
they will release note3 in q4.releasing now could create more problems
18. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Actually, I can't wait to upgrade my phone..
29. pyradark (Posts: 781; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
sorry dude, everyone is still happy with S3 and Note 2.
people will either shift to premium product like sony or htc.
bye bye sammy
11. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
They are repeating the mistakes of HTC..
13. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1633; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
What mistakes would that be? Samsung shares will rocket back up either when the note 3 comes out or when design 3.0 comes....
17. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
They have released more than 5 variants of GS4.. Thats what HTC had done with their One X.
One X, One X+, One XL..
Note 3 will succeed for sure.
22. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1633; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Yeh I too think note will succeed and I see what you mean about the HTC one ......I-i agree with you......
41. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
This is the first that you are agreed with me. Peace.
36. jbreault (Posts: 25; Member since: 04 Mar 2012)
they making to meany thing and not all of them are making money. they have there hands in to ever thing they need to cute back on the stuff not any money so your so right HTC had to meany phones not making money
54. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
One of HTC's mistakes was not following up great phones with great phones. EVO was outstanding, EVO 3D fail, EVO Shift fail, EVO Design?.
3. mayur007 (Posts: 459; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
i think its the best time for other companies to launch high end phones.. and samsung to launch thr new phones ...
now samsung will learn
to change old desing to new , better and quality material product
12. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
wait.did u just ask sammy to release new phones?dafuq are you saying?
they release new phones every week no matter what.
58. mayur007 (Posts: 459; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Lol yeahh but I meant for high end phones .
4. sri_tech (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Margins on high end PC's like ATIV Q also will be high. But the problem is they wont sell as many of those products like Smartphones.
5. istitch (Posts: 170; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
unless the note 3 is a major breakthrough, or else samsung is gonna have a hard time while OEMs like HTC, sony and LG are emerging.
9. _Bone_ (Posts: 2137; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Samsung sold 31% more smartphones in the first quarter over last year just in Europe, so what hard times are coming exactly? The Ativ like-up looks spectacular with Q-like solutions having epic potential, the Note III and Androir DSLR are hotly anticipated, Tizen phones are coming and then next year flexible displays will change everything, guess who's leading that race.
16. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1633; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Well said bone completely agree with you, Samsung are too big to fall that quickly besides Samsung always has something up their sleeve!
32. pyradark (Posts: 781; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
hmmmm ill pass to their sleeve after the dissapointing S4
37. istitch (Posts: 170; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
It will fall, it's just matter of time, and how fast it falls.
34. MachidoDen (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 30 May 2013)
A single brand can't compete in every product
No matter they come up with laptops
Interchangable android cameras
Samsung will come down now
Nothing is permanent
Why all this news coming out suddenly??
Why all this didnt happen in 2011 or 2012
Something is changing
61. haseebzahid (Posts: 1836; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
dont forget they might have pipelined 200% increased production but sales maybe only 31% increase just some example i gave here so in that case its obviously a big lose,
if you watch nokia currect strategy they are limiting their production as per demand , while samsung is spaming their devices that dont even have the fame of SGS4 like other ZOOM or midrange phones
if i am not wrong they only got 2 lines that are key saling product SGS1,2,3,4.... and Note1,2,... rest is crap or not even competetive
6. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
well,this is what you get when you use s4 branding on stupid phones(except s4active)
now to regain share value,bring design 3.0 ASAP
7. FlushGordon (unregistered)
The high-end market is now diluted due to the onslaught of cheaper sub $200 Android phones, the gap between high end Qualcom and entry level quad core Mediatek phones is too close now in terms of features vs price difference! And this didnt exist a year ago!....I think the trend will still continue ..regardless as to whether the NOTE 3 will present some killer features or not
Apple isn't exempted either.
15. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1633; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Hahahha funny when apple loses shares you don't think anything of it but Samsung......baaaaa baaaaa go graze troll......
19. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Troll? No not really..
and iPhone 5 is still selling well.
23. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1633; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Yeh but apple shares are plumetting...... But I'm not hear flame.......this is a new me :) I love every s,martphone, OEM and fellow tech people!
42. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I love all smartphones.. but I hate FANBOYS!
28. MachidoDen (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 30 May 2013)
50 Galaxies Vs 1 iphone
And that also iphone is more expensive than Flagship galaxy
Still apple is marked 2nd
52. iushnt (Posts: 728; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
but its one flagship is enough to outsell iphone..or lets say to compete head to head..
14. wendygarett (unregistered)
This is why I love android so much, whoever slacking will straight down and replaced by someone :D
such an healthy news for competition anyway
24. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1633; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
At the state Samsung are at now they are too big to fall this quickly....
25. Andrewtst (Posts: 353; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Samsung deserved this! GREAT!
Now you know similar design plastic product won't work.
43. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Even potato is better than Plastic
62. haseebzahid (Posts: 1836; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
copied everything from everyone and made those copies from cheapest meterial with lowest priced components yeah right they defenetly deserve a punch even chinese brands got better durability then samsung and they comes in way to low price unlike samsung overpriced phones
26. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 843; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
People like to scream doom far too quickly :D
The GS4 despite lower sales than its 1st month is STILL the best selling Android around either way and it's still far ahead of any competitors :)
31. MachidoDen (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Because just 1 day before i.e tuesday Sony announced Xperia Z Ultra
33. pyradark (Posts: 781; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Great News!! Finally something I love to read
35. Topcat488 (Posts: 1170; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Stocks will rise on speculations and fall by manipulation, thats the way pyramids are designed to work... Bankers buy low and sell high... So if Samsung had said we'll sale 3 million a month, but sold 7 million, its stock would have doubled by now huh.?. Same company different stock price... Wallstreet rules this world, but don't be fooled.
38. taikucing (unregistered)
No wonder. Same childish design, same cheap plastic material, overheating exynos 5 CPU are the causes
39. maccess (Posts: 632; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
i dont get it about childish design?? galaxy family always feels great in hand than other phones and you get removable battery as a bonus too.. cheap plastic?? it's polycarbonate if you didn't know.. overheating exynos cpu?? don't worry firmware upgrade will solve the problem i think..
51. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 657; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
I agree. What is about design??? whatever design it is, a person will get only one mobile. If design is so important rather than cost & performance, & u dont like the samsung design, get something u like. Stop trolling about design.
People saying same design. I guess all iPhones are of different design. FTW.. Even sony mobiles have same kinda design. Only company whose designs are awesome & better than any other on this planet is HTC.
47. roscuthiii (Posts: 1863; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Options are good, but not watering down the brand is, umm... gooder?
49. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 657; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Samsung's share has fallen not because of S4. Its not like Samsung creates only Galaxy S4's. Samsung is in business of other electronic devices, components, etc. People here are commenting as if shares have fallen because SGS4 has lesser sales. LOL..
50. JunitoNH (Posts: 960; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Sad indeed, Samsung was supposed to release today S4- oblivion.
53. faizan-sharif (Posts: 54; Member since: 26 Jun 2013)
it had to happen when they did nt change the design b/w S3 and S4, in a group of 5 frnds all samsung fans, and all s3 owners but i went with Xperia Z along with another frnd, and xtremely happy with it, may be i will never go back to samsung, if they do nt launch something to call me back
One selected Iphone 5 one went for Nokia Lumia(he is still waiting for 925 to be on local store) but he has decided , and one got HTC One
So this is how we left using samsung, if you do nt make something good users will go for the change, thats what happening to samsung, all devices exactly same even the most premium flagship? now immense price drop of S4 is helping samsung a little, for people who had low udget are buying but still, who have been S3 users , their are very few who bought S4 atleast i did nt see one
55. ryq24 (Posts: 527; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Apple will sue samsung for copying them again! :-)
56. Sondae (Posts: 190; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
Well samsung made to much products that consumer tend to get confused what to get and not to buy there new product because they know there will be better like note 3. Plus there are many alternative product aside from samsung. Its not like after s4 you buy another phone lol.
57. lzsbleach (Posts: 155; Member since: 20 May 2012)
I hope this wakes Samsung up because they are not living up to their hype. I hope next year they can focus on making less and better phones with new and better designs.
59. Loubielou (Posts: 239; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Samsung seems to be the main producer in phones an tvs,but they have got to improve there support for these products,as updates are always so slow from Samsung,but we neen Samsung to get the Smartphones improved,as the memory lose on the S4 was a big mistake made by them,but the updates for the S4 are late again by Samsung,if Nokia was with Android then Samsung would be struggling more,as Nokia use to best for support with phones
60. DONUT (Posts: 307; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
god knows how long ive been waiting for this to happen -does holy dance-