Samsung sets smartphone sales record in China for Q1
0. phoneArena 27 May 2013, 21:13 posted on
Samsung set a new record in China after selling 12.5 million smartphones in the first quarter; the Korean manufacturer outsold all other smartphone manufacturers in the country for the fifth consecutive quarter. During the January through March period, Sammy accounted for 18.5% of all smartphone sales in China which was a gain of 2.2 percentage points sequentially...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Kurai (unregistered)
soon the world will be infested with cheap plastic!
3. Whateverman (Posts: 3236; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Yes and we love it! You're gonna have to face facts, their devices are popular for a reason. If other OEMs added similar features maybe they would get these kinds of sales too. But till then Samsung is king.
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
But one of the fact is that Samsung is not going to be the king forever.
7. Whateverman (Posts: 3236; Member since: 17 May 2009)
That may be true, no one knows what the future holds. But no one else is putting out such a compelling product. HTC and LG are very close, Nokia has great hardware but the OS isn't very appealing, and the rest are in limbo. The only one that can dethrone Samsung right now is Samsung themselves. The S4 and Note 3 will get passes for now, but the next models will have to bring something new.
8. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
lg and htc are close? close to sucken you mean.
native chinese companies have a better chance than the companies you listed
11. Whateverman (Posts: 3236; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Idk, I really like the HTC One and the LG Optimus G Pro, but they aren't there just yet. HTC screwed things up just a bit with the two button configuration, and how does LG copy everything about the Note 2 except the S Pen? Other then that, those phones are both BEASTS!
But I agree with what you said about the China oems, it's just that they're never available here in the US.
13. chocolaking (Posts: 490; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I would ask samsung to stay out of china.
because they will lead to self destruction.
14. donfem (Posts: 572; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Nothing is king forever. Hating doesn't make Samsung any less king right now though.
4. ama3654 (Posts: 260; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
You forgot cheap soda cans too, think Coca-Cola!
9. joey_sfb (Posts: 3981; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I have used many brands of phone including my former favorite Nokia. Samsung win me over with products that meet my needs and after sales services that meet me expectations.
Unless they drop the ball otherwise I will keep buying Samsung.
10. hung2900 (Posts: 859; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
When I saw the photo of the article, I thought about Vietnamese flag, not Chinese flag