Samsung sets a 'Premiere' event for June 20, hinting at thin Android and Windows gear
0. phoneArena 27 May 2013, 07:04 posted on
There were rumors that the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 will come with Intel Atom processor inside, which didn't pan out, but now a June 20th event scheduled by Sammy itself, seems to add water to the proverbial mill...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Dual boot? Not gonna happen. I think two tablets.
17. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
20 June I think.
19. AnTuTu (Posts: 1578; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Asus has already done the dual boot tablet ---> Asus AIO
27. tigermcm (Posts: 851; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
yes but that behemoth is NOT a tablet, no way I'd lug that around
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
cant wait for it ^_^
10. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Nothing to be excited about. Say hi to more different sizes of Galaxy Tab and S4s with different names and slightly different specs.
20. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Then why troll the Samsung articles then? God I despise underdog mentality on Phone Arena, HTC/Sony blah blah blah...whatever. At least the latter has something to rely on other than mobile, like the PS4. HTC, been there, done that.
18. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Hey Wendy! How did your vacations went?
3. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Detachable touchscreen laptop, new Ativ phone (and Active phone), Galaxy Zoom.
5. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Hopefully Sprint will pick up the Ativ phone. They did promise us (their customers) that they will release a pair of Windows Phones this summer.
6. droidboy (Posts: 49; Member since: 25 Nov 2012)
Maybe a galaxy note 3? Either way I am pumped. A dual boot tablet/ laptop would be amazing!
8. HouTexan (Posts: 435; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
A tad too early for the announcement of the Note 3, my man. Expect that around August/September
7. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Intel Atom Cpu....? Could it be a Quadcore at 2.0Ghz? Hoping so!
21. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Just wish it would come with the Haswell already!
9. pyradark (Posts: 825; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Looks premium, hopefully its not ugly,
Please sammy impress us!!
11. selena1000 (Posts: 84; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
samsung why do u sh!t a new galaxy phone every month????
22. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Wow, so grown up and constructive. i wonder, how many of your pre-high school chums thumbed you up for that?
12. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Another day, another Galaxy with another Ativ. :)
16. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Not with another Ativ. Ativ is not from Galaxy line-up.
It should be "Another day, another Galaxy with Android."
28. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
You hypocrite SAMSUNG fans are so dumb. Whats wrong with my comment?
Samsung Ativ S is not from Galaxy line-up. I was just making him correct.
Galaxy line-up is based on Android platform.
15. cleatglitch (Posts: 64; Member since: 25 May 2013)
release the beast windows ativ s note with merrifield or xmm 7160 lte, which i would buy before a galaxy note 3
23. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Permitted MS doesn't restrict too much with what Samsung can do with a Windows Phone 8 based note 3, I'd be quite happy to take that over the original Android offering, also just wish Samsung would step up their Windows Phone 8 game. Imagine a Nokia phablet and a Note 3 laden with Windows 8 like software, dream come true from my favourite 2 OEMs.
25. rcrider4 (Posts: 118; Member since: 14 Nov 2011)
Well, it falls on my birthday. You better make this good Sammy ;)
29. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
They are releasing an Android tablet powered by Intel.
They are also debating whether or not to use a quad core silvermont in the upcoming Note 3.