Samsung set to announce Galaxy Gear 2 and Galaxy Band at MWC
0. phoneArena 27 Dec 2013, 14:34 posted on
Early on after the release of the Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch, we knew that the device was essentially a public beta product and the assumption was that Samsung would be releasing a new version of the hardware in early 2014. The best guess put the announcement around Mobile World Congress (MWC), scheduled for late February in Barcelona...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
I hope they don't *screw this up again
10. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3687; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Says someone who's never actually used one. I've never used one myself, but everyone I know (in real life, not on some internet forum where people constantly make things up) that has one says they love it or it eventually grew up them.
11. ph00ny (Posts: 1094; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Completely agree with you there. I actually like my gear quite a bit. I bought mine with an intention of returning it for pebble but that hasn't happened yet
18. joey_sfb (Posts: 5191; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Love mine too! I am interested in smart watches collecting them as hobby.
13. nctx77 (Posts: 1607; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Well, if the first gear was so great, they would not be coming out with the next one less than six months later.
15. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3687; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Instead of making a judgment on a device you've never used, try using one. I've never used one & I don't intend to, but I'm also not judging it.
16. willard12 (Posts: 1508; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Or, if it was so bad, they would discontinue the product.
3. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
For Sammy, always the concepts are more interesting than the real gadgets.
4. Gaurav008 (Posts: 327; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
I think they will do better this time around.
19. joey_sfb (Posts: 5191; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Great way to start a new year. Another year of ignorance.
6. twens (Posts: 947; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
what worse can Sammy do with the gear 2? is not like the gear 1 was horrible looking. The gear in real life is beautiful and it uses premium materials too. the gear 2 will upgrade in all areas of the current model so i don't see any messing up or screwing up.
7. Sauce (unregistered)
Always room for improvement with every device, which is the best part about technology. Look at the most basic of all: the lightbulb. As Samsung continues to expand it's horizons with great improvement to all products, I hope they put in a lot of effort to their watches. Yes, the other day I was complaining about the bulky design, but like I said, it will OBVIOUSLY become better every itteration.
All I can say is, I can't wait.
9. lalalaman (Posts: 623; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
band...WTH!!!...technology is going so fast...dont know how to love it or hate it :( :)
14. makio9 (Posts: 48; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
In typical Android fashion:
Galaxy Gear 2 announced before the first one is even compatible for 5 devices.
Now there is going to be firmware and compatibility issues flying around all over the place.
Now sure why the world accepted such a rubbish bit of business architecture.
17. SmartWatchForiPhone (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
Hopefully this Samsung smartwatch will be a huge improvement over the Galaxy Gear, as it was a rushed product that managed to disappoint most customers smartwatchforiphone.com/2013/12/31/samsung-galaxy-gear-2-galaxy-and-band-rumors/
20. rodneyB (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
I will get the gear 2 I'm a proud owner of a galaxy gear awesome with my note I wanted more out of my gear so I rooted it and placed a custom rom on it now I have live wallpapers Google play store Internet (it looks pretty cool to arm and dis arm your home from your watch lol) .Google now etc I love my watch don't know why people complain about it