Samsung sends out press invites for March 14: can you say Galaxy S IV?
0. phoneArena 25 Feb 2013, 02:48 posted on
Samsung’s own JK Shin confirmed just hours ago that the Galaxy S IV will indeed get officially unveiled in New York…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
36. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
i hope GSIV won't be there, so samsung will take time to fix exynos octa and put it on GSIV, i'd rather w8 and get octa than early with 600 :/
38. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You do know the Snapdragon 600 is no slouch when it comes to processing power right? I would rather see the Exynos 5 octa as well, but I'm fine with the 600.
49. alila2 (Posts: 157; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
it's good to be live stream, but i'm afraid they are going to introduce the S4 mini , the 4.3 incher instead and wait till they fix the heating problem on their exynos octa , then release the big daddy. Now , where i'm coming with this fear ??? if you guys look up there it said : Samsung Unpacked 2013 (Episode 1) , that mean there is (episode 2), the question is which episode to which Galaxy ????
50. alila2 (Posts: 157; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
about the SoLux display i found this comparison hope it help :
26. MrJerry (Posts: 403; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
Guys, J.K Shin said that
"We focused on the real values for users than the spec competition this time."
So lets not expect too much about its specs :(
44. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1236; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
i am so happy its happening...i just cant wait!
2. Hemoroid (Posts: 72; Member since: 13 Feb 2013)
Heard rumors Sammy in buying nokia for shutting it down. Pleas can you write more about it phone arena??
3. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
I hope there's some innovations in addition to pumping processors speed . fingers crossed :|
5. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
well looks like this is happening.
i just got goosebumps. o:
6. tiara6918 (Posts: 2042; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Isn't this a bit too soon? Anyways, let's see what this beast can do against xperia z and the one
19. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
How is it too soon? It's been 10 months since the GS3 came out, this is normal.
7. ravigill (Posts: 24; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
performance wise galaxy s4 and htc one will be winner as compared to xperia z....but i like xperia z
8. tech2 (Posts: 3462; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Please let it be Snapdragon 800 or Exynos Octa.
I am happy to hear about the new LCD they've decided to go with though.
39. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm a fan of Super AMOLED to the point where I don't think I can go back to LCD. Snapdragon 800 isn't due until the second half of the year btw.
43. ama3654 (Posts: 295; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
I second that, can't do LCD no way!, OLED is the future.
10. MartianMe (unregistered)
Relax boys and girls and don't get too exited cuz the phone won't be all that anyways....this year samsung won't be the top dog of the android phones, it doesn't have any of the specs that we like on a samsung high end phone...No AMOLED,no octa, same silly plastic design.....so disappointed.
11. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
1.9 GHz Snapdragon 600 (slight, SLIGHT chance of Exynos 5 Octa, if they fixed the overheating issues)
2-3 GB of RAM
1080p 5" S-AMOLED HD (non-Pentile) or SoLux
Android 4.2 out of the box with new and improved Touchwiz (maybe announced with 4.1 and 4.2 update shortly after launch)
2,500 mAh battery at the least
Matte polycarbonate with metal accents; maybe even Sammy will go with a unibody design for the first time in... Ever.
Can't wait. I'm interested to see SoLux displays, I've never heard of those before. Anyone kind enough to give me some information on them?
16. tiara6918 (Posts: 2042; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Me too, I've never heard of a SoLux display before, I wonder what it could be..
33. uvaman (Posts: 36; Member since: 14 Jan 2013)
SoLux displays have improved viewing angles, outdoor visibility, and color accuracy, compared to regular LCDs. HTC calls the display on the One Super LCD 3, so I am not sure if it’s a different tech or just a rebranding.
SoLux is the only lighting technology in the world able to replicate daylight and render products' colors the way they naturally appear -- images are sharper while colors are brighter and truer when viewed under natural daylight or SoLux. So i think that is backlight or something..
34. tiara6918 (Posts: 2042; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
So samsung is now moving to lcd and ditching amoled?
35. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Oh, so it's the lights they usually use at museums?
30. kobainez (Posts: 429; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I bet it will have 2gb of ram. Come and find me after it announced
31. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I'm iffy about it. I expect 2 GB of RAM, but 3 GB is a possibility.
13. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
the leaked boot screen who made the rumor of the not-Amoled for galaxy s4 contains wrong text logo..
the g in Samsung must be on top of the X in GALAXY not on the A :D
that was fake if im not mistaken