Samsung selling 1 million mobile devices daily
0. phoneArena 28 Oct 2013, 20:30 posted on
According to Samsung's executive vice president David Eun, the Korean based OEM is selling 1 million mobile devices each and every day. Eun pased along the word at the Samsung Developers Conference in San Francisco on Monday morning; this includes smartphones and tablets-everything mobile. Consider that the manufacturer is still reaping the benefits of selling the Samsung Galaxy S4...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. silencer271 (Posts: 149; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
lol unlikely? samsung is x10 the size of apple and sell more then just iphones its plausible.
21. ardent1 (Posts: 1991; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
You mean how Samsung has a 30% return rate on the Gear based on Best Buy data.
I understand Sansung sold a bunch of Gears, but the net sales is a better statistic.
22. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7361; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You don't get it... Sales of tablets + phones is over 1 million a day. You always have to find a con don't you?
24. ardent1 (Posts: 1991; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
It's mobile devices. Let's call a spade a spade. The Gear is a Samsung mobile device.
I am sorry if you can't handle facts.
33. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7361; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You still didn't get my point lol. Typical ardent.
26. skyline88 (Posts: 286; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
30% return rate out of...... 25 customers? seriously have u seen anyone wearing a smartwatch?
29. joey_sfb (Posts: 2560; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
since ardent1 bring up the subject on returning let hear what some iPhone 5s buyers has to say. Lol!
30. joey_sfb (Posts: 2560; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
'iOS 7 on the 5s was a bug-ridden mess. Apps crashed constantly, and the 5s was prone to random reboots. Reboots are rather inconvenient when you're speaking to someone on the phone.'
I am sorry if you can't handle facts - ardent1
34. jacko1977 (Posts: 382; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
23. androiphone20 (Posts: 1393; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Unfortunately for Samsung, software and services
have never been its strong suit, as the company
readily admits. It sometimes releases features that
don't work very well or are confusing to use.
28. taikucing (unregistered)
3. doubler86 (Posts: 317; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
Considering they sold 86 million last quarter, that sounds about right
4. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
I somehow doubt it. These figures sound as phoney as the iPhone 5s' sales volumes. Probably a large batch of their phones are sold off to corporate environments every day.
But then again they have released 50 odd devices this year, so if the figures were true it wouldn't be all that surprising.
10. Finalflash (Posts: 1441; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
This is easily possible, probably because they include a range of devices in the mobile phone market. If the S4 sold 40 million so far, imagine now many of their lower and mid tier handsets have sold in the last two quarters. Still, I am not for this kind of dominance, I want a more even spread for increased competition.
19. silencer271 (Posts: 149; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
why? They sell about a dozen different phones from dumb phones to smart phones they have a massive manufacturing arm.
7. hellonerds (Posts: 135; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
are we suppose to believe this? after all samsung got caught faking reviews........
8. chocolaking (Posts: 428; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Samsung = fake lies
and fan boys are just not that smart after all...
14. jacko1977 (Posts: 382; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
ur getting that confused with crapple sorry dude try again
27. skyline88 (Posts: 286; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
wow, i thought only hypocrite American companies like Apple gonna do that....
16. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7361; Member since: 14 May 2012)
This includes phones and tablets. Read the article before jumping to the comment section.
18. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 May 2013)
then what?? What will happen if you will believe this huh?? will it grow into 2million a day??
Just ignore them because nothing will happen..
9. Jason2k13 (Posts: 627; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
samsung is the biggest smartphone manufacturer selling low, mid or high end phones. They also sell tablets from low, mid and high end. Samsung caters to the poor and the rich... its obvious samsung is the only company right now that can sell 1 million devices daily.
13. ardent1 (Posts: 1991; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
1 million mobile devices per day is not a lot considering Samsung also sells basic phones.
15. Fruitpoop (Posts: 34; Member since: 27 Dec 2012)
Samsung sold about 400 million phones last year. Sounds about right to me.
17. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 May 2013)
i dont get how you people say that this is a lie?? These companies are releasing units sold figures at the end of the year or every quarter,, why would they lie about it if they cant substantiate it..
31. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
and nokia sells 7 millions in just 1 quarter i.e 3 months :D
samsung sells 90 millions in same :D
Samsung rules :D
32. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 213; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
You are comparing Nokia's Lumia figures with Samsung entire portfolio of Phones and tablets including feature phones. Good job.
35. jacko1977 (Posts: 382; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
its true i have 2 s4's and a note 3 and im thinking about another handset just hoping for a SD800 Active