Samsung seeks new trial, calling jury verdict "unreasonable and unsupported"
0. phoneArena 23 Sep 2012, 05:23 posted on
While Apple seeks more money from Samsung based on a filing made Friday, Samsung seeks to have a whole new trial after telling Judge Lucy Koh that the jury's original verdict, which awarded $1.05 billion to Apple, was unreasonable...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Apple can make the best products in the universe but until they maintain this sickening, arrogant, anti-competitive attitude, they will not have my respect and money.
21. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 13424; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
So you agree that Apple should allow Samsung to copy and steal their patented designs and tech? Samsung got popular because their devices looked too much like the iPhone. Look at Sammy's older Android phones and tell me that they look very familiar.
26. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
You just lie....easy proof: Galaxy Ace is much much similiar to iPhone and not so great sales like sgs2 ;)
So it is not about design it is about brainwashing of people like you and corruption of judges ;)
130. rf1975 (Posts: 258; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
It is not a proof dude. It is a evident that Samsung became success after copying apple. When you copy something you have to match its appearance as well as the grade. Galaxy Ace is low end device. by seeing the pixelated icon and text people never thing to hold that in the hand. That is why SGS 2 became success.
132. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yea, because the SGS3 looks loo much like an iphone..
You forget, Samsung was ALREADY one of the worlds largest phone makers when the SGS1 came out. They weren't exactly struggling.
27. frydaexiii (Posts: 1456; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
So you agree that Samsung should be allowed to sue anyone that makes a touchscreen phone with a screen and a button below? C'mon, that argument's old, it's been shown time and time again the first Galaxy S was based off Samsung's F700. It bared more resemblance to the F700 than the iPhone.
50. Galen20K (Posts: 541; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
You're absolutely correct, Apple ripped off and copied Samsung from the very begining starting with the F700 which was released to market before the iPhone. I think people should really read up on the subject before automatically handing an unfounded and wrong victory to Apple who is clearly the copier. http://www.idownloadblog.com/2
52. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Yes, the old, fat, QWERTY, resistive-screened feature phone that nobody heard of is the genesis, not the wildly popular iPhone. Makes sense.
61. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
popularity does not have anything to do with who was first.
Many "firsts" are not as popular as the copies that come after them.
31. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
There is no justice in the States, if it was in the UK Apple would'ev lost.
34. oister85 (Posts: 497; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
True I think the usa benefits alot from apple.
41. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
it's there home town, Apple will pay treple the amount of cash to acquire and patent which does not belong to them!
110. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Not by much, just store representative jobs, HQ jobs, and some call centers. They don't pay taxes, they don't manufacture anything here, and they do little for the U.S. economy due to the fact the money taken from device sales goes to offshore accounts.
87. GODLOVESAPPLE (Posts: 8; Member since: 23 Sep 2012)
Correction, there is more Justice in the US of A, I can't say never been bought or will never be bought Judges, but I wouldn't go as far as saying, "there is no justice in the States," you must be from the 3rd world, to say such ignoramus, & irresponsible comment.
"There is more Justice in the USA, why millions migrated to the USA year after year?"
1. to escape persecution from your 3rd world corrupted Judges, Politicians, etc.
2. life is better in the USA, more choices
I could go on and on...
113. archangel9 (Posts: 233; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
Unfortunately here Troll a bunch of corrupt judges and isheep judges and jurors at that.I believe this is how the Trayvon Martin trial gonna be
33. matrix_neo (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Tell us here that your beloved iphone never copied ideas and tech of other companies. Obviously your beloved iphone is a product of ideas and tech that other companies created. They just steal and patented it. To you it's ok for apple to copy and steal ideas, and worst is you still supporting this evil company. your argument is always lame and lot of assumptions, try to be realistic sometimes, you might end up like banned Taco.
35. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Mxy walks around in life with blinders on - if it ain't APPLE, it's copying.
40. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Samsung's success is not because how devices are looking it is all about specifications, OS and price.
42. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
And also freedom and finally cause it's LINUX.
49. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Why you are not talking about those cases where Apple is accused of having infringed patents ???
95. androidrockzz (Posts: 51; Member since: 04 Feb 2012)
2 days back apple was caught copying ideas from others, mainly the clock design and so on.
Apple needs money to spend for the cases upcoming against them from other companies..
IF THEY ARE IN NEED OF MONEY JUST ASK DIRECTLY TO SAMSUNG "PLEASE LEND US SOME MONEY" :-)
64. GUNDAM (Posts: 63; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
i agree that apple is a bunch of money grabbing whores who cant handle the competition and therefore tries to take them out in court :)
88. prakesh (Posts: 92; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
they are racist in sports entairment industries music etc. in politics in tech and many more
66. joseph98 (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
I didn't buy my Samsung galaxy note because it looks like apple product but simply because it offer a better product for my money and because of android OS. there are many Chinese made copycat iphone out there unleashed. They even listed its name as an iphone for less than $100 and apple never sue them simply because nobody wants Chinese iphone copycat that doesn't work. apple decided to go after Samsung because there products are really better than apple. Not because of the stupid shape that apple claim. I bought my knees an Ipad3 when it was released and I really regret it now. And BTW I never owned apple product and not planning too even if they invent the ibutt or icry.
71. garz_pa (Posts: 154; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Hondas and Fords and BMWs and Aston Martins all have four damn wheels. Pony and Chuck Taylor has the same designs. Nikes and Adidas have shoelaces. All refrigerators and washing machines and everything around you are similar to one another. BUT YOU DON'T HEAR THEM FILING F***ING PATENT INFRINGEMENTS.
112. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)