Samsung says "we will take all necessary measures to ensure the availability of our products" in the US
0. phoneArena posted on 28 Aug 2012, 08:34
What measures might be taken to work around such touchscreen operation stalwarts like double tap to zoom is not clear at this point, but Samsung is actually saying its other options are to file a motion against the injunction, or appeal from here to eternity any negative decision that Judge Koh has to come up with on September 20, when the ban is to be upheld or denied...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (limited) 4 days ago posted on 28 Aug 2012, 08:39 5 24
"we will take all necessary measures to ensure the availability of our products"
Simple!!! All you have to do is to just pay all the compensation to Apple :D
4. kartik4u98 posted on 28 Aug 2012, 08:46 5 21
Samsung is a copy cat...I love Apple!!!
Apple make great and revolutionary Products!!!
6. wendygarett (limited) 4 days ago posted on 28 Aug 2012, 08:50 0 6
Huh? Your avatar?
Why are you copy me to troll!!! :P
10. kartik4u98 posted on 28 Aug 2012, 09:03 3 12
Hey.. I am not copying you.
Just wanted to see that how many thumbs down I can get if I turn into an iFaN for one day!!
12. wendygarett (limited) 4 days ago posted on 28 Aug 2012, 09:07 9 3
Don't be an iFans my dear :) you will be brainwashed
40. kartik4u98 posted on 29 Aug 2012, 14:31 0 1
Holy Insane mannn.......
I've ne'er gOt 20 thumbs down since my PA entrance..
7. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 28 Aug 2012, 08:52 1 0
Paying is a must, and that will not stop the ban unless SS reach a deal with Apple which is extremely unlikely.
28. minteke posted on 28 Aug 2012, 12:27 0 0
Paying to racketeer?? They must find the way to fight back, no other options...
14. audiblenarcotic posted on 28 Aug 2012, 09:15 2 0
No it's not that simple. Apple wants the Money and they want the products banned. Its not one or the other.
36. ardent1 posted on 28 Aug 2012, 19:32 1 0
If you recall, Apple did approach Sasmsung to work out a deal. Samsung balked. Sometimes, you have to take the long and complicated road, and spend hundreds of millions in legal just to lose in court.
In the business world, they are starting to coin the term (aka a new buzz word): "They Samsung Way".
2. ibap posted on 28 Aug 2012, 08:44 7 0
Double tap to zoom? Is Apple going after Google, Mapquest and whoever else for double-click-to-zoom on Maps?
So what do we go to - triple tap?
34. ZayZay posted on 28 Aug 2012, 18:26 1 0
Touch and hold. Instead of coming up with options it will zoom in slowly until you let up and it stops zooming.
35. ZayZay posted on 28 Aug 2012, 18:29 2 0
or what if they used the front facing camera as the sensor, if you double tapped the air without actually coming in contact with the screen would that do the trick without Apple crying? Or even pinch the air in front of the camera with out once again touching the screen? eh? eh?
38. Droid_X_Doug posted on 28 Aug 2012, 21:07 2 0
It doesn't look like Sammy has too much to worry about - the date for the hearing on the injunction got moved to December, 2012. The court of appeals for the 9th circuit may enjoin any sales ban once they get Sammy's appeal brief, which will happen before the December, 2012 date.
Nothing like a slow roast for Apple. Guess which Sammy handsets will be EOL'd by December, 2012?
3. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 28 Aug 2012, 08:46 5 0
The ban of those phones will not help Apple though, but HTC and Motorola and other Android OEMs will be delighted.
5. asulect posted on 28 Aug 2012, 08:49 6 0
Why tap at all? Just use that face recognition technology and create move face closer to the phone to zoon.
9. cepcamba posted on 28 Aug 2012, 09:01 4 1
Nice idea man. how about wave your hand twice in-front of the sensor to zoom in, three times to zoom out, or something like that.
13. asulect posted on 28 Aug 2012, 09:12 4 1
Too much movements. I rather just use my eyeballs. Double blink to zoom. or move your lips to one side to turn pages.
20. RapidCat posted on 28 Aug 2012, 10:35 5 1
what about kiss to zoom
23. Vinayakn73 posted on 28 Aug 2012, 10:59 1 0
thank god those are only iBalls.
oh that mean if i want to read a long article and the time if i want to avoid zoom then i have to fix clip on my eyes for not to blink. god....................
24. Vinayakn73 posted on 28 Aug 2012, 11:05 1 0
what about tounge.
remove your tounge once to get zoom.
if you want more zoom keep it moving inside and out.
25. remixfa posted on 28 Aug 2012, 11:09 2 0
pucker and puff. Puff your cheeks to zoom out, pucker your lips to zoom in. Oh the fun we can have with this stuff.. lol.
31. Supermanz28 posted on 28 Aug 2012, 15:44 0 0
well if you read about S3 it has the feature to cehck your eye sight to no when to shut off the display, so the technology is there y not use it i meant he front camera should have more use than just pics n video chat theres an app to use rear camera to check heart rate those r the things we need to have innovated
32. jroc74 posted on 28 Aug 2012, 17:47 0 0
Press the 2 corners and zoom. Problem solved. Knowing Apple...they patented using 2 fingers to zoom any kind of way.
8. PAPINYC (limited) posted on 28 Aug 2012, 09:01 3 0
Samsung can remove "double-tap-to-zoom" for all I care; it's buggy anyway, especially on the Droid Charge. I would be just as happy using a magnifying glass or biFocals.
But, one thing I do know, lack of said feature (s) claimed as "iNfriNged" by Apple will never force me to buy another iPhone as long as I live! I would rather move to China and get a real Android smartphone than to be headlocked into wasting money on another iTurd.
11. ChangMin2012 posted on 28 Aug 2012, 09:07 3 0
Didn't Samsung have that awesome "hold two fingers then tilt" zoom for the E4GT?
At least that should be the android standard, even at my behest for the said company's infringement practices.
15. Mitchel posted on 28 Aug 2012, 09:15 0 0
Yes, it's one of the motion gestures on GS3 but it's not too convenient compared to pinch to zoom & double tap to zoom, but it's good.
16. ChangMin2012 posted on 28 Aug 2012, 09:18 0 0
pinch to zoom (or in my case Goatse zoom) is still neutral, better hope google copyrights that somehow.
29. iosmaster posted on 28 Aug 2012, 12:47 0 0
Nokias and some hp mobil computers on their track pad have a circular motion zoom in zoom out and it's really useful
18. xtian1103 posted on 28 Aug 2012, 10:15 1 1
even google saw this coming, problem is samsung is such a hard a$$ed son that doesn't care what his mother advices him. lesson.. listen to your mama!
19. androidornothing posted on 28 Aug 2012, 10:32 0 0
Well if Android loses double tap and pinch to zoom then i will just keep my GS3 and never upgrade. Lmaooooooooooo
26. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 28 Aug 2012, 11:46 0 0
Thank God for the mod community. Try stopping them, Apple.
22. xtremesv posted on 28 Aug 2012, 10:44 0 0
My Samsung Monte used a zooming feature I actually liked: you hold your finger on the screen and then you slide it up to zoom or down to unzoom, it's very convenient for one handed operation cause you only need one finger.
27. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 28 Aug 2012, 11:48 2 0
What happens when you need to scroll the screen, like on a website?
Two fingers, like how you use the tilt option in Google Maps might be a good substitute though.
33. jroc74 posted on 28 Aug 2012, 17:49 0 0
Samsung already have tilt the entire phone to zoom or pan.
This really isnt that big a deal. I know for one I didnt choose Android because it could pinch to zoom or double tap to zoom. I rarely even use both.