Samsung says its high standards caused delay of pebble blue Samsung Galaxy S III
0. phoneArena 29 May 2012, 05:32 posted on
Everyone had spoken up about the delay of the pebble blue Samsung Galaxy S III, that is everyone but the manufacturer; Samsung has finally released a statement saying that the problem was caused by Samsung's "high standards"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
White ftw .
Nobody likes the blue one anyway
13. e.wvu (unregistered)
You can't speak for everyone when you say nobody likes the blue one.
14. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i love the blue one. white is preppy crap.
41. Birds (Posts: 1150; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I agree too. I don't like the white one. Every phone has a white double but you seldom see a blue one, in that shade especially. I like it..
29. barondebxl (Posts: 121; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
Speak for yourself, the blue one is th best I think, unique.
32. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Think before you comment, kid!
2. dickwyn (Posts: 616; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Samsung should give something back to their customers
6. Ubi2447 (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
How about they just do their best to give you one of the highest rated and most anticipated handsets to come out this year.
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
im ready my popcorn and watch oneX's death :)
5. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 983; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
This will remain to be seen....I don't think the One X will just die. I can't wait to see how the CDMA reception, and GPS antenna's work
7. wendygarett (unregistered)
its because oneX is overpriced wher sgs3 is more affordable...
Plus 4.7inch screen is too small for me... And samoled still remain best compare to other
9. medicci37 (Posts: 1216; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
The One X is cheaper than the SGlll. & there is not much of a difference between a 4.7 & 4.8 inch screen.
15. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
size wise there isnt much real difference between the 2.
However, the SGS3 has superior horsepower, no video issues, better browser behavior, a bigger and removable battery, and a much better user experience with TW-Nature vs Sense 5.
the only actual advantage the OneX has is the nicer LCD2 screen.
30. barondebxl (Posts: 121; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
First time I agree with you. The only advantages the one x have vs the SGSIII are subjectives. What isn't subjective is how the S3 kicks the one x's ass in user experience and performance.
35. chadrick0814 (Posts: 208; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
The GS3 also has micro SD expansion unlike the One X.
50. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
better user experience? question have you even use both of the phone? More horsepower my ass, all the none GPU benchmark, the oneX is on par or better then the SGS3
53. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you never went towww.anandtech.com did you? quit trying to cherry pick your results to fit your arguements and look at the whole picture. The ONLY time the OneX keeps up at all is when its a Vsync frame limited test where they both hit the wall. Unlimited tests show the true power and just how far and away the mali performs over the adreno.
I have used Sense 5 quite a bit and have found it still laggy at times and with its bugs. Hopefully that will get fixed, but as it stands, they are there.
No i havent been able to use an SGS3 just yet, as they are not available in america (duh), so I am going by what the reviews say. And as far as I've seen, its been a pretty universal statement that the NatureUI is better than Sense5
65. medicci37 (Posts: 1216; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Yeah because if remixfa don't agree with the results they must be BS. Now your the 1 cherry picking. (Disregarding everything but anandtech results) (Although i'm sure you would rather be d*ck picking) I think you might be more comfortable on macrumors.
70. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
aww look if it isnt another troll to the party.
Anandtech ran the only full comparison with multiple tests and is a very trusted site for such things.
jee, i wonder why i trust a whole test suite from a trusted site, over a single test here and there on different sites.
8. medicci37 (Posts: 1216; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
2 bad they didn't do the same with the pentile screen. On a display that's almost 5 inches, pentile is very noticeable.
10. hung2900 (Posts: 919; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I have a Galaxy Note and my eyes feel hurt when I try to see the pixelization.
Samsung is doing a good job. Look how ppl complain about the quality of OneX (yellow spots or death pixels on the screen) on variety of forums.
16. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the only peeps that say its very noticeable are trolls that have never actually looked at one for themselves.
24. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Ive seen the galaxy nexus's similar yet dimmer super amoled HD screen and its gorgeous if you ask me, compared it with the One X at my local walmart att/tmo/verizon phone booth and i prefer the Super amo HD screen. Then again once you use one super amoled its hard to go back to LCD or IPS
33. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I have yet to see the LCD2 enhanced OneX, so I reserve judgement for it. The reviews for it have been extremely positive though.
I have seen quite a few galaxy nexus and Notes however, and they all look beautiful.
45. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Don't get me wrong the LCD2 is GORGEOUS but I prefer the oversaturated beauty of amoled
51. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
like you have? Have you even own or use one of the two phone for more then a couple of minute?
66. medicci37 (Posts: 1216; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
I have a nexus with the same screen, & higher ppi than sglll. Thats what I based my comments on. Stop remixing the truth to fit your lies. (like Apple) Your ego is so big it's laughable(in a sad pathetic kinda way) But you are the biggest Troll on PA. What you lack in facts, you make up 4 in volume.(unfortunately for us)Even the people who work at PA don't spend as much time on here as you.(While you are supposed to be working. )That's why tmobile's customer service sucks so bad. If you spent as much time doin your job as you do on here, profits would be much higher. Pointing out your BS does not make someone a troll. When you try debating with someone other than taco, your BS is pretty transparent.
72. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
oooh, look at you getting personal. i must have struck a nerve.
26. ph00ny (Posts: 989; Member since: 26 May 2011)
scroll down to the middle where screen comparisons are posted between various devices
Here is a good example of your so called pixelation
oh wait is that more crisp detail i see on the note than the s2?
42. Birds (Posts: 1150; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Lol you obviously have never played with the Galaxy Nexus. Even on the Samsung focus flash which has a ppi of 250, you cant discern pixels. You made a "Stupid" all over this article. Too bad you can't fix your mess...
11. GuiltyBystander (Posts: 199; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Yea, whatever... I want a black S3.
12. medicci37 (Posts: 1216; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Sorry to hear about your vision. But I have a nexus with 4.65 inch pentile (which is smaller, with higher ppi) & I can see the difference. Also, blacks are one thing that amoleds usually do well. But looks awful on pentile. Keep seeing white mixed in with the black. Even PA has said pixilization is noticeable on the SGlll. & knowing that Samsung has real hd, rgb amoled screens, they didn't use, doesn't help.
17. baldilocks (Posts: 705; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
I have 20/10 vision and I can't see pixelization. I think you are making it up in your head.
60. tedkord (Posts: 9005; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Why? I had 20/13 until a few years ago. Last year, I was measured at 20/18.
20/20 just means you can see average clarity at 20 feet. So, 20/10 just means you can see at 20 feet what someone with 20/20 sees at 10 feet.
18. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
actually, they said people that dont stick their nose to their phone wont notice it in most any situation.
I use the older lower PPI pentile in the SGS1 and it looks beautiful. Either your set is defective or your full of crap.
25. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I used the sgs1 4g on tmobile and it was gorgeous. use the e4gt super amo+ on 4.5 with only 217 ppi and still gorgeous.
19. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
Switching from a GS2 to a Gnex for a day, I saw pixellation, mostly in text that I remember. The 720p screen may be sharper but a PLUS screen is smoother and therefore you cant find jaggies.
Hopefully this new PenTile on the GS3 is actually better like Samsung say's because I don't want to NOT want the new model just because I'm used to RGB.
22. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
one day isnt long enough. before the end of the week you wont ever see the difference. it only stands in stark contrast when your eyes are used to one thing then switch to another. Given more than a few hours, if it even takes that long, your eyes will trick you and you will stop "seeing" the differences.
28. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
You're probably right. With both phones side-by-side or readily accessible, I'll always see the difference. I'm sure I'll get over it with the 3 though.
21. ph00ny (Posts: 989; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Blacks are mixed in with white?
You do understand that black means the pixel is turned off right?
31. medicci37 (Posts: 1216; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
No sh*t. I don't know why the screen is like that, but it is. I have had several people say the same thing about my phone. & Remixfa, you all full of sht. Every prediction you made about the sell was way off (quad core with Lte support, rgb hd screen, 2gigs of ram ect. ect.) & you yourself were always whining about pentile...Until Scamsum put it in the sglll. If apple had done the same with the iphone you would have your panties in a bunch. But because you already had your mind made up about the sglll, you can't or wont admit it has flaws. Btw this is my third nexus & they all have bs screens.
36. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
can you find proof of all those predictions please?
And the exynos quad is LTE capable, just not American LTE capable. That was a distinction that I was hoping would be corrected with the new chip, but was not.
When have I whined about pentile or said it was getting 2gig of ram? I use a pentile now in my SGS1 and its beautiful. Ive been a pretty ardent defender of pentile for that very reason.
medicci, your full of s**t. period.
39. medicci37 (Posts: 1216; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
I have rhe kind of job where i actually have to do work at work. will respond to all your bs later. But obviously, when people talk about lte enabled processors, they are referring to the US. & at first you say, Its hardly noticable in any situation. Unless I stick my nose in it. Then when that's proven to be BS, you go with "before the end of the week you wont notice the difference" "your eyes will trick you and you will stop seeing the differences" You really do need to get a job with Apple. You have already mastered their BS double talk.
46. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
1) obviously not, since youve been replying all morning
2) really, america is the only LTE country out there?
3) that was meant from coming from a large RGB screen to a Pentile one. Anything you may notice initially will eventually fade away as your eyes get used to the differences. People coming from "not high end" screens wont ever notice the difference.
your still full of shyt. :)
63. medicci37 (Posts: 1216; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Your full of d*ck. You just can't deal with the truth. Whenever you get called on your lies (which happens frequently) You start with the "your full of sh*t BS. Thats just pathetic.
74. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
your just full of shyt. :)
54. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
You the one to talk about all your BS. You would say thye benchmark of the SGS3 was going to blow out the T3 and the S4. You two favorite one antutu and nenamark slow that they are pretty much even.
73. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the ONLY benchmarks that show they are even are the Vsync limited frame capped test where they all max the test out. Nice try though. The uncapped tests show just how far and away the mali400 is compared to the T3 and the S4
20. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
You need a microscope to see the pixel in HD SAMOLED or SLCD so stop complaining, if you wanted a perfection in everything make your own smartphone.
27. sonisoe (Posts: 401; Member since: 06 May 2009)
hmmmm. am thinking of waiting for the 2nd wave shipment ie. 3-4 months from now... seems everything is being rushed, and i dont want to have any issues like last year's sgs2 yellowish display like sony xperia s....
34. MeoCao (unregistered)
The tactics from the book: turning defense into attack, making a flaw look like a virtue. LOL
37. medicci37 (Posts: 1216; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Some of you Fandroids are as bad as the Apple fanboys. & remixfa, you are wasting your talents at tmobile. With your logic, you would make a great edition 2 Apples legal team. Btw I guarantee when the sglll is launched, you will see plenty of articles about the sub par screen. & there will be many phones launched this year with better specs. As far as hardware. The sglll doesn't have anything that's not already available in other phones. S4 Processor,Pentile screen, 8mp camera,1gig of ram ect. Samsung is doin the same thing you whine about apple doin. But when the sglll was announced, all the fanboys got moist between the legs. WTF ?
47. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
u need to wise up before continually calling me out
1) i only got "hot n bothered" by the exynos version. Im not so hot n bothered by the S4 version and it puts me on the fence about getting one since its another crapdragon downgrade. I skipped the SGS2 for the same reason. The American version is the same as everyone else. The rest of the world gets the version thats better than everyone.
2) thanks, i know im talented. :)
3) if we were going to see articles about it's subpar screen, they would have been out by now as many major sites have already gotten review units. What I'd bet money you will see is a bunch of super happy users writing glowing reviews of the screen, since they wont be sticking a magnifying glass up to it.
4) apple enlarged the screen, upped the resolution, nearly doubled the horsepower, reworked the UI, added tons of features, and improved nearly every facet of the phone when they went from the i4 to i4s???? REALLY?? I must have missed that launch.
55. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Look at the SGS to SGS2 not much of a different beside the dual core and the different screen tech. No one features in the change between the SGS to SGS2
57. ph00ny (Posts: 989; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Galaxy S to Galaxy SII
Single Core A8 Hummingbird to Dual Core A9 Exynos
512MB to 1GB RAM
Pentile WVGA to RGB WVGA
5MP to 8MP camera
720p to 1080p video capture
Various software addons including motion gestures and Kies Air
Galaxy SII to Galaxy SII
Dual Core A9 Exynos to Quad Core A9 Exynos
RGB WVGA to Pentile HD
New 8MP camera sensor
GLONASS and Barometer addons
Various software addons including NFS/wifi file transfer capability (s-voice doesn't count since Sii came with customized vlingo as well)
Both iteration had pretty substantial changes
whereas iP4 to iP4s
Single Core A8 to Dual Core A9
New 8MP camera sensor