Samsung says Jelly Bean coming "very soon" to Samsung Galaxy S III and Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1
0. phoneArena 29 Aug 2012, 19:16 posted on
During Samsung's Unpacked event in Berlin, the Korean based manufacturer took time out from the constant new product announcements to say a couple of words about some already released devices; the OEM said the Samsung Galaxy S III and Samsiung GALAXY Note 10.1 will soon get Android 4.1...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. hung2900 (Posts: 790; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Jelly Bean on Note 2 is brilliant. *ucking quick and smooth transition effect.
I hope JB'll bring the similar effect to S3 and Note 10.1
16. iWorld (Posts: 85; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I am a galaxy s2 user still running GB. I will never buy samsung products
19. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
That is the spirit.
What is the point in all those new Android versions if only one of fifty users gets it?
20. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3992; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The point is, blame Samsung. It's their fault. It also has to do with the carrier, but mainly it's Samsung. If you want updates, get a Nexus. Never trust a non-Nexus device to get timely updates.
22. frydaexiii (Posts: 1231; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
How can your S2 still be running GB unless you opted not to upgrade? If I'm not wrong all Galaxy S2s have been upped to ICS.
24. frydaexiii (Posts: 1231; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Which model? Which American variant? The international version has been upgraded and has almost completed rolling out everywhere. Either that or you're in a far off country that Samsung forgot about.
26. wendygarett (unregistered)
Some model is using the tegra 2 chip instead of exynos... That version has no updates...
31. frydaexiii (Posts: 1231; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Yeah, what IamYourFather said, that's a budget Galaxy S2 the Galaxy R and is a totally different model altogether.
27. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
4.0.3 on my dad's Asian galaxy s2 .
Asian one have TI Omap CPU vs exynos on the European one
36. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
You know USA isnt the center of the world, there are other versions in other countries too...ignorance...
And ya, Canada is a very far off country. Also all SIM free versions will be the last to get it.
Pretty sure the verizon version doesnt have ICS either.
32. mad5870 (Posts: 59; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I have a epic 4g touch (sprint variant) and I'm running the official relase of fh13 wich is android 4.0.4 so the update is out and can be updated via kies.
37. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
So..does that mean every version has it?
25. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Quick and smooth transitin effects ? Erm droid razr ?
29. dickwyn (Posts: 593; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Galaxy Note Confirmed Getting The Jellybean Update. Official Statement From Samsunghttp://megapowertech.blogspot.
39. jakson0100 (Posts: 27; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I just got my Galaxy S3 on Verizon last month..Im hearing JB on S3 by the end of the August Finally i got the news update
2. KickRocks (Posts: 108; Member since: 22 Mar 2011)
Lets hope we see jb on the us versions of the s3 before years end. That would make me happy :)
3. ayephoner (Posts: 836; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
and to the verizon galaxy nexus???
this phone is pure snake oil. all sizzle, no steak.
5. bantheiphonedotcom (banned) (Posts: 28; Member since: 24 Aug 2012)
You are going to love JB.
8. androidornothing (Posts: 143; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
GS3 with JB will be awesome. It will be faster than any phone out there.
10. Cerberusa2a (Posts: 33; Member since: 24 May 2012)
I creamed myself when JB came out for the Asus tf300...I might just explode when it comes to the galaxy s3. Can't wait!
12. e.wvu (unregistered)
This must be the reason why I received a malfunctioned iPhone 4S yesterday. Just returned it and will be getting a GSIII in return. Can't believe I bought an iPhone! Lol.
13. guamzson (Posts: 8; Member since: 05 Jan 2011)
@E.wvu... dont worry i did the same thing... you will love it make sure you get the tech-tiles too research them if you dont know what they are but they will make you happy you have nfc on your phone... also the new pop up play on the phone is the main reason why i got it...
18. e.wvu (unregistered)
Great to hear! I was going to order the SII at first, but for some idiotic reason I decided to order the 4S. Should've listened to my first instincts. But sounds like some great features!
17. henrickrw (Posts: 404; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Just flas westcrips resurrection remix on your gs2 and you will have jelly bean.
21. devonblue4u (Posts: 40; Member since: 12 Apr 2011)
I've got 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on all 4 of my 'Droids
SGH-I717 Galaxy Note LTE(ParanoidAdroid), GT-N7000 Note GSM(ParanoidAdroid), Asus TF-101 Transformer (RaymanFX) and an original GT-I9000M Galaxy (RemICS-JB). If I had to wait for Samsung, I'd be real grumpy by now.
33. jbjr43 (Posts: 48; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
I wonder how long the VZW SGS3 owners are gonna have to wait after the initial release. My guess is 2-3 months.