Samsung says Jelly Bean coming "very soon" to Samsung Galaxy S III and Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1
0. phoneArena posted on 29 Aug 2012, 19:16
During Samsung's Unpacked event in Berlin, the Korean based manufacturer took time out from the constant new product announcements to say a couple of words about some already released devices; the OEM said the Samsung Galaxy S III and Samsiung GALAXY Note 10.1 will soon get Android 4.1...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. hung2900 posted on 29 Aug 2012, 19:21 8 0
Jelly Bean on Note 2 is brilliant. *ucking quick and smooth transition effect.
I hope JB'll bring the similar effect to S3 and Note 10.1
16. iWorld posted on 29 Aug 2012, 22:56 4 3
I am a galaxy s2 user still running GB. I will never buy samsung products
19. TheLibertine posted on 29 Aug 2012, 23:32 2 6
That is the spirit.
What is the point in all those new Android versions if only one of fifty users gets it?
20. Berzerk000 posted on 29 Aug 2012, 23:50 2 0
The point is, blame Samsung. It's their fault. It also has to do with the carrier, but mainly it's Samsung. If you want updates, get a Nexus. Never trust a non-Nexus device to get timely updates.
22. frydaexiii posted on 30 Aug 2012, 00:02 1 0
How can your S2 still be running GB unless you opted not to upgrade? If I'm not wrong all Galaxy S2s have been upped to ICS.
23. Mario1017 posted on 30 Aug 2012, 00:11 1 0
no they have not.
24. frydaexiii posted on 30 Aug 2012, 00:28 1 0
Which model? Which American variant? The international version has been upgraded and has almost completed rolling out everywhere. Either that or you're in a far off country that Samsung forgot about.
26. wendygarett posted on 30 Aug 2012, 00:42 0 0
Some model is using the tegra 2 chip instead of exynos... That version has no updates...
28. IamYourFather6657 posted on 30 Aug 2012, 00:46 2 0
Wendy : that's a galaxy r
31. frydaexiii posted on 30 Aug 2012, 05:57 0 0
Yeah, what IamYourFather said, that's a budget Galaxy S2 the Galaxy R and is a totally different model altogether.
38. Mario1017 posted on 30 Aug 2012, 20:32 0 0
no version has the tegra 2..
27. IamYourFather6657 posted on 30 Aug 2012, 00:42 0 0
4.0.3 on my dad's Asian galaxy s2 .
Asian one have TI Omap CPU vs exynos on the European one
36. Mario1017 posted on 30 Aug 2012, 20:23 0 0
You know USA isnt the center of the world, there are other versions in other countries too...ignorance...
And ya, Canada is a very far off country. Also all SIM free versions will be the last to get it.
Pretty sure the verizon version doesnt have ICS either.
32. mad5870 posted on 30 Aug 2012, 06:52 0 0
I have a epic 4g touch (sprint variant) and I'm running the official relase of fh13 wich is android 4.0.4 so the update is out and can be updated via kies.
37. Mario1017 posted on 30 Aug 2012, 20:24 0 0
So..does that mean every version has it?
25. IamYourFather6657 posted on 30 Aug 2012, 00:41 0 0
Quick and smooth transitin effects ? Erm droid razr ?
29. dickwyn posted on 30 Aug 2012, 01:35 0 0
Galaxy Note Confirmed Getting The Jellybean Update. Official Statement From Samsunghttp://megapowertech.blogspot.
39. jakson0100 posted on 01 Sep 2012, 05:29 0 0
I just got my Galaxy S3 on Verizon last month..Im hearing JB on S3 by the end of the August Finally i got the news update
2. KickRocks posted on 29 Aug 2012, 19:24 0 0
Lets hope we see jb on the us versions of the s3 before years end. That would make me happy :)
3. ayephoner posted on 29 Aug 2012, 19:26 1 8
and to the verizon galaxy nexus???
this phone is pure snake oil. all sizzle, no steak.
8. androidornothing posted on 29 Aug 2012, 20:19 1 0
GS3 with JB will be awesome. It will be faster than any phone out there.
10. Cerberusa2a posted on 29 Aug 2012, 21:15 1 0
I creamed myself when JB came out for the Asus tf300...I might just explode when it comes to the galaxy s3. Can't wait!
12. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 29 Aug 2012, 21:55 2 0
This must be the reason why I received a malfunctioned iPhone 4S yesterday. Just returned it and will be getting a GSIII in return. Can't believe I bought an iPhone! Lol.
13. guamzson posted on 29 Aug 2012, 22:25 1 0
@E.wvu... dont worry i did the same thing... you will love it make sure you get the tech-tiles too research them if you dont know what they are but they will make you happy you have nfc on your phone... also the new pop up play on the phone is the main reason why i got it...
18. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 29 Aug 2012, 23:21 0 0
Great to hear! I was going to order the SII at first, but for some idiotic reason I decided to order the 4S. Should've listened to my first instincts. But sounds like some great features!
17. henrickrw posted on 29 Aug 2012, 23:00 0 0
Just flas westcrips resurrection remix on your gs2 and you will have jelly bean.
21. devonblue4u posted on 29 Aug 2012, 23:52 0 0
I've got 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on all 4 of my 'Droids
SGH-I717 Galaxy Note LTE(ParanoidAdroid), GT-N7000 Note GSM(ParanoidAdroid), Asus TF-101 Transformer (RaymanFX) and an original GT-I9000M Galaxy (RemICS-JB). If I had to wait for Samsung, I'd be real grumpy by now.
33. jbjr43 posted on 30 Aug 2012, 08:42 0 0
I wonder how long the VZW SGS3 owners are gonna have to wait after the initial release. My guess is 2-3 months.