Samsung says Apple stole some of its technology for the Apple iPhone
0. phoneArena 25 Jul 2012, 10:57 posted on
On Tuesday, it was revealed that Apple filed a motion in court seeking $2.525 billion from Samsung and valued the Korean manufacturer's patents at less than half a cent; Samsung's filing attacks Apple ands says that without stealing Samsung technology, not one Apple iPhone would ever had been sold...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
16. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Live and let live... Apple iPhones and Google Android should both exist, geeeez
20. Aeires (unregistered)
+1 for the article, Alan. Thank you.
I was beginning to get a good feeling until judge Koh was mentioned. This will indeed be her moment of glory or moment of shame, depending on what evidence she lets into the court room. If Samsung is right, Apple better get that $100 billion vault open, Samsung's collection team will be on their way for a withdrawal.
21. p0rkguy (Posts: 684; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Apple would likely lose over half its vault considering every Apple product has some sort of Samsung logo in it.
23. Connie B (Posts: 31; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)
Both Apple and Samsung stole the look and feel of their handsets from the LG Prada. I still have the original LG Prada, and the Iphone is almost an exact copy of it, only slightly bigger.
This is an excerpt from the way that Steve Jobs and Apple operate:
26. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
LG is now an APPLE supplier and needs money, so they will not sue, and maybe made a deal with apple already.
25. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I wonder -did Apple alos patent THEFT?
27. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Nope! That's the one thing they kind of invented themselves.
29. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Someone or entity has to stop this nonsense - it is something like this that hurts innovation - meanwhile, Android users will be seeing quad core 2.0 Ghz 2GB ram phones in 2012/2013...
31. darkkjedii (Posts: 14701; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Tim cook and samsungs CEO need to just step into the ring on ppv and squash this beef. The loser must withdraw all lawsuits, and say rubber baby buggy bumpers 7 times real fast.
37. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
they need to revive Celebrity Death Match and put those guys up against each other.. have some fun with it. :)
and at the end, goog/moto, HTC and the rest jump in and start dog piling the crap out of Apple for bullying them all individually.
45. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Holy s**t I forgot all about Celebrity Death Match... thank you for reminding me haha
86. darkkjedii (Posts: 14701; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'd buy that ppv event. Tim cooks a country boy though, so he mite kick a lil ass lol.
35. ph00ny (Posts: 661; Member since: 26 May 2011)
You guys should check out Slashgear's take on this. They've actually provided better summary and illustration on this
36. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
its about damn time samsung started firing back hard. They've been around way too long to not have real ammo to fire at Apple.
Unlike apple, they have been mostly trying to play nice.
50. chris_t610 (Posts: 14; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Oh come on!!! Samsung made this technology 20 years ago??? As far as mobile phones are concerned, Sammy has only made strides when Android showed up as a mobile platform. It is very evident that Samsung HAS BEEN COPYING other manufacturers since the post Nokia (internal antennae, full graphics display) and Motorola (clamshell) era.
I now have a Galaxy tab 7.7 that I mistaken the charging port to fit with my iPhone's as they are very similar in shape and design -- geez, get real Sammy!!!
53. dmn666 (Posts: 209; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
LOL. Faboys forgot how Samsung ripped off Motorola, Nokia, etc for ages. Moto, Nokia, Ericsson pushed the envelope over those years.
There is no one single thing Samsung brought to the table first.
Now Samsung is claiming to be the inventor of smartphone tech. I lol'd so hard after reading that. I think they just beat even the KIRF makers in the shamelessness race.
56. Gaurav008 (Posts: 294; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
more of an emotional outbrust from Samsug....feel sorry for them
58. Shino (banned) (Posts: 196; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Buahahaha! The thief shouts: - Catch the thief! Pathetic!
61. Dion25 (Posts: 42; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
Interesting. Samsung says Apple is using thier components which have patents but how is Apple getting these components to start with???
62. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Samsung was sucking milk at childs bed when Motorola & Nokia & Ericson
did all the mobile inventing. I can count several Samsuck devices which are
direct clones from famous and successful Nokia phones.
At time when those biggies were making 1st mobile phones. Korean people
were throwing rocks between south and north side of the land. When someone
hit another, they didin't use phones, but screamed loud.
Samsung is a thief
70. ankrul2004 (Posts: 16; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Is it just me or does it seem as though Motorola is primed to capture more market share after the chips fall in this patent war?
72. calfonso1278 (Posts: 5; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
For everybody out there ! !!
Companies's Innovation should be measure by the number of patents own !!! Right ???
Please check the top list of companies with more US patents own !!! Check this report from Business Insider's Website.
1st Place -IBM: 70,715 US patents
2nd Place -Samsung: 47,855 U.S. patents
15th Place -Apple: 4,649 US patents.
Remember that on the Iphones around 25% of components are provided by Samsung !!!!
Samsung is the King of Innovation in the Smartphone Industry!!!!!
74. schecter7 (Posts: 99; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
FAIL, dude. Number of patents doesn't say a sh*t about innovations. Google has 1000 patents and they are way more innovative than s**tsung will ever be.
78. Dion25 (Posts: 42; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
Samsung is a huge company. They compete in many areas like Cell Phones, computers, Tv's, home appliances, clothing, they own the licensing rights to many of the famous clothing brands like Levi's, True Religion, Coogi, and many more so I'm sure those patents are spread over everything.
80. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Finally Samsung Speaks up, Apple is s**t without Samsung, IYF Apple! :))
83. guildsa654 (Posts: 27; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
But seriously, why did Samsung haven't said it before????? O_O
84. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
here you go ifans... Samsung started to kick back "apple's" ass...
Samsung is right.... Samsung designed its "star" range of phones(which almost looks like iPhone) before apple's iPhone was released.... Samsung made a mistake by not patenting its products...
90. calfonso1278 (Posts: 5; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
Check Who is the real Copycat and Technology Thief !!!!