Samsung 's mobile profits rose 52% year-over-year in Q2
0. phoneArena 25 Jul 2013, 22:29 posted on
After estimating its second quarter earnings earlier in the month, Samsung posted its official results for the the period on Thursday evening; profits at the Korean based manufacturer's largest profit contributor, the mobile business, rose 52% year-over-year to 6.28 trillion won for the second quarter ($5.7 billion USD), but dropped 3.5% sequentially from Q1...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3714; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
"Samsung owns this space. Period." -Richard Yarrell
3. AnTuTu (Posts: 1578; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Awesomeness Sammy :) hats off to you and your products what you have bought to the market over the last couple of years.
I hope you'd do even great with your design phase 3.
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 19740; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
LMAOOOOO Yarrell still clowns on some other sites bro. Dude is straight sprung on Samsung.
10. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3714; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Oh, I know. Gotta love the guy's passion. He's one of my favorites. Wouldn't quote him otherwise.
11. joey_sfb (Posts: 5339; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Hope they would release their tablet devices with full HD display for their upcoming series.
12. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3714; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I agree. Samsung needs to up their tablet game. The Tab 3 series sucks & the Note series doesn't stand out aside from the S-Pen. The Nexus 10 is an awesome device, but that technically doesn't count under their portfolio.
4. 1113douglas (Posts: 193; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
If the note 3 is the first phone witn a flexible display. Samsung will do amazing in q3.
14. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Note 3 its still plastic but atleast the screen won't break.
21. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Please, let the iPhone Lite be real so this stupidity about plastic can finally end.
22. tedkord (Posts: 10233; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
It won't. You already see iFans saying that Apple's plastic phone will be premium plastic.
5. Jklaz (Posts: 159; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
if the note 3 pans out to be as great as we hope.. then watch out
6. SakuroAkino (banned) (Posts: 141; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
thats good news
note 3 will make it
13. number29 (Posts: 185; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
I really hope Samsung uses some of it's money to build a better OS for their devices. If there's one thing letting Samsung down at the minute, it's their reliance and use of Android.
15. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Samsung is usuing a lot of that money on Tizen.
16. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
but still the results on tizen is disappointing. shows that money differs when it come to genius and innovation...
20. number29 (Posts: 185; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
That's true, and I hope they spend a lot of time and effort polishing Tizen to Apple levels of quality. I'm looking forward to seeing if it can match or exceed iOS.
24. ph00ny (Posts: 1165; Member since: 26 May 2011)
They're not using as much dough on tizen as they are doing with rest of the electronic division
18. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3714; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Thinking for the customers, so Sammy won their hearts and gained profits.
19. Sondae (Posts: 277; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
Well with all the samsung phone line ups from High end to midrange then to low end phone for the costumer who doesnt raise the profit. I hope they dont forget there costumer and the updates in fixing bugs on there phone in the future.
23. Loubielou (Posts: 501; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Samsung seem to have learned an solved Nokias faults with there phones,thats why they have taken the Top position away from Nokia in the Mobile Market,an just need to Improve there Support more to keep them in this position,as the updates for phones seem to be to slow,but just can"t wait to See what the Galaxy S5 will offer an Galaxy Note as Well,Even just bought a New Samsung Smart TV an its Truelly Brilliant,Thanks Samsung