Samsung rolls out 4.1 Jelly Bean update to Galaxy Note, S II in March, Ace 2 in April
0. phoneArena 01 Feb 2013, 09:44 posted on
Samsung has revealed its update schedule for existing Android smartphones, and the Galaxy Note and Galaxy S II will both get the 4.1 Jelly Bean update in March…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6950; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Looking very good Samsung. Keep up the updates
8. AmitMajumder (Posts: 131; Member since: 21 May 2012)
The picture says that Jelly bean to Galaxy Note is coming on 01.03.2012. Haha LOL. 2012
24. Topcat488 (Posts: 1182; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
The update dates, are listed in the European setting... Where the day, month, and then year is written. I'm American, but have lived here in Germany since 1982. Oh i see now... it says 2012... LOL
2. Rexperia (Posts: 107; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
hmmm... this is exactly what SONY would do to their xperia 2012 updates. so where is the sammy boy who always saying that SONY always being late for updating their xperia...
18. urtard (banned) (Posts: 82; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
Sony? Updates? Pick one and only one
3. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4154; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Maybe my T-Mobile S2 will get JB in May/June. That would make the wait for July when the Razr X gets launched much more bearable.
30. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I couldn't wait that long, so I flashed custom JB ROM on it already. Was thinking I'm going to get data soon, will have to get the device ready for tethering so the babies could watch their Dinosaur Train and Go Diego Go on Netflix with their tablets when we go out...
31. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4154; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I had CM10 running on it before, but one day it just died and wouldn't boot up. I got it replaced and now I'm running Nova Launcher, it helps, but Touchwiz (old Touchwiz, not the Nature UX) is still my weakness.
4. 9gag1 (Posts: 3; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)
Wait a minute, I thought that 4.1.2 update already came out for galaxy s2?
5. flower99 (banned) (Posts: 54; Member since: 18 Nov 2012)
in your dream, thats the update for spain.
The ics update of galaxy s2 announced at march and yet my mom receive it at november. Scamsung update device fast only on paper, in real life, scamsung keep delay and delay the update just to create hype
12. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Which version your Mom is using i9100 or i9100g ? The GAME version will get it later . Mine is a G
15. ph00ny (Posts: 622; Member since: 26 May 2011)
which region and carrier device is this? Just because ICS gets announced/released for one region/carrier doesn't mean it applies to the rest. (If you really wanted to, you could have just changed the region code and downloaded without much of an issue)
19. urtard (banned) (Posts: 82; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
Those update schedules are for Ukraine only.
6. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
so no doubt the note will get the update sometime in the late summer. WE WERE PROMISED THE UPDATE WOULD ARRIVE BEFORE THE END OF 2012!!!!
7. skymitch89 (Posts: 1169; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
I just hope that it isn't too much later after March 3 that the US variants get updated to JB.n I'm thinking about upgrading to it and would love it if it were to get "the latest and greatest" (I know that 4.1.2 isn't the latest, but it is one of the latest for the GS2.)
9. draconic1991 (Posts: 183; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
s advance is getting it in feb according to the samsung schedule posted here....the author wrote april...please correct it..
32. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 357; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
yup i thought it would be release in March....Thank God
10. draconic1991 (Posts: 183; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Oh and the people at phonearena could also write about s3's premium suite (4.1.2) realeased today..
13. Topcat488 (Posts: 1182; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Uhmmm, I'm starting to have doubts about Sammy update of the Note... It's the 3rd time now that it was pushed back, it's the same as strike three to me... Don't make me change my avatar, cos the xPhone from Moto is coming with "on time updates". :/ You hear me Sammy boy.
16. DigitalMD (Posts: 226; Member since: 17 Feb 2010)
HAhaha, Moto is renowned for never updating their phones and their locked bootloaders. Never buy Moto
23. Topcat488 (Posts: 1182; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I could care less what Moto was known for before Google bought it... It's a new Sheriff in town, and it's name is xPhone!!! Never say never DigitalMD, cos you might find yourself praising Moto again down the road. I'm for updates on time, or Samsung should simply, not promise it.
34. johnnh (Posts: 37; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
I have my razr hd (international version) with unlocked bootloader on jelly bean 4.1.2. Who has 4.2 yet? Some chinese manufacturers. I love the almost stock android, smartactions and the build quality. Last week I've got to the sea with my phone on my hand and it didn't have any problem. I even had to spill a glass of water on purpose to my phone because a girl I was hanging out with didn't believed the water repellent capabilities. The kevlar is so cool and never gets scratched, so then I see all those gs3 with cases and I ask to myself why would someone design a phone to use it with a case or extra cover?
14. remyrz (Posts: 193; Member since: 28 Oct 2010)
GSII.. updated or not.. i'll keep you in my pocket.. updates are free :D, no money for newbie phones
17. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
unfortunately kies is a piece of crap and I won't be able to enjoy this update. Thank the lord for XDA
21. doody (Posts: 14; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
What the freaking HELL! Every time I find a story about SII finally getting this update it's another 2 months away. I bet they are scheduling it so everyone who bought the original SII when it came out in the states, there contract is now up before this releases so you opt to buy a new phone instead of finding out how much better the SII runs with Jelly Bean. I almost feel like rooting again, but every rom I have tried all had issues one way or another, Stock is the only one that worked right.
I guess I'll get a new phone and update my GSII in November.
22. haseebzahid (Posts: 1844; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i remember someone trolling of wp7.8 articles that it sucks updates comes 6 months latter which technically is 100% false wp updates rools out in 2 months max but this article shocked me jellybean is out for more then 8 months now i guess and officially still phones are in Que hahhaaaaa what a jAckAsS that troll was that guy doesnt even know what happens in his own ground
25. Valdomero (Posts: 127; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
I flashed the Spain Jelly Bean of GS2 yesterday and everything went fine except a SIM card detection problem, I don't know what I did wrong, I purchased my GT-I9100 factory unlocked and it worked fine, yet this update made my phone virtually useless without wi-fi
33. Samsomesh (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
And what about galaxy s duos.!. When the update is coming..