Samsung reveals all devices that will get Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update
The update brings first and foremost Project Butter, the almost magical Google tweak that brings buttery smooth lag-free experience, but Samsung is also bringing its own TouchWiz flavor update. For instance, in PopUp Play, the feature where you can play a video while doing something else, you’ll be able to adjust the size of the video window.
The release date is soon, but nothing more specific.
And we are honestly impressed as even Samsung’s most affordable handsets like the Galaxy Mini II are getting bumped up. More advanced phones like last year’s Galaxy S II and mid-rangers like the Ace 2 and the unique pico projector-laden are all there as well. Check out the full list below:
- Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
- Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
- Galaxy Note 10.1
- Galaxy S II
- Galaxy Note
- Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
- Galaxy S Advance
- Galaxy S II LTE
- Galaxy Music
- Galaxy Chat
- Galaxy Ace 2
- Galaxy Beam
- Galaxy Ace Plus
- Galaxy Mini II
- Galaxy S DUOS
One notable omission in this list is the original 10.1-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab which is obviously at the end of its update cycle and 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich was its last stop.
But apart from that one device, this seems like a very, very solid update lineup for Samsung, don’t you think?
source: Samsung via SlashGear
7. frydaexiii posted on 24 Sep 2012, 07:00 26 1
Really? You expect Samsung to update a phone that can't even run ICS to Jelly Bean?
15. neutralguy posted on 24 Sep 2012, 07:40 6 2
sup sheldon cooper who can't identify a simple sarcasm?
19. frydaexiii posted on 24 Sep 2012, 07:58 3 2
No, a simple sarcasm would be "Where's my Galaxy S?".
The Galaxy Y is a relatively new budget model, thus, many believe that new = constant updates. I've seen comment on Samsung's FB page on why the Y isn't being updated. So yeah.
23. neutralguy posted on 24 Sep 2012, 08:05 0 0
Hahaha. You sure you're not really sheldon cooper? I don't even get why you would want to argue with my sarcastic comment.
28. chemhaz posted on 24 Sep 2012, 08:23 2 0
Im running CM10 on my old SGS and all seems to be going well, I update it weekly to the latest nightly build.
35. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 24 Sep 2012, 10:23 0 0
very impressive sammy
64. salic posted on 30 Sep 2012, 11:36 0 0
Why isn't my Samsung Moment on there :( lol
58. AppleHateBoy posted on 25 Sep 2012, 23:39 0 0
59. AppleHateBoy posted on 25 Sep 2012, 23:42 0 0
18. TROLL posted on 24 Sep 2012, 07:57 2 0
There are custom Roms for the Galaxy, just Root it.
24. neutralguy posted on 24 Sep 2012, 08:06 2 0
Did it already :D using the fake JB rom though with Holo launcher. :D
20. Nikolas.Oliver posted on 24 Sep 2012, 07:58 4 0
LOWLLLLLL I LAUGHED SO HARD AFTER I READ THIS COMMENT
Where's my nokia 3310 ?
best comment ever
3. CommentBoxEnforcer posted on 24 Sep 2012, 06:46 8 2
I am finally typing this on a jelly beaned Verizon galaxy nexus
4. QWIKSTRIKE posted on 24 Sep 2012, 06:48 1 0
Carriers really f things up with bull s**t versions to dumb down phone capabilities with their own versions. Most carrier intervening comes from wanting to control what you can, or can't do with devices that you already have paid for to try to nickle and dime your for services, like tethering.
Before they found that you can block tethering to make money on it it was free in the early 2000's. Now that feature is dumbed down.lol
6. anywherehome posted on 24 Sep 2012, 06:55 8 0
samsung, you must be JOKING by dropping the best HW tablet Tab 7.7!!!!!!
37. matrix_neo posted on 24 Sep 2012, 12:01 2 0
So sad after reading the article, my galaxy tab 7.7 wasn't included also. Why Samsung? I chose 7.7 than tab 2 coz of it's hardware and super amoled plus display.
8. snowgator posted on 24 Sep 2012, 07:09 1 0
Never expected my daughters Captivate Glide to get it, but allowed a little hope as I read how a couple of mid-range to receive it. Oh well. She will survive.
This is a great list. Inclusive, a great range of devices, and shows Samsung is truly working to support their world wide customer base. I would never hesitate to buy a Samsung.
10. AFnerdTP posted on 24 Sep 2012, 07:18 2 0
no 7.7!! sad.... this means i'll have to go searching for some stable build of jb
11. rihel_95 posted on 24 Sep 2012, 07:20 0 0
Plz Sammy, my Galaxy Ace S5830i loves Jelly Bean.. Need it! Plz dont let us down.
14. AndrewRamirez posted on 24 Sep 2012, 07:32 5 0
They'll update the Galaxy Ace Plus...... even the Galaxy Mini II, which is a low-end phone...
But what about the GALAXY W, which is FAR MORE HIGH-SPECCED than those phones?!?
Thank you Samsung for your awesome customer support, really. :|
25. lallolu posted on 24 Sep 2012, 08:16 1 0
What about Galaxy TAB 8.9? Why is there no support for this Tablet even though it has the best Tab size currently?
26. dbparipsa posted on 24 Sep 2012, 08:18 3 0
Oh Samsung! I am so happy with you. I had decided to start a thermonuclear war against you via facebook and twitter for slow or no updates for the recent devices. But now I have already started loving you back again. And this, you went a level further than other android phone makers by making the list even more complete and comprehensive!
After a very long time I felt that Sammy is really showing its responsibility towards its loyal customers who made it the largest phone maker in the world!
29. skymitch89 posted on 24 Sep 2012, 08:52 1 0
And let's hope that it doesn't take 6-12 months to update. I have to admit that Samsung is getting a little better at updating to newer versions of Android than before, but then again Motorola is slowing down.
30. papita posted on 24 Sep 2012, 08:53 1 0
What! The Galaxy Tab 10.1 will not recieve the jellybean update.!!!!!?Im so f**kin mad right noww...,*(
31. maryaaadil posted on 24 Sep 2012, 08:55 0 0
this is why i bought my samsung galaxy s3 and galaxy note.
33. JKING_25 posted on 24 Sep 2012, 10:04 0 0
My friends! I have sprint. So I will never recieve this update for my GS2.
41. Non_Sequitur posted on 24 Sep 2012, 14:28 0 0
I have the Sprint version, too. Ugh.
I'm gonna wait until the AOKP JB is ironed out more, install CWM, and install it through CWM.
44. lsutigers posted on 24 Sep 2012, 17:28 0 0
The Galaxy SII is on the list, why wouldn't Sprint's version be updated to JB? They have the best version of the GSII in the US.
45. Non_Sequitur posted on 24 Sep 2012, 18:00 0 0
No, it's just that Sprint took a really long time to update the SII to ICS, and a lot of people (not me, I love it) had complaints with ICS.
55. JKING_25 posted on 25 Sep 2012, 08:00 0 0
I am one of these people. After I finally recieved my upgrade, my phones battery life has been horrible and now I am constantly dropping calls.
56. Non_Sequitur posted on 25 Sep 2012, 14:14 0 0
There's a leaked OTA that fixes some of the bugs. You can flash it through Odin, I think. It may or may not help you.
My phone works great, but it's not as stable as it used to be. Still love it though.
61. JKING_25 posted on 26 Sep 2012, 06:31 0 0
Thank you. I actually recieved the OTA update and my problem was not resloved. I appreciate the advice.
62. Non_Sequitur posted on 26 Sep 2012, 14:09 0 0
No prob, man.
If you really want great results, wait for the AOSP JB ROM or CM10 to get ironed out and then flash it.
39. madtrexx posted on 24 Sep 2012, 13:01 0 3
PhoneArena you wrote: "Of course, the flagship Galaxy S III is the first to get JB starting today in some European countries." thats not true, not in some countries, only in one country, in Poland. So write it right or maybe u like to lie to ppl.
40. yassir5505 posted on 24 Sep 2012, 14:18 0 0
if samsung removed touchwiz the galaxy s 4g can get jellybean but they r a holes =(
43. PauloLisbon posted on 24 Sep 2012, 16:11 0 0
This proves that Galaxy W is the “ugly duck” for Samsung, but it´s a pity because W it´s a very good phone, fast processor, very good screen image (great videos), has everything you need and just the right size for practical use . Thank´s PA for your review for W.
47. wie155 posted on 24 Sep 2012, 19:27 0 0
Both galaxy ace plus and galaxy mini 2 have 512 ram, but those device will get jelly bean. What about galaxy s and galaxy w ?
48. Owlet posted on 24 Sep 2012, 20:02 0 0
I just CAN'T FREEKING BELIEVE Galaxy Tab 10.1 won't get updated!!!!! Can you tell how disappointed I am yet? :*(
49. Forsaken77 posted on 24 Sep 2012, 21:26 0 0
I'm going to assume that the Skyrocket will get updated even though it's not specifically mentioned here. They mention the GS2 & the GS2 LTE. The GS2 SKYROCKET is LTE and is basically a smaller Note 1,and that's getting updated as well. If they don't update it I'll be PISSED!!! I got to experience JB on my Nexus 7 but would love to see that level of performance on my phone.
50. Nadr1212 posted on 24 Sep 2012, 23:03 0 0
YYEEESSS!!!!! I may be getting a a galaxy note 10.1 and this update should make it more UP to DATE!
Hah get it? I'll take that as a yes, soo.... YESS!!!
52. XaErO posted on 25 Sep 2012, 03:32 0 0
Awesome ! Awesome !! Awesome !!!
so the rumours are true around : Galaxy S Advance and Galaxy Ace 2 ..
Waiting for an update roll-out date for all these ..
53. Samsomesh posted on 25 Sep 2012, 03:54 0 0
Well job..I thought ace 2 will not see ics but now it will run jelly bean..im happy..well job..and affordable devices are also updated that's better job.!im waiting for sony update list.!