Samsung renames the Galaxy K zoom before launching it in Korea, calls it Galaxy Zoom2
0. phoneArena 11 Jun 2014, 23:24 posted on
The Galaxy Zoom2 will be released by Samsung in its home country this Friday. It will cost around $680 there...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. maherk (Posts: 2352; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
It was a strange move to not name it Zoom 2 in the first place. Still a much better device than its predecessor, more compact, and improves in every single spec found on the original Zoom. What I would love is for Samsung to offer the Pro Sugget app in their Store, if not then i hope someone will get it ported to the S5.
5. breathlesstao (Posts: 78; Member since: 16 Apr 2010)
I agree, I've been wondering where the heck did K Zoom came from anyway, why not S5 Zoom, similarly to the previous one...
2. fzacek (Posts: 2465; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Hopefully it will be called Zoom 2 and not Zoom2. Because that kind of stuff bothers me...
3. OldNorseBruin (Posts: 225; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
It looks like big, landline, cordless telephone...BUT hey, the more designs produced by SAMSUNG, LG, MOTOROLA, HTC, & Sony the better...helps to lower prices and forces innovation...
4. gigaraga (Posts: 1426; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Samsung renamed it Samsung Galaxy Zoom 2 because in Korea there is already a handset called Galaxy 'K', which was similar to the Galaxy S back in 2010 (had a 3.7" screen instead), and that they didn't want to confuse the consumers. That's why it isn't called the Galaxy K Zoom in Korea. But outside Korea, there isn't a Galaxy K so it can be called 'K Zoom' with no worries.
6. imej88 (unregistered)
Samsung, please stop confusing people with your ever-changing names!
9. hassoups (Posts: 462; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
K zoom changed to zoom 2.. I'm so confused.. Where am i?? What is this? What is the purpose of life?
11. imej88 (unregistered)
@hassoups I am not applying only to K zoom. Their tablets and some of the smartphones' names are misleading too. Just my opinion. Why so serious?lol...
8. amiaq (Posts: 503; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
huhh!!.. scared of running out of alphabets, samsung ??
10. shuaibhere (Posts: 1927; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
There is no need for them to be scared...
They have numbers to deal with...
12. RandomUsername (Posts: 780; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
What, Samsung phone being sold by LG???