Samsung releases its own Tizen wearable SDK
1. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
What exactly is Tizen? An OS for wearables?
6. Tizen007 (Posts: 575; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
An operating system like any other you know. They can't just jump into the Smartphone OS market after seeing their Bada OS failure so Sammy and the Linux Foundation is starting small with these wearables. Later this year, Tizen will be applied to Smart TV's and other household appliances. Some NX cameras already are Tizen running.
11. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
interesting. I like that they are trying out new things.
4. rd_nest (Posts: 1389; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Come back when you can actually buy 'Wear' devices in the store near you. I have heard a lot about Glass too in last 1 year. Still a vapourware product.
5. alaw.14 (Posts: 226; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
u do realize android wear is just an os for smart watch, its not an actual smartwatch or was you trying to say that android wear is better than tizen on the galaxy gear ???
7. rd_nest (Posts: 1389; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
It's simple really, until you have a product on the store for consumers, a product is vapourware. I will wait till we have product that I can purchase running Wear.
3. rd_nest (Posts: 1389; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
@Phonearena: Obviously the SDK *only* supports Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo. This is beacuse Gear Fit doesn't run Tizen, it runs on a RTOS. And you can't have standalone independent apps for Gear Fit.