Samsung releases ICS update source code for Galaxy S II
0. phoneArena 20 Mar 2012, 21:46 posted on
Source code is for modders what chum is to sharks, and Samsung is stirring up the waters in the Samsung Galaxy S II community with the source code for the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update. The update...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
yay, hopefully this means I'll get ICS on my at&t gs2 soon! The touchwiz skin for ics looks so disappointing.
2. solidsnakeduds013 (Posts: 218; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
Rooting! Is the options for Gs2 owners here in America once the code is released
35. remixfa (Posts: 14226; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I would be surprised if the ATT SGS2 didnt get it soon since its pretty much an untouched i9100.. however i have my doubts about the crapdragon enhanced Hercules/Skyrocket/Note american carrier variants. Maybe by xmas? ugh. Maybe samsung is finally getting better with the updates.. one can only hope.
27. pongkie (Posts: 506; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
i hope this fixes my random reboot problem
31. redmd (Posts: 935; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I'm a but disappointed at the skin. Still feels like gingerbread.
32. redmd (Posts: 935; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I'm a bit disappointed at the skin. Still feels like gingerbread.
33. Retro-touch (Posts: 265; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
That's Samsung for ya they couldn't update the touchwiz just a bit more and give users something to be happy about , like a touchwiz 4.5 since 5 is being saved for GS3. What's with the moderators at PA ban this individual spamming articles with hate speech already????
34. hobble (Posts: 130; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
I've been running cm9 on my i777 for a couple months now. It's based off the 9100 version of ics. It'll be great now that the kernel source will be out so I can overclock it and undervolt it as well :D