Samsung rejects Facebook phone pitch, 'watchers' claim it's Google fear
0. phoneArena 19 Jun 2013, 10:04 posted on
Yesterday, we heard reports that Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg had a meeting with Samsung mobile unit chief Shin Jong-kyun while on a tour of Asia. The reports have said that Zuck was trying to convince Samsung to partner with Facebook to develop a Facebook Home device like the failed HTC First...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. roldefol (Posts: 4106; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
BS. Facebook phones are just a losing proposition. Samsung made the right decision.
2. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I also think that Samsung made the right decision, Facebook would ruin Samsung's reputation.
3. roldefol (Posts: 4106; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Michael, I want to thumbs-up this entire article. Your dispatching of the purported Samsung-Google rivalry is spot-on.
5. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2701; Member since: 26 May 2011)
This comment is a good thumbs-up. You may also want to share the link (just a suggestion).
8. ZeroCide (Posts: 770; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
There may still be a rialry. They may have just said that to get the Facebook camp off their back.
10. roldefol (Posts: 4106; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
As Michael suggested though, the potential rivalry would be Android vs. Tizen, not Samsung vs. Google vs. Facebook.
4. ryq24 (Posts: 696; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Facebook should approach Lenovo or hwawei or zte or other Chinese mobile phone maker. They are more than willing to make an fb phone. And they should sell it first on Asian market before bringing it the US.
6. lorenzattractor (Posts: 68; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Or maybe Facebook should just give up on making this facebook phone. It's already been proven countless times that nobody wants it.
7. jibraihimi (Posts: 755; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Zuckerberg, should steal some more ideas from his friends, to continue the success of FB,.......
9. applesauce (banned) (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
Facebook should focus on improving its apps and website reliability while introducing actually USEFUL features than trying to make yet another failed phone. HTC ChaCha, Salsa, Status, and now the First. All more or less failures.
First useful feature I'd like them to introduce would be the posts in the news feed collapsing automatically after they've been scrolled past, so then you don't have a huge page open, and doesn't use a device's power/memory trying to remember all the data above where the user is interacting.
11. joey_sfb (Posts: 5415; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Samsung may have plan to launch their own mobile OS or just stick to Android as it work very well for them.
12. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
LMAO Samsung turn them down. no ONE wants a crappy FB phone. plus the last two sucks and never sold that many units. FB should just give up n go back on their social site instead of trying so hard making a ugly looking phone