Samsung reducing its Galaxy S4 parts order for next quarter by a third
0. phoneArena 13 Jun 2013, 02:59 posted on
The sources confirmed once again that Samsung has issued order forecasts on the lower range for this quarter, 20-25 million instead of 25 million firm, and has lowered the forecast for next quarter from 30 million units down to 20 million...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MrJerry (Posts: 399; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
The main reason for this are Galaxy s3 and Note2 and upcoming Note3
3. _Bone_ (Posts: 2142; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Yup, all selling well still. And by the time the Note 3 is out, S4 price will drop a bit. Sammy won't sell less smartphones, but less original S4s and more of the other flagships.
17. CellieCell (Posts: 91; Member since: 14 Apr 2010)
i just got my s4 at Costco for150 on T-Mobile. :)
6. andro. (Posts: 1974; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I find the galaxy s3 has stopped selling. People are taking the galaxy express as a free phone option or the s4 if they want to pay a bit of money when going on contract.
10. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
I'm still waiting for the note 3..
15. lallolu (Posts: 259; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
S3 4G is now really well priced in Sweden. I just got one.
I believe the sales of S3 that is still in full swing is affecting s4 sales.
2. Andrewtst (Posts: 393; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
S4 is never as famous as S III already. Refreshing is important.
5. joey_sfb (Posts: 3508; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Well it's either s4 or HTC one. Only Apple fans would buy 2008 tech and yet overpriced iPhone.
7. andro. (Posts: 1974; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
You hit the nail on the head there,most carriers have the iPhone 4 8gb for free on contract and that's the model therr are all going for. The iPhone 5 is selling quite slower than expected,due to high price and the new charging adapter has really put off a lot of customers. Myself and staff are still puzzled how anyone could sign up to a 2 year contract for an iPhone 4 which is now bordering on 3 years old but there's no talking to ifans. Most perhaps will tell their peers it's actually an iPhone 4s and get away with it
8. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Can't say I didn't see this coming. Competition has almost caught up. And the competition is no longer about having the biggest and the fastest or anything.
9. Cha7520 (Posts: 217; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)
Good job HTC! Good way of getting the Best Cell phone for 2013 and making an impact against Samsung!
11. maxican16 (Posts: 364; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Lots of other factors are involved too, especially from other Samsung products. But definitely credit to HTC for the One. Great looking phone and better optimized than the S4 by all the accounts I see and read on the internet.
12. adolert15 (Posts: 27; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Well, if Samsung reconsider no release 3 variants of the same phone, the story could be other.
13. verbalize (Posts: 94; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Lol. Already reducing by a 1/3. Wow... What a big Disappointment for Samsung. They have way too many options for phones where that's going to hurt them in the long run. I don't blame the sales are low because the Samsung S4 is a below par Phone.
14. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
You know, that HTC One shipping was 1.2 mill for more than a month and shipping it's flat now , and S4 was 10x times more for the same time. And sell good.
So, HTC One didn't make any impact on S4 sale.
Besides only iboys can buy this apple-ish sealed tin can. So Apple is the one that should worry about the 'huge" HTC One sale. Right?
16. amats69 (Posts: 1137; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
And now, the end is near.....
And so Sammy Fanboys face the final curtain....
Sammy Fanboys. I'll say it clear,
Not all the time, that U will be happy... LMAO