Samsung projecting it made $8.33B in profit in Q2
0. phoneArena 04 Jul 2013, 21:40 posted on
Q2 looks to be a record breaking quarter for Samsung, and we expect that Q2 will continue to be a big quarter for the Korean company, because that's when the new Galaxy S comes out, and a new Galaxy S phone is basically like printing money for Samsung. The official numbers don't come until the end of the month, but early projections from Samsung are saying that the official report could see a record $8.33 billion in profit for Q2...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Profit wise, but they will continue to release many phones on an open OS.
3. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
soon Samsung will make a profit as big as Apple.
5. Topcat488 (Posts: 1232; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
To this, we have to just call out analysts on being ridiculous. it should be expected since they aren't working with real numbers but estimations based on other estimations.
I agree with Michael H. 100%.
6. SprintGuy26 (Posts: 66; Member since: 21 Mar 2011)
love the picture they used...watching futurama right now!
7. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 904; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
This is excellent!They are still headed for a record quarter! :)
8. tedkord (Posts: 7227; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Whether its Apple or Samsung, the stock market has zero connection to reality. It's 100% speculation based.
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 15272; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Ted as a the non fanboy you are, you as well as I know Sammy fanboys will never buy that. Somehow they think they're part of this Samsung wolfpack, cuz they have a Sammy device. Their only interest, and knowledge in the stock market is seeing if apples or Sammy's gained or lost.
9. Jason2k13 (Posts: 844; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Those analysts are useless, they create bad publicity and create more fanboys. I remember when they said samsung was losing profit and marketshare, then all the fanboys believed it and laughed at samsung. When in reality, samsung is earning more profit in 2013 compared to 2012.
11. livyatan (Posts: 867; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
8.3 Billion is actually MORE THAN APPLE will post, (I excpect 7,5 billion for them)
Still, both companies are raking in an unprecedented amounts of cash, and ridiculously enough , both see their share prices go down.
Don't those idiotic analysts know the first thing about the world??
GROWTH CAN'T BE LIMITLESS