Samsung president confirms the Galaxy Gear smartwatch will be unveiled on September 4
0. phoneArena 27 Aug 2013, 05:28 posted on
As it often happens with Samsung products, a high-ranking executive from the company has confirmed to the media that a certain device is indeed going to be announced very soon. In this case, it's the Galaxy Gear smartwatch, as Samsung Mobile VP, Lee Young-hee, has informed the KoreaTimes that the intriguing device will see the light of day on September 4 - just before the official start of the IFA 2013 expo, which is going to take place in Berlin...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. HeWhoDoesNothing (Posts: 157; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
This will be the biggest date to go down in history. lol
10. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
coz ur gonna mature that date...?
19. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1363; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Cause of a smart watch thats been done so many times by so many other. And some done it so well that its selling greatly like the pebble smart watch? Its not the date first iphone was announced and its not the day first ipod was announced. Samsung will bring note 3 and a smart watch. Great news but nothing that will be remembered down the road in 5 years.
25. PunyPoop (Posts: 752; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
This article is a joke right? It looks like a TAMAGOCHI!
2. papss (unregistered)
Ugh.. I hope it doesn't look like that and I hope Ss doesn't make it cheap looking with hyper glaze
4. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3696; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Compact S4 on the wrist... What another S4 version??? LOL...
Bring it on Sammy...
22. jacko1977 (Posts: 428; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
S4 Wrist Watch Companion (i would buy that)
5. garlic456 (Posts: 251; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
The little S4 looks so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (I'll buy it if they make it $50 or something :D)
12. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
ya it will $50 on contract....:D
21. jacko1977 (Posts: 428; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
i was thinking the same thing when i saw the pic lol
6. isaias (Posts: 13; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
I think I will upgrade my Sony smartwatch to this one.
8. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
i can not believe it will end up looking like that. How on earth does samsung stay in business, it's as mind boggling as apple. Literally a s4 for your wrist.. what is the world coming to
13. monkeytown (Posts: 125; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
hope you´re joking...cuz the pic is -.-
15. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3684; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
It's called a mockup, guy. Perhaps you've heard of them? That looks like an S4 for your wrist because it's a shrunken down version of one. There are no pics of the Galaxy Gear.
23. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3684; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Thank you for saying what I actually wanted to say.
18. iampayne (Posts: 322; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Even though this was a dumb comment I wouldn't be surprised for it to turn out like a phone on your wrist lol
27. McLTE (Posts: 804; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I'd rather it look like this, than the gawd awful renders that PA has been showing lately. Those are HORRIBLE.
I really hope it's fairly streamlined, rectangular in shape and looks like a WATCH.
9. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
wow... waiting for the "Galaxy smartwatch NOTE"...
17. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
A new tangible shiny target for thieves to identify you as a potential victim.
On a side note.
Wonder how well it sheds its heat other then through your skin/blood.
20. zombiewolf115 (Posts: 38; Member since: 16 Jul 2013)
i rather wait to see googles on smartwatch. i dont want my watch to be covered by ugly touchwiz
28. McLTE (Posts: 804; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Have you even used touchwiz?
I used to be a pure google... purist. Give me plain, unmodified Android or nothing!
Since I got my Note 2 however, that's changed. I actually find that I like the touchwiz modifications quite a bit, at least many of them. I like the mms app, the dialer is good, and their implementation of contacts as well. I also like how the samsung calendar is.. FAR FAR better than what Google has.
I rooted my Note 2 and tried vanilla Android - I was surprised that I had to go back to touchwiz!
30. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3684; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
How big do you want it to be?! It's a watch, not a phone.