Samsung presents the evolution of its phone displays in new infographic
0. phoneArena 25 Dec 2013, 08:45 posted on
The infographic ends with the Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung Galaxy Note 3, both of which come with 1080p Super AMOLED displays...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. hackmanhtc1 (Posts: 12; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Next display will be 2560×1440 for those who dont know..
2. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Anybody has information if S5 is going to have Amoled display? I've heard it will have, but I've also read that it will have lcd display.
4. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
i really hope Samsung would use SLCD 4 in the GS5, i've always been a Super AMOLED fan, but when i got my HTC One... the Screen is just AMAZING !!!
8. xoxoGeorges (Posts: 209; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
I've just got a Lumia 925 and I couldn't disagree more.
18. roozbeh101 (Posts: 93; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)
which one uses less battery resource?! LED panel is better in this aspect!
14. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
This is a good place for you.. Not on WP/Nokia related articles.........
20. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Be more less-fanboyinsm buddy, you will earn some respect from other people.
9. sniper1087 (Posts: 506; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
nah color reproduction is off and brightness output is not that high, SLCD 3 was one of the best next to IPS, we will see next year on the new gen displays.
12. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Note 3 has one of the brightest displays in market, if you don't know. And although colours are not as realistic as IPS, vividness and deep blacks forgive it.
15. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Actually, the display on my 1520 is better than any current Samsung display.. But, for all I know it's probably made by Samsung.. Lol❕❕
21. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
I don't usually agree with you, but at the moment 1520 has best phone display.
33. MANGUELPR (unregistered)
Samsung doesnt make any IPS Display for Smartphones Phablets my friend, probably the 1520 display is made by LG who is the only one making those beautiful displays atm.
34. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Well, whoever made the display should be proud.
40. adecvat (Posts: 266; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Lumia 1520 has poor sunlight contrast ratio. Worse than many others.
19. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
LG's IPS smartphone displays are the best IMO.
5. remtothemax (Posts: 260; Member since: 02 May 2012)
i'm not commenting on the relative awesomeness of the note 3, but i feel like if you are going to have a timeline of landmark displays, wouldn't it be rather important to include the original note? it kind of launched the whole phablet thing everyone is obsessed over. i remember all the editorials questioning why samsung had made such an oddly shaped device and predicting that no one would want something so awkwardly large as a phone. i would argue that the og note is significantly more important than the note 3, even though the note 3 is arguably one of the most perfect handsets on the market today.
10. sniper1087 (Posts: 506; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
I used the note 3 and never thought was a perfect smartphone, far from it if the phone stutters then it is not the perfect smartphone. There are other options with better value out there that out perform the note 3, like the Xperia Z1, the nexus 5, moto x, just to name a few and yes compared them side by side and you can tell the difference.
11. Damitel (Posts: 66; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Listen to yourself... Sad that you couldn't be sincere to yourself. Help yourself buddy.
17. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I agree with you, my friend... I choose the 1520
37. nasznjoka (Posts: 400; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
Rodney was born with a small nokia phone in his lil hands if you don't know iHaveno....
35. AntiFanBoyz (unregistered)
My Note 3 never stutters. I would have looked at the Nexus 5, but the battery life is sooo behind the times. Note 3 battery is a beast.
39. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Android doesn't actually stutter so much anymore. I tested my friends S3 Mini and I have to say that it was slow, but not laggy.
6. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
glaxy s3's display is worst than any other 720p screens
13. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
I think that GS3 display is very good. Remember, it's 2012 phone.
23. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
I remember htc one x and iphone 5 has far better display than s3
28. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
And they are only 720p phones of 2012?
16. roozbeh101 (Posts: 93; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)
and itoy fanboys brag about apples revolutions !
22. MarkArigayo (Posts: 240; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
AMOLED vs LCD, which is the best?
Of course, they have their own strength and weakness compared to one another, depend on your daily use.
I own Samsung Galaxy S3, Note 2 (both are AMOLEDs) and LG G2 (IPS LCD).
My experience, AMOLED is the best display for video playback and viewing photos whereas G2's LCD is more pleasant for web browsing.
Colors represented on the G2's True IPS technology looks so realistic and more energy-saving compared to Samsung's GS3. But in other side, color looks so vivid on AMOLED screen.
The choice is yours.
25. The_Innovation (Posts: 606; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
I get the feeling that in the begining, it was truly amazing how things were moving forward. I feel like after the iPhone was introduced, everything essentially, stopped. Yes we have more powerful chips, screens with more megapixels, but the real evolution stopped. We have't truly seen "The Next Big Thing" yet. It's the same stuff being upgraded, year after year.
31. djkhalid (Posts: 110; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
well Apple hasn't evolved, of course, however Android most certainly has
36. The_Innovation (Posts: 606; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Evolving doesn't necessarily mean moving forward. Android merely "caught up" in my book, and obviously even surpassed. It gave more freedom to do more things. But I'm talking about brand new concepts of communication, brand new technologies. Not so much on the software side.
26. cashphama (Posts: 7; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Whoever did the infograph didn't see the need to put SG2 on the chat right? Like Seriously? 2011 was S2's yr! #smfh
38. nasznjoka (Posts: 400; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
But i hate this incrementing in screen size and Samsung is the the one who is responsible because he creates them and lots of people purchase them then other manufacturers also think its cool and because samsung is also a benchmark like apple when it comes to smartphone standards then they keep increasing screen size, i'd have been amazed to see an all round touch screen smartphone rather than this madness