Samsung preparing own Gear Glass wearable, plans April-May 2014 release date
0. phoneArena 07 Oct 2013, 05:14 posted on
Here is a juicy rumor: Samsung is working on a wearable computer similar to Google Glass that it is planning to release under the Gear Glass brand somewhere around April and May…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 1546; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Sammy please don't rush this time to make it like Galaxy Gear watch. Take your time and launch it then with all stuffs running properly.
2. CannabisHighway (Posts: 5; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
I would consider wearing glasses, unlike the watch. The thought of seeing it inside the glass lens makes it more exciting and private (well as private as it gets these days). I own an expensive brand name watch that I don't even wear so that's why I'm not interested in the watch gear.
3. HASHTAG (Posts: 387; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
With that time frame it might be another half-baked device like their smart-watch.
5. boosook (Posts: 615; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
They've been probably working on it for some time, and I could swear that Microsoft and Apple are working on some kind of glass too.
8. HASHTAG (Posts: 387; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
True. But I was just basing it on the fact that the Galaxy Gear Smartwatch was a rushed product, saying the same might be for the glass wearable.
10. joey_sfb (Posts: 1481; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
We know you will bash every Samsung product. lol..
15. HASHTAG (Posts: 387; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
I own a Galaxy Note 2. I like Samsung products, but again, for the 3rd time the smartwatch (even many articles support my claim) is an unfinished product. Not bashing at all.
Even Samsung admitted that their smartwatch was missing features it should of had.
9. cc3493 (Posts: 115; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
nah, prefer google to get it done right then get it out first.
13. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 672; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Agreed cc. If anything I see Samsung rushing out their own design to beat Google to the punch and sour everyone on the Glass concept prior to Google's release. Samsung has been doing a lot of stupid things lately.I was always a huge fan of their stuff but now don't see myself buying their stuff in the future.
14. bloodline (Posts: 676; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
lol....why because of one watch....S4, Note 3 all been on point so far and in samsung usual trend.
Dont be so dramatic. child
6. parvsingh05 (Posts: 92; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
Sammy why rushing so fast.. Dont spoil the actual fun of using new technology. Let other giants release revolutionary products. Den just copy them later . Simple
11. joey_sfb (Posts: 1481; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
For some reason Samsung felt insulted when Apple fanboy accuse them of copying Apple since the late Steve Job pass on. I think they only respect him as a marketing genius but not the current Apple design team under Cook. They even called him captain cook, he screw up the map now the iOS 7. I do hope Apple could release something significant after the iPad and the MacBook Air but that was under job lead
12. nctx77 (Posts: 73; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Oh god. Sammy has a google glass prototype and they will copy it.