Samsung posts an official Exynos 5 Octa render, we eagerly await the first device with it
0. phoneArena 25 Jan 2013, 03:15 posted on
The Exynos 5 Octa is expected to debut later in the year in Samsung's flagship products like the next iterations of the Galaxy phone and tablet line, and when it hits we will be sure to make some tests to gauge the performance/power consumption ratio...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. maxis3G (unregistered)
6. iphonemcluvin (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
FOR WHAT? TO SEE HOW LAME THE GPU IT WILL BE USING??? BWAHAHAHAHAHA
30. apexKBC (Posts: 92; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Apple couldnt have done it ever !!!!!!!!!!!
11. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Commenting should be turned off. No quality here.
12. MrJerry (Posts: 403; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
Bunch of idiots just met at the same time :P
13. cezarepc (Posts: 714; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
You'll probably see these guys commenting on yahoo news too
17. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1514; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Then why do you comment? Isn't it ironic?
14. jade272727 (Posts: 62; Member since: 10 Dec 2011)
Dual Core (2) X Quad Core (4) = Dual Quad Core (8 Cores)?!
18. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
So by Samsung's logic Tegra 3 and 4 are pentacore?
19. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
quad cores of exynos were defeated with dual core of qualcomm, so i expect qualcomm's quad cores to defeat exynos octa cores.
20. MC1123 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i really think this 8core is a joke, but we'll still see about that! if it can outmatched snapdragon 800 (i want to say tegra 4, but even A6X outmatched it)
24. jsdechavez (Posts: 727; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Again, this race to octa-core and up is getting ridiculous. Wasteful.
26. R-vjn (Posts: 177; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
Seriously???? 8 cores????
Android don't even fully utilise 4 cores for 95% of the time. The S4 Pro with the Adreno320 seems to be enough for next two years and the apps to come.
I think 8 core is simply waste of money and power.
What I want to see is a quad-core processor with improved GPU, just like what TEGRA4 did, I'm waiting for the TEGRA-4..!
27. cezarepc (Posts: 714; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Even the Tegra3 on my Nexus 7 is having no problem with ANY app I throw at it and I believe it can handle even the coming next-gen 3D games.
33. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
My nexus 7 is terrible slowest device I have had...most wanted lags as hell,horn lags,wild blood lags,nova 3 lags...tegra 3 is a terrible chip...wish the nexus 7 had the s4 or exynos 4.
35. R-vjn (Posts: 177; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
yea, tegra3 was a huge fail when compared to the s4 pro and exynos4.. i just hope tegra4 makes up places this time..!
32. christumaini (Posts: 27; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)
soon the smartphone world will be just like present word of pc..where users are free to install the operating system they want...consumers will be the winners as they ll be having chance to choose the specific hardware in relation to kind of OS they want to install/use