Samsung pays people to protest outside Australian Apple Store; goal is to mock iSheep culture
0. phoneArena 26 Apr 2012, 18:03 posted on
Samsung used an Australian marketing firm to provide it with protesters to stand outside an Apple Store in Australia and chant "Wake Up"; the idea is to deride Apple iPhone and Apple iPad users for being sheep and following everyone else by buying the devices...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
43. rudlie (Posts: 183; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Wakeup Australia! A company dare to says you are sleeping. The company pay Australian people to mocking their own country. Embarassed!
46. rudlie (Posts: 183; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
I know why samsung do this. it's because even samsung take a promotion A$2 for SGS2 in front iPhone 4s' line at australia, there's none of iSheep interesting to their product. What a shame!
48. ron1niro (Posts: 54; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Ok,i just saw the video and to me, there is nothing at all to imply that these people were paid by anyone, actually, there is nothing that says who they were telling to wake up and why, but phone arena already seems to know. Is this site sponsored by apple or what? This is not the first time you are trying to defame other companies, you do it very often with nokia and windows phone, now you are doing it with samsung and android too. Last time you guys even wrote an article praising apple, how they are leaders in innovation. You have lost my trust!
49. rudlie (Posts: 183; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
I rad articles and comments everyday in this site. I feel a lot of articles are more at android side than apple side
54. sadaivadai (Posts: 156; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
This is cheap marketing . I don't think Samsung need to do all these . They are making excellent and best products . I don't understand why they are doing these .
55. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
So according to Samsung those who buy an iPhone is an iSheep?
What a shame for a company thinking like that. What about iSheep users who both love Android and iOS?
This is ridiculous.
57. AbhiD (Posts: 65; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Although i would prefer samsung over apple, i just hate to see how cheap samsung has gone with this marketing...!!!
59. Wildmanfan (Posts: 238; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
f**k Apple. People own it because they are f**king followers. Everyone wants to be IN. You bunch of Marks!
62. Wildmanfan (Posts: 238; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
Thanks for the thumbs up. I hate to say it but Apple is just creating products who create followers because it's the in thing. Think outside the box and liberate yourselves folks.
60. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Epic Samsung is epic.
Now everybody knows the truth about the eyesheep. :)
61. adi4u4882 (Posts: 136; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
First of all who told that this has been done by Samsung? Where is the proof that this has been conducted by Samsung?
80. plgladio (Posts: 314; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Author Alan, can you please change the subject?
There is no where in the video it was by Samsung...
This is really bad, posting something about a company when they didn't do anything..
You(Alan) should be treated for that badly first...
83. matrix_neo (Posts: 329; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Yeah I agree with you. Allan should not post this kind of article without any proof. This apply also to other companies even for apple. I will believe if samsung name is being display during the campaign but nothing. Not all protest or campaign against apple samsung is liable for it. Allan should feel embarrassed about this, not appple or samsung. He ruined his good writing skills.
Sorry I pressed the wrong button instead of thumbs up I pressed the other one: (
63. rudlie (Posts: 183; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
they call us iSheep. so, lets we call them sGoat
64. Dejan (Posts: 17; Member since: 24 Mar 2012)
Yea that's what I want,simply because now they are truly competitors and that means better and better phones!You see,I'm not a guy who favourise more samsung or apple,
only thing I want.....better phones!
68. tmcr7 (Posts: 179; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
I wouldn't call it "desperate" because Galaxy S II was awarded the best phone of 2012. I would call it "rude awakening".
69. RobotMan (Posts: 141; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
"Environmental activist group Greenpeace released dozens of black balloons in Apple's 5th Avenue New York City store this week. "
Maybe it them ???
If it Samsung, not cool .
76. RobotMan (Posts: 141; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
”Samsung Electronics Australia has nothing to do with the ‘Wake-Up Campaign” the company told SlashGear today.
71. ryq24 (Posts: 606; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
samsung should be thanking apple for giving them ideas on their mobile phones and tablet. without apple, there will be no galaxy phones and tablets and record profit.
79. plgladio (Posts: 314; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Where does Samsung come in this Picture first??