Samsung outs Galaxy S II Plus, with Android 4.1.2 and the Nature UX interface
• The GALAXY S II Plus runs on Android™ 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) enabling faster and smoother screen transitions, and
providing an enhanced user interface featuring a new, easier-to-use notification panel. It is powered by an impressive
1.2 GHz dual core processor that enables easy multi-tasking, smooth screen transitions and superior graphics for
some of the most demanding applications and games.
• The GALAXY S II Plus’ nature-inspired user-interface is complemented with intuitive features that make the phone really
easy to use. Direct Call enables users to automatically dial a call by taking the device to the ear. Smart Stay recognizes
whether the user is looking at the screen to dim the screen accordingly; while Smart Alert lets users know about
missed events or status updates just by picking up the phone.
• The GALAXY S II Plus also sports a range of additional features that boost performance and the overall experience in
entirely new ways. Popup Video allows a video to play anywhere on the screen in a resizable pop-up window while
simultaneously running other tasks, eliminating the need to close and restart videos when checking new emails or
surfing the Web. S Voice lets users control the phone using their voice; and Voice Unlock lets users unlock the phone
using their own voice.
• A 4.3” WVGA Super AMOLED Plus display offers a generous viewing experience and enables photos captured with the
powerful 8MP camera to be enjoyed in true clarity.
• The rear camera features a zero-lag shutter speed that captures moving objects easily without delay. The innovative
‘Buddy photo share’ function also allows images to be easily and simultaneously shared with friends pictured in an
image directly from the camera or the photo gallery. Additional features include Group Facetag and Face Zoom to
deliver a complete photographic experience. The device is packed with the latest Samsung content services including
AllShare Play, which lets users share content across Samsung devices using a single account and password.
Users can also enjoy all the benefits of Samsung Hubs, including the latest versions of Readers Hub, Video Hub,
Game Hub and Music Hub.
More popular slideshows
10 great Android widgets you should try
09 Apr 2013, 08:08
Samsung Galaxy S4: 10 exclusive or little-known features review
05 Apr 2013, 07:17
Best Android phones to get this spring
17 Apr 2013, 09:48
5 smartphone apps banned by... Google
16 Apr 2013, 07:24
Samsung Galaxy S 4 hands-on
14 Mar 2013, 18:32
Google+ surpasses Twitter to take number 2 social network after Facebook
28 Jan 2013, 00:58
1. Adithya7184 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 03:50 7
specs are same as old s2....but still a good phone for mid-rangers...
11. Mittal posted on 10 Jan 2013, 04:42 7
This is so much better than the S3 mini!!
but pricing will be interesting as s3 mini is overpriced and this cannot be launche > Rs. 26000 in India
32. AmitMajumder posted on 10 Jan 2013, 07:16 0
I think Samsung made this phone just because they had some Galaxy S II parts left on the floor
38. cripton805 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 10:10 0
This would be a good phone off contract. $300-$400 max or even less. Id buy it. Its powerful enough and its still a great phone.
LTE is a big +, that the more powerful LG Nexus doesnt offer ironically.
2. tiara6918 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 03:53 6
I don't see the purpose of releasing galaxy s2+ when it is exactly identical to the galaxy s2.
14. kartik4u98 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 05:00 2
Actually there is a decrease in the storage capacity and is a bit heavy than the original one..
The only change I think is the exterior-color(now available in pebble blue) and hyperglaze..
20. PhoneArenaUser posted on 10 Jan 2013, 05:31 0
"Actually there is a decrease in the storage capacity..."
SGSII = MicroSD (up to 32GB)
SGSII+ = MicroSD (up to 64GB)
Does it looks like a decrease???
21. BiN4RY posted on 10 Jan 2013, 05:37 1
What does the maximum supported SD card size has ANYTHING to do with the internal storage capacity
22. PhoneArenaUser posted on 10 Jan 2013, 05:55 0
It has nothing to do with that but in overall you can have more space than in SGSII and it is advantage.
23. PhoneArenaUser posted on 10 Jan 2013, 05:58 0
What you will better prefer 32GB of internal + 32GB MicroSD on SGSII or 8GB of internal + 64GB MicroSD on SGSII+ ???
24. kartik4u98 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 06:16 1
I am having a 64GB micro sd card(FAT32) by sandisk running on my GALAXY S2 I9100...
31. PhoneArenaUser posted on 10 Jan 2013, 07:07 0
Who knows what you are using, I guide on the official data.
30. PhoneArenaUser posted on 10 Jan 2013, 07:06 0
Read articles on GSMArena or PocketNow and you will know that there is more differences. I don't say that SGSII+ is better than SGSII or vice versa, I just state the fact that there is differences!
35. kartik4u98 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 07:51 2
43. pkiran1996 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 14:08 0
It comes with a new zero shutter lag camera. Huge improvement there.
3. ilia1986 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 03:57 2
It's actually a slight downgrade when it comes to on-board storage, but it's good for those who want more power than the GS3 mini but still at an affordable price and with the latest software version.
4. AmitMajumder posted on 10 Jan 2013, 04:04 2
So... Ummm the original Galaxy S2 won't get jelly bean? Because if it does then releasing this phone is pointless.
5. AmitMajumder posted on 10 Jan 2013, 04:11 2
Don't get me wrong. I mean how much money people from 'emerging market' have? I myself just got my original SGS2 6 months ago and now if it doesn't get jelly bean, what am I supposed to do with it? sh*t on it?
29. AmitMajumder posted on 10 Jan 2013, 07:06 1
Why the hell would I root it and void my warranty. If I am to root it, then why would I buy a new device from the showroom? There were and is plenty of second hand deals. Samsung just doesn't care of their previous flagships just after the new one's are out in the market. But they never understand that this is the device for which the GS3 got i's success.
36. ilia1986 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 09:20 1
First of all: it is reported that the GS2 will be updated to jb.
Second of all: when it comes to phone manufacturers - Samsung provides updates at a far faster rate than any others when it comes to non nexus devices.
Third of all: you don't have to void your warranty. You can always unroot the phone should you need to.
Fourth of all: Samsung is giving you a CHOICE: either root your existing GS2 now OR wait for the official firmware update OR buy a new GS2 with half the internal storage, but with the latest firmware version. CHOICE = GOOD.
That would be all.
39. AmitMajumder posted on 10 Jan 2013, 10:28 0
HTC gives update faster. Their One S is alomost the same like S2. It is enjoying JB and we are still eating Ice-cream....
42. ilia1986 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 12:30 0
The One S is a much newer device than the S2. Thus, it received updates significantly faster. Not that it helped HTC that much given their current financial status. Your argument is moot.
Again- if you want - you can root your GS2 and enjoy 4.2.1 courtesy of a billion of custom mods.
9. BadAssAbe posted on 10 Jan 2013, 04:38 3
The original SGS2 will get jellybean, samsung already confirm this
10. Mittal posted on 10 Jan 2013, 04:40 1
i beleive GS2 is to receive JB update.
The only + for this model is that it has the latest UI and OS out of the box, so u can expect that to go uptil Android 5.0 ( though u never know!!)
28. AmitMajumder posted on 10 Jan 2013, 07:01 1
If this phone can go up to android 5.0 then why can't the GS2?
33. remixfa posted on 10 Jan 2013, 07:29 1
no one knows what android 5.0 is.. or if its even coming out in the next few years. I would guess we'd see 4.3 and 4.4 as well as maybe even 4.5 before we see 5.0.
Samsung is updating the SGS2's to ICS/JB. Current flagships always get priority. If you dont like waiting then get a nexus.
40. AmitMajumder posted on 10 Jan 2013, 10:30 0
I can't. Nexus devices aren't available in my country.
41. remixfa posted on 10 Jan 2013, 11:11 0
sure they are.. you just have to work harder to get one. Get a buddy in a country where they are sold, buy it through him and have it shipped to you. pop in a GSM sim and boom.
47. AmitMajumder posted on 10 Jan 2013, 22:57 1
So will you help me get one?
37. ash29 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 09:31 0
Its all about marketing.If they support the old phones,then wol'll buy their new phones?
15. kartik4u98 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 05:02 2
The original S2 is definitely getting JB 4.1 as confirmed by Samsung..
There is also a leaked SAMSUNG JB ROM which is very very smooth and can be used as a daily driver..
(I'm using it from the last month)
13. Astro551 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 04:49 0
doesn't get google now, the only major differentiating feature between ICS. phone is now pointless. seems legit
25. kartik4u98 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 06:17 0
iT IS GETTING IT...
34. remixfa posted on 10 Jan 2013, 07:31 0
the original SGS2 is getting ICS or JB. Samsung confirmed.
This is just a refresh of an older yet still popular model to spike a few sales. For budget minded people (or most anyone else really), its still an excellent phone.
6. Peter98 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 04:11 3
This design is way better than S3. And what I found out in the picture is the back plate is using hair-brushed style?
16. kartik4u98 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 05:02 0
It's having hyperglaze coating...as stated by other techsites..
7. Raymond_htc posted on 10 Jan 2013, 04:19 0
I am gonna get this.. just right, Size is not too big, not too small, and its bench mark is 3000+ =3
17. kartik4u98 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 05:04 0
Completely pointless device..
Why do you always do like this samsung??
45. Scorpion posted on 10 Jan 2013, 18:08 0
I've got an orginal SGII with JB and it's a great combo. I think this is a purely marketing move. By announcing a "new" phone they bring the spotlight back to SGII. Makes sense as it really is a good workhorse phone, and if your'e n a budget.... Oh and did you notice how Samsung pulled an Apple in CES but not announcoing a 5inch 1080p? I'd sue them for that, not squares in the interface.
46. maxha97 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 20:38 0
In s2jellybean update will get touchwiz5.0 and popupplay. So it is nothing better than s2
48. Wiki_jaan posted on 10 Jan 2013, 23:20 0
instead of updating original s2 they launch this same old s**t with 4.1 so they can sale more s2