Samsung on buying Nokia: "not true"
1. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Samsung wanted to put more money in R&D and new plants not wasted money on buying another phone company search as RIM and Nokia.
3. slaggyb (Posts: 193; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I don't know were phonearena gets all this rumours and post them out here for readers....last time they also posted samsung was buying out RIM now is NOKIA whenever a company is having issues it will turnout that samsung wants to buy them....
4. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Why would Samsung do that ?
They make most of their parts in house so why is there a need to buy Nokia ?
5. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
they claimed it was for there patents. but once again microsoft would not let its biggest hardware provider for there mobile os go.
6. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Nokia is more technologically advanced than Samsung...and samsung wouldn't dare get into argument with MS.
10. SleepingOz (unregistered)
How exactly is nokia more "technologically advanced"?
12. DigitalBoy05 (Posts: 203; Member since: 04 Jun 2011)
it would have been awesome payback to MS though since samsung pays X amount of dollars per android phone sold to MS for a licensing agreement. something to do with a patent MS owns dont remember the exact details.
8. Anthony_Gonzalves (Posts: 46; Member since: 11 May 2012)
its better that sammy stays away from nokia, otherwise it would be hard seeing nokia 900 running touchwiz.
9. -box- (Posts: 3931; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Better to keep big companies like that separate anyway. Competition breeds innovation, cooperation tends to bring committee designed flops
11. muhsen (Posts: 275; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
i don't know what's wrong with phone arena with nokia. but one thing for sure is that they don't like nokia that much
the drop in nokia's share was momentary and has nothing to do with the rumors, it's now the same as during the rumor, phonearena , please be accurate about ur information and don't relate irrelevant things to ur articles, u r really losing ur credibility
if the drop in shares is related to the the rumors ,logically it would keep sliding down not up again to the same level
13. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Alot of asshole exist in this world. If they can't talk s**t about somebody or something, they just don't feel good about themselves.
14. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
that was the story but phonearena will be late or wont report this ms does have plans to buy nokia when that price goes down.
15. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I'm a believer that the rumor was actually from Nokia, or at least from a party that wants to ímprove on Nokia's shares.