Samsung officials confirm 5.9-inch Note III will come at IFA in September, Galaxy S4 to hit 10 million sales next week
0. phoneArena 17 May 2013, 07:14 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S4 has already become the fastest selling Android smartphone ever having hit 4 million shipments within the first five days of availability…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
53. McLTE (Posts: 855; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
We've already seen what the 5.9 size will look like. It will be approx .5 inches taller, which may be too much for me. bah.. who am I kidding?? I'll get it anyway! As long as it's not wider! bah.. who am I kidding.. I'll get it anyway!!
There's no way the Note III will be more narrow than the Note 2. Not possible.
81. vladikostek (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 May 2013)
I can confirm this, if you look at the comparison page of the galaxy mega and a few other phones....you can transpose the mega 5.8 screen to the note 2 and see that there is no way in hell 5.9 inches (extra .1 of an inch to mega) would fit on a "note 2 footprint"
take a look at the original article posted on April 11th, or just trust me ;)
I was really hoping for 5.7 inches....oh well i'll probably still get it. (hoping it's around 8mm thick)
4. msa1988 (Posts: 418; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
That's entirely way too big (that's what she said).
23. Mimas (Posts: 21; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
I agree - even the 5 incher that's already in my trousers can be a little uncomfortable sometimes...
5. sid07desai (Posts: 290; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Ok. I was gonna wait till Note 3. But no more waiting. HTC One it is. Plastic has become dull.
29. greathero1 (Posts: 566; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Plastic is cool. I just hope they do not put that god awful pattern on the Note 3 like in the S4. That's why I went with the HTC One. IMO, it makes the phone look hideous.
32. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 808; Member since: 11 May 2013)
For me the pattern is cool esp in the white. I really like it.. i just dont like the weight of the device..it is very light that i dont like :)
43. tedkord (Posts: 11956; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
The pattern on the battery cover? For $10 you can get pretty much and battery cover type you want on Amazon - aluminum, carbon fiber, poly. All posted and colors.
69. trqster (Posts: 97; Member since: 17 May 2013)
The HTC ONE is the new android smartphone reference - great quality build and brilliant industrial design and interface (HTC Sense 5). To be perfect though still lacks a microSD card, a larger capacity battery and a better camera.
7. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
5.9 inch? Geez......I wish I have big hands! But still, I'm excited to see the Note 3! Can't wait!
8. tiara6918 (Posts: 2045; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I can't wait and see what the note 3 has to offer considering the success of the first and second note version! I bet that oled display will be the talk of the town once it comes out
10. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
If they do what they've done with the Galaxy S4 iand increase the screen size by eliminating more bezel, I can see them getting away with it. If they eliminate 0.2 inches of bezel then they only need to increase the phone's size by 0.2 inches, which is not a huge increase.
If they increase the overall size of the phone by 0.4 inches that's pushing it though.
On a related note (no pun intended) Samsung really needs to start putting 32 gigs of internal memory into the Note. If you're going to sell the damn thing for 300 bucks, it needs to beat the equivalent priced iPhone in every aspect.
17. pslee (Posts: 40; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
10 million without verizon customers. very impressive.
38. johnriii (Posts: 238; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Big Red customers will push their sales beyond belief. not to mention 4th of July saies, back to school sales, etc. Samsung has pretty much decimated the competition, despite "lag" issues and such.
64. pslee (Posts: 40; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
yea I know! verizon owns third of the population of the US, 100 million customers!! only company to match that number is At&t and some Chinese companies.
24. MCrapp (Posts: 318; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
So we can expect the Galaxy Mega 6 design with stylus. Im still waiting Sammy!
26. htcone (Posts: 9; Member since: 19 Apr 2013)
Samsung is lying because they wnat to make people belive that the s**t s4 is good after they heard about the ram storage lag heating issuis
Also a didnt see any one has s4 at least in my countrey because they are all waiting for the note 3 or they will still on the note 2 or s3
Sry for bad english it is not my native language
30. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Many phones have issues/problems, not just the Galaxy S4, the Xperia Z and Optimus G, HTC One etc. have issues/problems too (such as freezing, overheating, battery drain etc.), don't expect it to be a healthy fella.
Just like humans like us, we will get sick right?
31. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 808; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Your country is not the only country in the world.. your city is not the only city in your country..
Why should a company lie if there are external auditors? Why should a company lie if their operating profits are being publicized?
Internal storage is not an issue for people who love all touchwiz features.. besides, almost all android skins take signifcant amount of internal space.. Lag was already fixed by the recent update.. and not all units are affected by these issues..
40. johnriii (Posts: 238; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
yeah, I'm sure the HTC one is just "PERFECT". no problems at all. the numbers don't lie, no matter what you say.
27. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 591; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Ok! That should be the limit! Beyond 6" might be considered as a tablet.
39. Retro-touch (Posts: 273; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Its already a phablet and its bordering on tablet, so you should get your facts straight
28. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
SAMSUNG. NOTE3. ANDROID. GOOGLE..FTW™
36. StalkinUrMom (Posts: 111; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
I walked around school once pretending to talk on my Nexus 7 like you would with a phone just to gauge people's reactions. I fear it might actually come to that someday now s: