Samsung officials confirm 5.9-inch Note III will come at IFA in September, Galaxy S4 to hit 10 million sales next week
0. phoneArena 17 May 2013, 07:14 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S4 has already become the fastest selling Android smartphone ever having hit 4 million shipments within the first five days of availability…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. papss (unregistered)
I was really hoping to see the flexible screen tech out in public this year.
22. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
it think note series ll remain non flexible ..... flexible ll be called some thing else
34. sapibuntinx (Posts: 57; Member since: 08 May 2013)
wow 5.9 inch is larger than S4, they should make 3840 x 2160 px resolution... and next year, note 4 would 6.4 inch with 7680 x 4320 px... lol....
58. poopApple (banned) (Posts: 38; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
note 2 was perfect...but if the screen size reaches 5.9 inches then they should offer COMPATIBLE CLOTHES with it...lol
76. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
how about minimizing the bezel even lower than S4?
96. dmckay12 (Posts: 243; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
I worked out the math on 5.8, 5.9, and 6.0 in possible note III screens and compared it to current note II screen and body dimensions and found that to keep the same size body as the already huge Note II, the aspect ratio would have to be made taller/wider and thinner, the capacitive/solid buttons would have to e done away with, the earpiece thinned, the front camera would have to hug the top of the phone (making it more prone to shattering), and a programming solution would be needed to lock out accidental touches on the side of the screen due to the practically bezel-less sides.
62. archangel9 (Posts: 233; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
6.4 inches will be for the Galaxy Mega line
72. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
2k would destroy the gpu. Not even a high end desktop card can run a game at 2k and no have problems with some of them.
74. sapibuntinx (Posts: 57; Member since: 08 May 2013)
oh come on guys, my point is, stick with their current size, 5.5" is already big enough... it's like putting a shoe in your ear when making a phone call with this 5.9" BS...
S4 is already a big phone with 4.9", and now come this 6.9"... omg omg...
75. atsamman (Posts: 74; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Note 1 : 5.3
Note 2 : 5.5
Note 3 : 5.9
So in 5 years when the 21 inch note 8 comes just what kinds of pants should we expect to see
47. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
flexible screen is useless when device is not flexible, but flexible screen is useful when device is flexible.
49. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 808; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Unbreakable is the point of giving a flexible display for now..
A true flexible device is still unreachable
57. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
check on youtube: nokia flxible device in nokia world 2011
88. iushnt (Posts: 1748; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
i have already seen ces 2012 flexible prototype of samsung and i already got the idea. Other's part doesn't need to be flexible..if you still think other parts need to be flexible then see this video from samsung. watch?v=YbONZTFjopc
52. polrt (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
But this device will have a cheap flexible plastic, so it's not so bad!
67. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
its either sammy or LG who can make flexible screens viable at the moment and in my eyes whoever gets there first will be the future leader of android so im sure there both working on it very much!
84. zacharynasty (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 May 2013)
i heard LG is guna put out a flexible phone this year
2. hung2900 (Posts: 956; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
OMG 5.9 inch. I love Note series very much but my current jeans are screaming. I am not afraid about the width, but the length...
Maybe I need to buy new ones
9. ajac09 (Posts: 1481; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
dont wear skinny girl jeans? I can put a 7 inch tablet in my pocket so no worries.. now larger then that can be an issue
61. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 549; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Yeah, don't wear emo tight ass jeans and your fine, I can pocket my Note 2 in my "normal" clothes just fine.
63. glentomas123 (Posts: 70; Member since: 01 Jun 2011)
What if one is a girl that likes to wear skinny girl jeans? :-).
78. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3896; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Her figure won't be the only thing that's 'bulging', would it? ;)
92. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
if you are a fat ass or a s8, for sure
25. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
It all depends on how Sammy packages the display on the Note III. Thinner bezel could result in a Note III that is only slightly larger than the Note II.
Personally, I am looking forward to the Note III. But then I don't wear skinny girl jeans.
85. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
5.9" is not big enough for me to upgrade, like the song says 'I need 7 inches or more!' Anyhoot, still curious. In the meantime, already rooted and hacked my Note 2 to use data overseas....lol.
42. moolotovzz (Posts: 24; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
5.9 does not mean it will be bigger than note2. Example is S4 which has bigger screen than S3 but almoust the same size ;) If I am not mistaken even less in width