Samsung officially announces Galaxy S4 U.S. availability: seven carriers and seven retailers to get it from April
0. phoneArena 17 Apr 2013, 07:43 posted on
Samsung has officially confirmed that its Galaxy S4 flagship Android handset will arrive to seven U.S. carriers and seven retailers in April...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. papss (unregistered)
Smart move to be on that many carriers
11. akki20892 (Posts: 3773; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
right dude, every company should do that launch in every carriers.......!!!
2. zig8100 (Posts: 167; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
Sprint!!! 2efffin50!!! Thats so stupid! Better be 32 gigs!!
32. SprintGuy26 (Posts: 66; Member since: 21 Mar 2011)
"Getting a 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4 from Sprint will cost you $250"
sorry i cant leave any links beacause i have less than 30 post?!?! sooo gotta do it this way
go to phonescoop.com then paste the below after the .com
4. dicemoney (Posts: 57; Member since: 28 Mar 2011)
$250? Thanks for making my choice a little bit easier HTC one here I come
13. dicemoney (Posts: 57; Member since: 28 Mar 2011)
I can use the $50 I save and buy a HTC case and still have money left over
20. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
53. minteke (Posts: 30; Member since: 27 Jul 2012)
So what is the reason for nice HTC body if you anyway gonna cover it with a case??? Or leave it without case and enjoy scratches and dents very soon. That's why I will definitely buy SG4.
54. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
so you'll spend 50 to cover the One with 'plastic'? thats "really smart"...
14. kvk066 (Posts: 18; Member since: 27 Feb 2013)
You enjoy the cheap plastic costing 250 bucks
26. Swypee (Posts: 2; Member since: 17 Apr 2013)
like the cheap plastic lumia phones. with big bezelz
56. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
theres nothing cheap about polycarbonat... and i can do more with my 'plastic' ...
5. dicemoney (Posts: 57; Member since: 28 Mar 2011)
Samsung is starting to become worst than Apple
18. rallyguy (Posts: 613; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Samsung has nothing to do with it. Each carrier decides how much they want to subsidize the phone. Sprint choose a different price than others. The price point is on Sprint.
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 14662; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Bring on my white frost 32 gig on AT&T
8. TerryCrowley (Posts: 194; Member since: 31 Jul 2011)
The Galaxy S4 is a nice choice if you want a phone with hardly any usability but a ton of gimmicky features. It's the new trend amongst kids replacing the iPhone.
12. evarod48 (Posts: 152; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
how can someone that has never touched the device say it doesn't have usability?
16. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Dont feed him.. he is just a butthurt losing review battles
19. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Lol Samsung fans are worse than apple. Who woulda knew...
24. TerryCrowley (Posts: 194; Member since: 31 Jul 2011)
I already called it. By no means am I an Apple fanboy but Samsung fanboys are the literally the worst. Zealotry of Apple fanboys and arrogance of Android fans. And lol@review battles.
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 14662; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
How is he losing phone review battles, when he doesn't make phones? He's a consumer dude, as long as he's satisfied with his purchase its a win for him either way.
34. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Ohmy feeding and supporting each other.. pls read his comment and ull realize how hater and basher he is.. how in ds world a man will say that gs4 "with hardly any usability" wherein gs4 is winning d reviews.. pls dont make the hate and senseless attitude eat you guys..
And to d other guys, how cum my comment be a worse display of being a samsung fan if i stand on what reviews are saying and contradictng terrycrowly's comment.. if u will support the comment of terrycrowley then u r all d same..
40. teerex42 (Posts: 185; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
cause they don't know s**t dude and they're jealous cause their crap phones won't have those awesome features :)
39. teerex42 (Posts: 185; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
Dude ur a flaming idiot!! I've seen many a video and asked my Verizon rep about those what you called gimmicky features. They are very very useful...people who say the features are gimmicky are just jealous because their crap iphones or htc's don't have the same usable features. It's going to be the best smart phone on the planet and I am on Verizon, the best network on the planet!
10. wiiandds (Posts: 63; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Great. This means Ting Should get it soon after.
15. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Ditch these haters here.. they are butthurt
17. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
No doubt the s4 is an amazing device, but this year my money is on the One.
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 14662; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
S4 and the new iPhone for me. That'll replace my ip5 and note 2
23. fwinst (Posts: 64; Member since: 08 May 2010)
If Sprint prices the 16gb model @ $250, it would seem they've decided to push the HTC One. I've owned multiple devices from each manufacturer. Both make excellent products. My preference right now would be the GS4 32gb or 64gb model. If the HTC had a 2600 Mah or (preferably) larger battery, and expandable memory, my choice might be different.
25. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
so far the HTC One and the Sony Xperia Z seem like the best choices because the Galaxy S4 will be pretty much the same as the Galaxy S3 except it will cost more :(
27. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7004; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Xperia z isnt even on the big carriers yer
37. SprintGuy26 (Posts: 66; Member since: 21 Mar 2011)
too bad sprint cant get their hands on them Sony phones
38. SleepingOz (unregistered)
HTC One may be a good alternative but XZ, not so much.. =]
52. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Yah ur ryt.. htc one is d only big opponent of gs4..
Even pocketnow artcle on d oems compromises XZ wasnt mentiond as one alternative for major players now in android.. and gs4 was their gold medal winner w/ d plastc thing as d only compromse
41. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I would much rather have a Galaxy S4 than Xperia Z. The screen on the Xperia Z is pretty meh, and Samsung has done MUCH more to support their devices than Sony.
29. Lboogey6 (Posts: 269; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
im just curious why the one would be better? i know to each his own but im not seeing much beyond the boom sound
33. ahhxd717 (Posts: 331; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
Nice move in Samsungs part. Idk why they made the 64GB One only available on ATT. Maybe if it had an SD slot, it would be more understandable. They need to stop that exclusivity crap if they want more sales.
36. SprintGuy26 (Posts: 66; Member since: 21 Mar 2011)
wow no SD card slot!?!?!..if this is true then i think ill pass.for me i need to be able to change SD cards..all my media is on my SD card
..sprint wants $250 for the 16GB then i guess $300 for the 32GB??
35. SprintGuy26 (Posts: 66; Member since: 21 Mar 2011)
is the S4 a clean android or did sprint load all that BS bloatware onto the phone?
43. darkkjedii (Posts: 14662; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
AT&T does that same crap man. I heard sprint let's you uninstall it now.
49. SprintGuy26 (Posts: 66; Member since: 21 Mar 2011)
yea they all add extra BS apps....not sure about that but what sprint should do is have recommended apps and having the choice to download the app vs the phone already having the apps by sprint then the user has to go threw all kind of crap to remove the apps...
Sprint ID,Facebook, game demos etc...if i wanted any of these apps i would go to the google play store and download them
42. twenti7 (Posts: 152; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
"Samsung officially announces Galaxy S4 U.S. availability"
"Samsung has not yet announced pricing and availability"
44. polyploidy90 (Posts: 10; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
listed for $1,149.99 at target unlocked
47. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Should be around $600-$650 unlocked once they are official. Unless your on a CDMA network DO NOT pay full price for the US version, the international has a better cpu/gpu and it has all the US bands.
46. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
When can you buy the not crap version on Amazon with an exynos 5?
48. fwinst (Posts: 64; Member since: 08 May 2010)
US Cellular will be selling the 16gb model for $199, AND including a flip cover for free!! Come on Sprint, stop over-pricing.
51. Schmao (Posts: 302; Member since: 05 Jul 2009)
Sweet! I've just received my free Riot Points!