Samsung official says that attacking Apple fanboys was "a tipping point"
0. phoneArena 13 Aug 2013, 16:04 posted on
As anyone who has seen the comment threads on any mobile news website can tell you, there's nothing better to drive activity than when fanboys rally around a topic and start yelling at each other, even when there is little to no reason that anyone should get riled up. Well, now a Samsung official is admitting that joining the fanboy wars was "a tipping point" for the company...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
27. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
"We, on the other hand, could do with fewer fanboys shouting and more reasonable conversations. "
If you want resonable conversations try posting unbiased educated articles without generalized titles such as "iphone still the #1 smartphone".
31. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Samsung knows how too compete against Apple. What i love bout their ads is their fight against Apple mobile division and showing how many people stood outside in the cold just for a phone. my favorite one is the graduation ad
49. special4u (Posts: 63; Member since: 22 May 2013)
samsung fanboys gone crazy to think that this is a compliment!!
i was like wtf!???
2. gazmatic (Posts: 795; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
ifans and samfans are just as annoying as any fan
somehow they are the most aggresive and abusive though
9. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
How i agree! Put your point across, no need for fighting and name calling. Arguing is still acceptable.
25. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Tell that to the web moderators at PhoneArena who appear to enjoy encouraging Android/Samsung fans to attack the commercial reputation of Apple, as well as Microsoft and Nokia, and then censor or ban individuals willing to repond to such baseless criticism and rantings.
PhoneArena should openly declare it's corporate affiliations, and stop pretending to be non-biased towards competing non-Android mobile platforms and companies.
42. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Some sites pay fixed remuneration to writers per month (contract writers)
Some sites pay on per article.
Some pay on basis of number of views .. so something like $10 for every 1000 views.
For sites that pay $ per 1000 views to writers, it is but natural for writers to get more traffic which ever way they can. Not sure what model PA has.
51. WirelessCon (Posts: 309; Member since: 11 May 2010)
Yeah, I'm paid by Samsung to post in these boards, so here' to another easy payday.
The Galaxy S2 is the shiz!
36. heyhi (Posts: 131; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
not as much aggressive as Sony fanboys for sure.
You can see that on almost any Sony article available in PA.
3. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
The ancient greeks had a word called hubris: When a man thinks he is a God.
While I don't speak or write Korean, I wouldn't be surprised if the definition of hubris in Korean also includes "Samsung".
41. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
It's "Paul". His official name was Steven Paul Jobs.
50. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
You may want to look up the definition of hubris.
4. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
If Apple weren't so iNferior and cheap Samsung would not have hit the nail on the head!!
Long live Samsung; long live Galaxy S Series; longer live Galaxy Note Series. What is right simply is correct.
45. joey_sfb (Posts: 5803; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Samsung fans are there for the specs. Once they lose their edge will be bye!bye! Samsung.
Apple fans are more fanatic, once i disagreed with them, they will beam pure hatred at me.
7. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
both companies work for different customer base. I wouldn't call out one to be better than the other. Believe me this is not diplomacy talking. I have used both from the Note 2 to the ip5 and have loved both.
8. papss (unregistered)
I personally won't use either for different reasons but know their qualities and find them enchanting.
10. Joosty (Posts: 133; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Apple is the most profitable company in the world I believe.
And it is an AMERICAN company.
For a company from SOUTH KOREA to start something so massive that it starts a great fight against the American machine. I can raise a beer to that.
21. Commentator (Posts: 3700; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
That it's using an American-made OS as its vanguard notwithstanding, apparently...
40. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Google is an AMERICAN company too. Samsung got successful in mobile business using Android.
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 21650; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Kinda sounds like Samsung was using their fanboys to their liking. This article wouldn't make me proud, as a Samung fan
14. donfem (Posts: 647; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
That is obviously a statement which the author of the article was trying to buttress. Everyone know you are the first defender of anything i, so whatever you might have to say states exaclty what Michael H was referring to.
16. Zeus.k (unregistered)
Well dj most of the times you are reasonable but saying that Samsung was using their fans was a bit over the line. We all know how apple has a cult following and how much apple cares for people. So its better to look at right reasons rather than blaming Samsung only. People should also take responsibility for their stupidity.