Samsung now mass producing 128GB memory for smartphones, tablets
0. phoneArena 18 Sep 2012, 02:13 posted on
Samsung has now started mass production of its 128GB eMMC memory chips for mobile devices…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Isnt this for the windows tablets?
2. darkskoliro (Posts: 885; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Tablets, sure. Phones, not really...Im pretty sussed with 32/64gb. This is great news for a few people though.
15. SleepingOz (Posts: 2466; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
This is a great news for everyone, except for Samsung haters.
The more the better!
23. darkskoliro (Posts: 885; Member since: 07 May 2012)
And how does this make me a hater? I dont even know what you put on your phone that will take up 128gb...but yes the more the better.
3. karas (Posts: 34; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
One day we will see mobiles with 1TB internal memory
4. exo2u (Posts: 24; Member since: 10 May 2012)
Yeah hopefully sooner than later. I'm sick of relying on cloud based stuff. Gonna go watch Karas now.
20. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Death of Clud storage for phone users.... except iCloud :D
5. chunk1x (Posts: 248; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
128GB is equal to a day's worth of HD porn.
6. Gaytor (Posts: 51; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
Apple should be kept out as a customer for this unless it stops its boorish patent strategy.
10. xfire99 (Posts: 365; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Thats a bad idea, if Samsung do that and Apple will sue Samsung out of business. Samsung cant deny any company for ordering.
17. troutsy (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
You're grossly misunderstanding how business works.
"No Quoting" or quoting with 200% margin, while a horrible business strategy, is not illegal.
21. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Samsung is free to overquote by say a margin of 400% ... no need to refuse just overquote ...
19. infernal88 (Posts: 113; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
imagine that 16g might be dropped as high end storage ...and for the phone to be high end it will have at least 32gb ...that would be awesome XD
14. juanyunis (Posts: 72; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
if they make a good price point for this, i mean smartphones/tablets with 128GB of flash memory, then i would be very happy, the cloud is amazing but until the world and the evolution reach a very stable and wide coverage of data transmissions, i would prefer real storage.
18. Captain_Doug (Posts: 735; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I've done my fair share of complaining about phones that lack expandable storage but if my phone had 64GB of storage or more, I'd let that one slide.