Samsung now mass producing 128GB memory for smartphones, tablets
128GB is not just tons of storage, but it’s also fast storage with transfer speeds of up to 140MB/s. The new eMMC cards support JEDEC eMMC v4.5 specification for higher memory bandwidth and generally improved performance.
Samsung uses 20nm manufacturing technology for the new 128GB eMMC chips. Like its other eMMC Pro cards, this new one uses NAND with a DDR 2.0 interface.
2. darkskoliro posted on 18 Sep 2012, 02:22 6 3
Tablets, sure. Phones, not really...Im pretty sussed with 32/64gb. This is great news for a few people though.
15. SleepingOz posted on 18 Sep 2012, 07:05 4 2
This is a great news for everyone, except for Samsung haters.
The more the better!
23. darkskoliro posted on 19 Sep 2012, 07:10 1 0
And how does this make me a hater? I dont even know what you put on your phone that will take up 128gb...but yes the more the better.
3. karas posted on 18 Sep 2012, 02:26 19 0
One day we will see mobiles with 1TB internal memory
4. exo2u posted on 18 Sep 2012, 02:42 5 0
Yeah hopefully sooner than later. I'm sick of relying on cloud based stuff. Gonna go watch Karas now.
20. rusticguy posted on 18 Sep 2012, 09:28 0 0
Death of Clud storage for phone users.... except iCloud :D
6. Gaytor posted on 18 Sep 2012, 03:12 12 1
Apple should be kept out as a customer for this unless it stops its boorish patent strategy.
10. xfire99 posted on 18 Sep 2012, 04:26 1 7
Thats a bad idea, if Samsung do that and Apple will sue Samsung out of business. Samsung cant deny any company for ordering.
17. troutsy posted on 18 Sep 2012, 07:41 0 0
You're grossly misunderstanding how business works.
"No Quoting" or quoting with 200% margin, while a horrible business strategy, is not illegal.
21. rusticguy posted on 18 Sep 2012, 09:31 0 0
Samsung is free to overquote by say a margin of 400% ... no need to refuse just overquote ...
19. infernal88 posted on 18 Sep 2012, 08:54 0 0
imagine that 16g might be dropped as high end storage ...and for the phone to be high end it will have at least 32gb ...that would be awesome XD
14. juanyunis posted on 18 Sep 2012, 07:03 3 0
if they make a good price point for this, i mean smartphones/tablets with 128GB of flash memory, then i would be very happy, the cloud is amazing but until the world and the evolution reach a very stable and wide coverage of data transmissions, i would prefer real storage.
18. Captain_Doug posted on 18 Sep 2012, 08:29 1 0
I've done my fair share of complaining about phones that lack expandable storage but if my phone had 64GB of storage or more, I'd let that one slide.