Samsung now leads the Chinese phone market
0. phoneArena 13 Jul 2012, 09:32 posted on
Samsung now leads the Chinese phone market We wouldn’t care all that much about China if it wasn’t now the world’s largest phone market, surpassing the United States, but now that it is it’s interesting to see…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Keep it up, Samsung!
11. ardent1 (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Huawei is going to kick Samsung's butt in mainland China -- just you wait and see. Anything Samsung can make, Huawei can copy and make a similar device for less. The same can be said for ZTE.
5. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
is expected Samsung just launch their flagship device.. we will talk when the next iphone is released..
6. audiblenarcotic (Posts: 110; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Gallito... I would be surprised if these figures are actually calculating in the sales of the GS3 since its only been out for about a month in China. More then likely once those numbers are incorporated Samsung will have a larger lead. Sure Apple will gain some of that back once the new iPhone is launched but its doubtful that it will be enough to overtake Sammy.
7. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
we will see but could be right. But Nokia is the one that is becoming th next RIM...
8. audiblenarcotic (Posts: 110; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
No doubt about that. As interesting as I find the whole possibility of WP8 and the way its supposed to integrate everything from phone to tablet to PC, it has a long way to go before it can compete in terms of market share with iOS or Android. Nokia might have made a huge mistake by hitching itself to that wagon.
10. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Symbian had a future in my mind.. they would have more faith.. and would have gone better than right now..
9. ryq24 (Posts: 529; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
wow! no japanese brand! japan's industry is really going down being replaced by koreans, taiwanese and chinese! how times change! next will be their cars. honda has started to fade while hyundai and kia are growing fast.
12. ardent1 (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Building small consumer electronics devices with few parts is a far cry from building a car with far more parts and complex systems. Btw, Hyundai "owns" Kia.