Samsung might have underestimated Galaxy S III demand: a mistake estimated in 2 million sales units
0. phoneArena posted on 26 Jun 2012, 05:22
Huge lines and countless rumors - the Samsung Galaxy S III is without a doubt the most hyped Android device out there, but this quick rise to the top and the user demand…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Tjey007 posted on 26 Jun 2012, 05:38 3 1
LG hasnt inveiled anything serious recently !! I thought LG made Optimus 4X :\
6. Tjey007 posted on 26 Jun 2012, 05:46 5 2
if they can mention HTC one x then why not 4X..i think 4X is better than one x overall...i would say its one of the best in the market right now.
7. lubba posted on 26 Jun 2012, 05:54 3 1
It would be serious if sold worldwide and hyped with commercials and all. I don't think anybody here in US knows what it is. And besides LG made a bad name for themselves here with all the flaws associated with their first generation super android devices. There was little mistakes with GS1 and GS2. Anyway you are right. PA should at least mention it. After all its specs do compete with the GS3.
2. lubba posted on 26 Jun 2012, 05:40 8 1
I guess Nokia's financial forecast for the next quarter was spot on. It will be worse, and they knew why ahead of everyone else. The windows phone developer summit was the day they flat out gave the answer. No wp8 upgrade! No new Nokia phones until fall or winter! No wp7.8 upgrade until after wp8 release! On top of all that, the GS3! A storm is brewing for Nokia for the next 2-3 quarters, No a hurricane more or less.
4. GuiltyBystander posted on 26 Jun 2012, 05:42 23 2
Wow, the S3 is a great success for Samsung.
It's funny because many people said that it was going to fail completely and look what happened.
Hope Samsung continues delivering such great products in the future.
18. SleepingOz posted on 26 Jun 2012, 10:28 9 0
What's so wrong? Go troll elsewhere Nokia fag!
31. TROLL posted on 26 Jun 2012, 15:52 2 0
OZ that was funny. lmfao hahahaha.
20. deeoh1084 posted on 26 Jun 2012, 10:39 0 0
i know i agree i'm thinking about getting one as well i was going to wait for the Galaxy Note II but since we're not going to get it till next year (i hope this year but look what happened to the first Galaxy Note) i'm going to get it for sure SGS III rocks!
5. ilia1986 posted on 26 Jun 2012, 05:43 25 2
Better to underestimate than overestimate demand. Good job Samsung!
In Android we trust. Land of the free, home of the brave.
12. zhypher_23 posted on 26 Jun 2012, 08:46 2 0
Haha Love that Line, I'm gonna remember that ;)
26. PAPINYC (limited) posted on 26 Jun 2012, 12:42 0 0
You know if this were Apple they could do what was done with the iPhone 4S when it launched and inventory was depleted; Apple just pulled out all of the unsold iPhone 4 units in its' stockpile and added an "S" on the box. But, since, the GS III is a completely upgraded device (even physically) this will be hard to do. Samsung could always put out a disclaimer by way of a TV spot advising consumers that if their new GS III's don't quite look as they should, perhaps they are 'looking at their phones the wrong way'?! ?????
8. AppleConspiracy posted on 26 Jun 2012, 06:02 9 16
Samsung Galaxy SIII is popular only because it symbolically represents a culturological opposition to the religion of iPhone. Samsung and Android is the sign of subversion, the ideology of revolution, and it exists only because it emerged from total dominance of iPhone. It's never about technicalities or phones actually. Samsung never understood that, they are still stupid. That's why they underestimated the demand.
33. Killer_Instinct posted on 26 Jun 2012, 22:51 0 0
- Multitasking is stupid on phones
- 4G is overrated
- 3.5 inches is the perfect screen size, any bigger than that and the phone becomes unusable
- if you use stylus you blew it
- iPad-style tablet computers with smaller 7in screens would be “dead on arrival”
9. matrix_neo posted on 26 Jun 2012, 06:25 5 0
Samsung really pushing itself to maintain the worlds top phone maker. Galaxy s3 will have huge sales. Last Friday I accompanied my friend to buy galaxy tab 7.7, to my surprised, almost all mobile shops now are selling samsung phones, even putting up their own samsung stores. Before it is dominated by nokia.
We will wait at least a month after s3 was launched, then we will know it's fate. But I'm sure it will be successful, only s3 has something new to offer, and that's what other people are craving for.
21. whothisperson posted on 26 Jun 2012, 10:55 0 0
Indeed, I'm already thinking about what they could possibly come up with to innovate the next S4.
10. denied911 (banned) posted on 26 Jun 2012, 06:26 1 0
they couldn't sell more because they have shortage of some components
hou do you build phone without screen and sell 2 million as a limited edition?
11. Dj21o posted on 26 Jun 2012, 08:42 0 6
Pretty sure the GSIII didn't sell well because something new is probably coming out soon. There are too many phones that are being created nowadays. A phone can be out of the loop in 6 months now.
16. mas11 posted on 26 Jun 2012, 10:03 1 0
Wow even Samsung, who thinks that this is an iphone killer, didn't realize how popular this phnoe would be. Apple should be scared
23. tedkord posted on 26 Jun 2012, 11:27 3 0
No. Taco has inside sources, and they told him the SGS3 is selling poorly. ;-)
27. mas11 posted on 26 Jun 2012, 12:49 4 0
Damn that sucks, if it's one of Taco's sources it must be true.
17. Mitchel posted on 26 Jun 2012, 10:13 0 0
Good job Samsung! But please, please, please.. You should learn from this once and for all.. Enough of plastic build, maybe it's time to adapt the "unibody design" using higher quality materials like metal or polycarbonate and put 3,000mah battery so there's no more battery issues or some sh*t like that.. And the HD SAMOLED is losing it's ground right now, it doesn't have a "wow" factor anymore.. S-LCD2 is slightly ahead right now.. Please release HD Super AMO+LCD 352 ppi! lol
22. androidornothing posted on 26 Jun 2012, 11:11 2 1
I have a feeling the GS3 will top 40 million sales, if not more!! This is truly an iPhone killer because this device is built having the consumer in mind and that's why all of people are really going to like this and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people switched from iOS to Android.
25. husser94 posted on 26 Jun 2012, 11:47 1 0
IF THEY WOULD LAUNCH IT IN THE U. S. I'D BET THEY COULD BOOST THEIR SALE #'S..... I WANT THIS PHONE BADLY! O
29. wsucoug13 posted on 26 Jun 2012, 14:46 1 0
Very interested to see if the SIII can take some iOS users. If any android can it is this phone, but that is no easy task considering iPhones almost cult like following.
32. phoenixpr posted on 26 Jun 2012, 16:51 0 0
I have a question, anyone know where I can find a video demonstrating Samsung Galaxy S III data counter widget. In other words if I only have 4GB of data I can use, set the data limit on my ICS Samsung Galaxy S III, so it can stop any data on my SGSII, Any feed back or link to this would be great.