Samsung might have underestimated Galaxy S III demand: a mistake estimated in 2 million sales units
0. phoneArena 26 Jun 2012, 05:22 posted on
Huge lines and countless rumors - the Samsung Galaxy S III is without a doubt the most hyped Android device out there, but this quick rise to the top and the user demand…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Tjey007 (Posts: 86; Member since: 22 May 2012)
LG hasnt inveiled anything serious recently !! I thought LG made Optimus 4X :\
6. Tjey007 (Posts: 86; Member since: 22 May 2012)
if they can mention HTC one x then why not 4X..i think 4X is better than one x overall...i would say its one of the best in the market right now.
7. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
It would be serious if sold worldwide and hyped with commercials and all. I don't think anybody here in US knows what it is. And besides LG made a bad name for themselves here with all the flaws associated with their first generation super android devices. There was little mistakes with GS1 and GS2. Anyway you are right. PA should at least mention it. After all its specs do compete with the GS3.
2. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
I guess Nokia's financial forecast for the next quarter was spot on. It will be worse, and they knew why ahead of everyone else. The windows phone developer summit was the day they flat out gave the answer. No wp8 upgrade! No new Nokia phones until fall or winter! No wp7.8 upgrade until after wp8 release! On top of all that, the GS3! A storm is brewing for Nokia for the next 2-3 quarters, No a hurricane more or less.
4. GuiltyBystander (Posts: 199; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Wow, the S3 is a great success for Samsung.
It's funny because many people said that it was going to fail completely and look what happened.
Hope Samsung continues delivering such great products in the future.
18. SleepingOz (unregistered)
What's so wrong? Go troll elsewhere Nokia fag!
31. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
OZ that was funny. lmfao hahahaha.
20. deeoh1084 (Posts: 49; Member since: 30 Dec 2009)
i know i agree i'm thinking about getting one as well i was going to wait for the Galaxy Note II but since we're not going to get it till next year (i hope this year but look what happened to the first Galaxy Note) i'm going to get it for sure SGS III rocks!
5. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Better to underestimate than overestimate demand. Good job Samsung!
In Android we trust. Land of the free, home of the brave.
12. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Haha Love that Line, I'm gonna remember that ;)
26. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
You know if this were Apple they could do what was done with the iPhone 4S when it launched and inventory was depleted; Apple just pulled out all of the unsold iPhone 4 units in its' stockpile and added an "S" on the box. But, since, the GS III is a completely upgraded device (even physically) this will be hard to do. Samsung could always put out a disclaimer by way of a TV spot advising consumers that if their new GS III's don't quite look as they should, perhaps they are 'looking at their phones the wrong way'?! ?????
8. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 637; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Samsung Galaxy SIII is popular only because it symbolically represents a culturological opposition to the religion of iPhone. Samsung and Android is the sign of subversion, the ideology of revolution, and it exists only because it emerged from total dominance of iPhone. It's never about technicalities or phones actually. Samsung never understood that, they are still stupid. That's why they underestimated the demand.
33. Killer_Instinct (Posts: 22; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
- Multitasking is stupid on phones
- 4G is overrated
- 3.5 inches is the perfect screen size, any bigger than that and the phone becomes unusable
- if you use stylus you blew it
- iPad-style tablet computers with smaller 7in screens would be “dead on arrival”
9. matrix_neo (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Samsung really pushing itself to maintain the worlds top phone maker. Galaxy s3 will have huge sales. Last Friday I accompanied my friend to buy galaxy tab 7.7, to my surprised, almost all mobile shops now are selling samsung phones, even putting up their own samsung stores. Before it is dominated by nokia.
We will wait at least a month after s3 was launched, then we will know it's fate. But I'm sure it will be successful, only s3 has something new to offer, and that's what other people are craving for.
21. whothisperson (Posts: 102; Member since: 06 May 2012)
Indeed, I'm already thinking about what they could possibly come up with to innovate the next S4.
10. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
they couldn't sell more because they have shortage of some components
hou do you build phone without screen and sell 2 million as a limited edition?
11. Dj21o (Posts: 437; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Pretty sure the GSIII didn't sell well because something new is probably coming out soon. There are too many phones that are being created nowadays. A phone can be out of the loop in 6 months now.
19. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Have you even read the article?
15. ryq24 (Posts: 690; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
sony seems to be more popular than lg right now.
16. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Wow even Samsung, who thinks that this is an iphone killer, didn't realize how popular this phnoe would be. Apple should be scared
23. tedkord (Posts: 10263; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
No. Taco has inside sources, and they told him the SGS3 is selling poorly. ;-)
27. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Damn that sucks, if it's one of Taco's sources it must be true.
17. Mitchel (Posts: 228; Member since: 25 May 2012)
Good job Samsung! But please, please, please.. You should learn from this once and for all.. Enough of plastic build, maybe it's time to adapt the "unibody design" using higher quality materials like metal or polycarbonate and put 3,000mah battery so there's no more battery issues or some sh*t like that.. And the HD SAMOLED is losing it's ground right now, it doesn't have a "wow" factor anymore.. S-LCD2 is slightly ahead right now.. Please release HD Super AMO+LCD 352 ppi! lol
22. androidornothing (Posts: 143; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I have a feeling the GS3 will top 40 million sales, if not more!! This is truly an iPhone killer because this device is built having the consumer in mind and that's why all of people are really going to like this and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people switched from iOS to Android.
25. husser94 (Posts: 24; Member since: 28 Mar 2011)
IF THEY WOULD LAUNCH IT IN THE U. S. I'D BET THEY COULD BOOST THEIR SALE #'S..... I WANT THIS PHONE BADLY! O
29. wsucoug13 (Posts: 164; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Very interested to see if the SIII can take some iOS users. If any android can it is this phone, but that is no easy task considering iPhones almost cult like following.
32. phoenixpr (Posts: 167; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
I have a question, anyone know where I can find a video demonstrating Samsung Galaxy S III data counter widget. In other words if I only have 4GB of data I can use, set the data limit on my ICS Samsung Galaxy S III, so it can stop any data on my SGSII, Any feed back or link to this would be great.