Samsung might go with LCD screen on the Note III, for better S Pen experience
0. phoneArena posted on 13 Mar 2013, 04:14
Samsung insiders have allegedly confirmed that the company is entirely ready with the Galaxy S 4 project (it'd be funny if they weren't), and moving on to other pastures, like the upcoming Note III...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. avin007 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 04:19 0 0
It might be a good idea if it is for a good battery...
2. tiara6918 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 04:24 2 2
So samsung has now finally given up on amoled displays? I think they should just continue developing it, instead of switching to lcd. I still miss the deep blacks and eye popping colors on my omnia 2 before until I switched to a gtab and htc one x
3. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 13 Mar 2013, 04:37 6 0
Amoleds have short(er) lifespan compared to LCDs....anyways, skipping the S4 while patiently waiting for the Note 3. It will all be worth it in the end because it WILL be THE BEST smartphone of 2013 bar none. The S pen somehow changed my perspective and I will not settle for anything less
10. darac posted on 13 Mar 2013, 06:26 1 1
I completely agree.
Having an S3, and waiting for Note 3.
I just want an all in one device. And I think the Note 3 will make me settled for years
4. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 13 Mar 2013, 05:05 0 0
i think the Note 8.0 will probably preform better than the Note 2 its based on
5. nicholassss posted on 13 Mar 2013, 05:11 0 1
i havent used my s-pen in months. neither of my other note 2 user buddies use theirs either. who needs a good stylus experience?
7. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 13 Mar 2013, 06:00 0 2
If you're not an artist (ie musician, architect, painter,hobbyist) I see no important use of the S-pen other than the painfully glitchy handwriting recognition thingy..... If I wasn't doing occasional drawing and songwriting, I could care less about the S pen too
17. SavageLucy42 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 09:08 0 0
I really use the stylus more for extra control in games and other apps than I do to draw.
21. nicholassss posted on 13 Mar 2013, 15:10 0 0
I'm a musician and audio engineer and since android is lacking in the music app department i cant say i've ever used a stylus for songwriting. but i have used it live savagelucy said, for added control in games, but, its been ages since i've played anything that wasnt a gameboy emulator on my note 2.
6. jedpatrickdatu posted on 13 Mar 2013, 05:50 8 0
LCDs aren't all bad, they produce more realistic colors than OLED.
8. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 13 Mar 2013, 06:05 3 1
OLEDS / AMOLEDS are waay to contrasty, it really ruins your HD film experience, having said that, I tend to favor Amoleds when viewing static pictures and web pages.Well each has their own share of Pros and Cons.
9. darac posted on 13 Mar 2013, 06:22 4 1
Geez, you just keep publishing one stupid claim after another .. Note 3 WON'T FREAKING HAVE A 6.3'' SCREEN.
Think, for f**k sake..
11. xperiaDROID posted on 13 Mar 2013, 06:27 2 0
6.3" screen? Samsung you're going the wrong way!!
12. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 13 Mar 2013, 06:30 2 0
Here are some of Samsung's marketing lies....they promised a 32/64 Gig Note 2 variant but somehow it has YET to see the light of day, no news whatsoever...I think 32 gigs should be the bare minimum these days as apps and games are getting bigger by the day. Gameloft apps are a prime example of that.
16 gigs minimum should be completely abolished in the premium category
13. Daftama posted on 13 Mar 2013, 07:20 0 0
Ok s4 rumors are over lets start with note 3 now...what about galaxy Q series.
14. djoscar4u posted on 13 Mar 2013, 08:04 3 0
wow 6.3" screen? Are you guys creating portable laptops now?
18. Android4u posted on 13 Mar 2013, 09:09 0 0
Exactly what I was thinking. 6.3 is really doing too much!
22. Daftama posted on 15 Mar 2013, 23:14 0 0
No no no you got it wrong and twisted...its like telling a caveman we will have airplays..he tell stupid sillyman me fly bird no no no...wait till it comes out thats what ppl said about 5.5 and the 5 it sold millions and millions
23. Daftama posted on 15 Mar 2013, 23:15 0 0
Dame auto correct airplanes
16. Android4u posted on 13 Mar 2013, 09:07 2 1
This would be a wise choice. LCD Is way way better than amoled. I could careless about deep blacks
19. cR203 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 11:04 0 0
WTF??? I'm gonna be so pissed if the galaxy note 3 uses LCD. I"m desperately waiting for the note 3 but a lcd display would definitely turn me away. I'm starting to lose confidence in samsung displays. They seem like they want to give up on Amoled display's but i think that amoled displays is a selling point for their devices. I personally think Amoled displays are the best considering all their cons and i think samsung should work on them to develop them further.