Samsung might be prepping a 5.8" ClorOLED display with 16 subpixels RGB matrix, can we say Note III?
0. phoneArena posted on 06 Sep 2012, 06:22
We've been sent some info claimed to be from meetings with Samsung on its AMOLED display developments. The source says they've been told that Samsung is working on a project for a so-called ClorOLED display to be ready for mass yields in June 2013...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
25. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 06 Sep 2012, 07:24 2 21
I don't know about that? The Qualcomm quad-core Krait S4 Pro with Adreno 320 clocked at 1.5 to 1.6GHz will eat the dual-core Exynos 5 is it ever decides come out that is.
32. remixfa posted on 06 Sep 2012, 08:06 11 4
lol. you want to bet on that? the Quad krait is nice, no doubt, but the krait is not as strong as the E5, and the Adreno 320 is not as strong as the Mali 6xx.
It might win on certain floating point muscle tests, but over all it will be at LEAST slightly weaker than the E5 if not noticeably weaker.
47. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 06 Sep 2012, 09:08 0 0
Yeah you are right but it will be this time next year before anything will have a quad-core E5. Also the dual-core E5 might be out some time in late Q1 or early Q2. So that is cool if you don't mind waiting.
I really would like to see Qualcomm's answer to the E5. You know since Qualcomm is already working on their next successor to the S4. lol
52. remixfa posted on 06 Sep 2012, 09:48 5 1
all companies work 2+ generations ahead. Thats not new. :)
The S4 pro/quad is their answer to the 4412. Their answer to the E5/E5 quad is a while away, just like the e5 quad.
I dont mind waiting. You know me, if its not exactly what I want, I'm not gonna buy it. Im a patient lil tech geek.
38. maryaaadil posted on 06 Sep 2012, 08:09 7 3
I want this screen with quad e5 on note 3
A 4gb ram n maybe 16MP camera
N i will buy it.
40. jrandolf posted on 06 Sep 2012, 08:23 4 1
lol . :P maybe your dream phone is 2 or 3 years away from now . :p
55. BiN4RY posted on 06 Sep 2012, 11:41 2 0
Yeah and I also wants my phone to vacuum my room and make coffee for me.
48. denied911 (banned) posted on 06 Sep 2012, 09:13 0 0
56. p0rkguy posted on 06 Sep 2012, 16:22 0 0
Actually, @ 5.8 1920x800 = 358.62ppi.
Aspect ratio of 2.40:1 which is common among movies.
57. denied911 (banned) posted on 06 Sep 2012, 17:55 0 0
i don't think thay change aspect ratio
now 16:9 is perfect and 1680x945 is 16:9
besides samsung need something between 720p and 1080p because in 4.8-5" screens they can't make fullhd amoled yet, and lcd will be pretty soon
2. groupsacc posted on 06 Sep 2012, 06:28 66 6
Camera > Nokia
Display > Samsung
Design > Sony
Material > HTC
Hardware Specs > LG
OS > Google
Sorry Apple. Couldn't find you a spot.
27. XiphiasGladius posted on 06 Sep 2012, 07:44 14 1
Bulls Eye! Cant stop LOL. . .
9. jubbing posted on 06 Sep 2012, 06:32 2 14
App > Simplicity
Also.. Hardware specs LG? WTFBBQ?
34. AppleIsGod posted on 06 Sep 2012, 08:07 7 2
ya lg introduced the first dual core, first quad core, first 3 d and also the first phone to have capacitive touch screen.
45. jubbing posted on 06 Sep 2012, 08:57 3 6
So what? Look at LG's results, they are losing cash. Who cares if they brought something to the market first, if it's not good people would rather buy a Samsung product over LG's, as shown in market results.
41. anywherehome posted on 06 Sep 2012, 08:31 7 1
Simplicity? Just try to open an email link in chrome with your feature phone (iPhone)... you can NOT ;)
42. juanyunis posted on 06 Sep 2012, 08:43 3 1
a BIG LOL for the "feature" phone. Nice one, and you are right.
43. jubbing posted on 06 Sep 2012, 08:55 1 5
Give your mum an Android phone, and give your mum an iPhone. See which one she finds easier to use.
46. wassup posted on 06 Sep 2012, 09:02 4 0
I did. She tried both and found the Galaxy Nexus easier to use, eg Bluetooth, wifi etc settings are all in one place on the Samsung, but Bluetooth is under general in IOS ..
Also specific settings for apps are in settings for IOS, but in their respective apps for Android.
Easier to use my ass
50. SamsungFan posted on 06 Sep 2012, 09:35 2 1
Jubbing I totally agree With u dumb phones like iPhone is more suitable for old people But not for cool guyz like me
54. jubbing posted on 06 Sep 2012, 10:52 2 2
With that grammar you might as well stick with your old motorola POS from 99
60. rahulzz posted on 07 Sep 2012, 05:26 0 1
59. rahulzz posted on 07 Sep 2012, 05:24 0 2
have you tried it??????? My iPhone opens an email link in chrome. You ppl use a phone which has specs but has no quality in any of those...
14. Mittal posted on 06 Sep 2012, 06:44 2 3
I dont agree with the Design part
Was better with Ericsson
21. rizaldiwn posted on 06 Sep 2012, 06:57 1 3
i think camera good camera is in Sony and Nokia (pure view version)
Display : i prefer htc. HTC sense is better GUI than touchwiz, although makes slower response about 0.xxxx second than touchwiz ( it's not important -.- )
Design : Sony is the best
Material : HTC is the best
Hardware specs : Samsung
OS : Android and windows phone looks even better and solid now, may be it will be hard competitor of android and iOS
26. fanboy1974 posted on 06 Sep 2012, 07:25 5 0
Sheep > Apple
The average Apple fanboy will pay money to have Tim Cook spit in their food. Only reason why Apple will sale millions of iPhones. People are getting wiser which is a good sign.
61. rahulzz posted on 07 Sep 2012, 05:27 0 2
u ppl are not prepared to pay for a quality product.
28. RamyRamz69 posted on 06 Sep 2012, 07:57 2 2
Camera > Nokia my ass.
Sony makes the best cameras in a compact device. I would love to see how the Lumia 920 fairs against an Exmor RS 13 MP camera from Sony.
The Lumia 800's camera doesn't even come close to Sony's cameras in the Xperia Arc/iPhone4S/GalaxyS3
The Xperia S' camera is better than the N8:http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/bl
Yes, Nokia does make very decent cameras. The best camera I've seen on a mobile phone was the 808 Pureview, but let's face it; it just ruins the design of the phone. If you want a camera that doesn't look hideous, Sony is the answer.
33. maryaaadil posted on 06 Sep 2012, 08:07 2 0
N8 way relesed way back.
Wanna compare it then do it with lumia 920 or monster 808
37. remixfa posted on 06 Sep 2012, 08:09 2 0
the lumia 800 is a mid/low end windows 7 device. Why dont you compare a yugo vs a mercedes and tell me who wins.
35. chaoticrazor posted on 06 Sep 2012, 08:07 0 2
nokia n8, good design and great camera and 2 years old. its taken other companys 2 years to play catch up and nokia already raised the bar again with the 808.
sony doesnt make the best camera's infact they dont come close . there right nokia is the camera king at the moment innovating with pureview and pureview phase 2.
and design comes down to personal preference. i like bigger phones that feel solid , others like thin phones.
3. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 06 Sep 2012, 06:30 9 1
See it Apple? this what real innovation is.
4. andro. posted on 06 Sep 2012, 06:30 4 0
There as been a lot of talk recently about innovation in some manufacturers and lack there of in certain particular ones,clearly here this is Samsung innovation at work
31. zhypher_23 posted on 06 Sep 2012, 08:02 3 0
Yep, especially that AirView on G-Note II, that really shocked me because they're the first company to release something like that, this is what makes Samsung Genuine and other companies too *except Apple*
8. Berzerk000 posted on 06 Sep 2012, 06:32 5 0
Just released the Note II, and we're already talking about the Note III... Cool
53. g2a5b0e posted on 06 Sep 2012, 09:50 0 0
The Note II hasn't even been released, just unveiled.
15. Bluesky02 posted on 06 Sep 2012, 06:44 3 0
In other news Samsung is suing LG for stealing OLED tech
17. BigBoss10 posted on 06 Sep 2012, 06:47 4 1
OMG!!! PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY... SAMSUNG YOUR THE BEST!!! :D
22. som posted on 06 Sep 2012, 07:01 6 1
Samsung spent about $10 billions a year in new R&D and innovations for most components for mobile devices. Apple innovations are court rooms and banned Samsung products.
23. fanboy1974 posted on 06 Sep 2012, 07:16 1 0
If history repeats itself expect iPhone to stay at 4 inches for 5 years. I will it my words if Apple surprises me next week with a larger phone.
36. remixfa posted on 06 Sep 2012, 08:08 1 0
I dont see how this lines up with the "note 3", considering its september and the Note2 isnt even out yet.
The Galaxy launches near june, the note launches in the fall. So this would line up with the SGS4 announcement. Just because they have it working up to 5.8 inches doesnt mean they will actually make it 5.8 inches.
My guess the SGS4 would be no bigger than the SGS3. I think the only way the screen will get any bigger is if the bezel shrinks even further (which is very likely). The size of the phone wont exceed what the SGS3 is though.