Samsung may launch two Galaxy S7 edge versions at once, with different screen diagonals
2. Sealblaighter (Posts: 203; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
It sounds a good idea, but Samsung should use metal instead of glass.
5. ibend (Posts: 3539; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
but metal wont work well with samsung's quick wireless charge
9. vincelongman (Posts: 4106; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Qualcomm have figured out how to do wireless charge with metal backs
Maybe that's partly why Samsung is using the 820 in their some of the S7 models
12. TSMan2 (banned) (Posts: 363; Member since: 20 Aug 2015)
Better be leather removable back.
It would be a killer.
Most of the Note users think that except of the footprint, Note 4 is much more beautiful and better design than Note 5.
17. zeeBomb (Posts: 1786; Member since: 14 Aug 2014)
Killer as in killer in the build durability! Leather Samsung phones on a flagship is ova!!!
28. MrElectrifyer (limited) (Posts: 2192; Member since: 21 Oct 2014)
I prefer the glass design, feels more sturdy in the hand IMO, unless they're going with magnesium metal alloy...
29. Sealblaighter (Posts: 203; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
The S7 is rumored to be built using magnesium metal alloy. We will see what will happen.
3. AZNHA (unregistered)
i'll consider s7 if micro sd card slot is available or just consider it because im never use samsung smartphone before and i want to try it rofl
19. j2001m (Posts: 2789; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Just buy a cheap phone mate as ufs is now in and that does not work with sd card, but Samsung got you cover, they going to make ufs sd card, it's going to cost £150 and you good to go, hahahhahahahahahhahahahahah
(Even Apple as moved away from slow Emmc, so you can r and w at the same time with 3x faster speed, it's why the 6s is way faster than the iPhone 6 it as nothing to do with the A9)
4. Bozzor (Posts: 169; Member since: 02 May 2012)
The problem with Samsung doing this is that increases both development and supply chain costs. To make this pay off, it has to really increase total unit sales, rather than just spread out people who would have bought “any” Galaxy S7 phone over a wider model range with no true sales increase. Great for customers…not so much for shareholders.
7. aba71983 (Posts: 805; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
Why not Samsung make S series and Note series only that cost $400 only. I'm sure many people would love to buy those with a great specs and price tag, right.
And $500 for the new iPhones to come, hehe!
18. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8411; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Why should Samsung phones be sold at less cost vs an iPhone when Samsung phones offer far more?
That's stupid what you said. Maybe Ferrari should sell their cars for $35,000USD and a Camry should be $250,000 based on your own words. Does that even make sense?
23. aba71983 (Posts: 805; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
We all know that Samsung offer better specs, features, RAM but not all are techie like you, me and others. And doesn't mean that can perform smooth, faster.
8. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1989; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
still waiting for a foldable phone..
10. benno (Posts: 94; Member since: 17 Apr 2015)
High quality poly back and I would buy.
I will never buy another glass back phone and I would prefer not to buy metal.
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 19786; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
They shoulda did that this year. Dick move Samsung.
20. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8411; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
How. The design of the S6 was done in 2014, when such options were just coming to light. USB Type C may have been finished, but having just come out, you think the manufacturer could have made sufficient quantities for Samsung who potentially could have had 5 models using it?
If they had put a 20MP camera on the S6, what would they have for the S7?
The S6 may be using a 16MP camera like the S5, but the camera is a much improved sensor with far better optics.
Consider the numbers. Samsung offloads 300M phones, 1/3 of them sold are the S and Note which combined sell over 100M. Do you thing the sensor Samsung was using for the S7 would have been ready for the S6 model? In such quantities? How about the USB Type C?
Why didnt you make such a device with such features since you can obviously do a better job.
I dont think it was done on purpose. Every phone model that comes next will be better than the previous.
I'm glad I moved to T-Mobile and i have Jump! on my account. All I have to do is keep the phone in mint condition, pay off 50% and when a new device comes I simply trade up, get full credit for device value which pays off the other 50% and whatever is left gets credited to the bill.
That way I can basically get a new phone, once every 6 months if I want too and still will have only spent the cost of one single device. That...2 for the price of one. Unbeatable!
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 19786; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
As if I'm actually going to converse with you. Get lost troll.
24. aba71983 (Posts: 805; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
Or is this USB Type C charger can be use to iPhone 5/5S/5C/6/6+/6S/6S+
iPad Mini 1/2/3/4
iPad Air 1/2
14. DRS1977 (Posts: 420; Member since: 27 May 2015)
The next big thing is going to be folding screens. There is no where else to go for Samsung. Every other company is in stagnation.
15. b0wzer (Posts: 103; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
The first S7 will use a vertical screen ratio of 16:9 and the other one will use a horizontal screen ratio of 9:16.
22. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
They should. They should release the GS7 edge, the G7 edge +, and the Note 6 all at once in September or Oct.
25. Mreveryphone (Posts: 408; Member since: 22 Apr 2014)
I'm ready... My note 5 is getting old!
27. Fire5 (Posts: 280; Member since: 13 Feb 2015)
If regular Galaxy much lower price and model remains egde premium smartphone. I think the strategy can work, but the problem is that Samsung can not release a model that kills 5.7 sales note that is the part that makes no sense.