Samsung may launch an Android smartphone powered by Intel's Atom Moorefield
0. phoneArena 17 Jun 2014, 20:55 posted on
The alleged Intel-powered Samsung handset will not be a high-end one, and will run Android. The device may be launched later this year...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. galanoth (Posts: 284; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
Atom Z3580 seems like a good chip.
8. mmmanuuu (Posts: 206; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
Their names will be as follows:
Samsung Galaxy Inside
Samung Galaxy Inside Core Neo Advance Plus Young Duos
2. TeeHee12 (Posts: 8; Member since: 04 May 2014)
hey, uh, when are they going to release anything powered by intel edison?
3. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
But many of the android apps are not optimised for x86 chips
4. nlbates66 (Posts: 278; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
Hasn't stopped Samsung from already releasing a few Android tablets with intel Atom based x86 processors in them. I haven't heard complaints about their compatibility either.
7. juandante (Posts: 237; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Android is running a very slow virtual machine and thats why it is mostly lagging behind iOS, but thats why also it can support almost any CPU with instant compatibility with 99% of apps.
5. vishalaestro (Posts: 39; Member since: 08 Dec 2013)
there are only very few apps that are not compatible with x86 processor but if intel could offer a better performance compared to its competitors ,it would be a good bet
6. skyline88 (Posts: 286; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
not sure about newer Intel chips, but i had trouble playing Real Racing 3 on my friend's Lenovo K900 which run perfectly smooth on my Samsung S3.
10. sooner88 (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Jun 2014)
Wonder if this has anything to do with intel being a member of the Tizen group with Samsung ?