Samsung may launch a round smartwatch to take on Motorola and LG
0. phoneArena 25 Aug 2014, 11:52 posted on
Samsung's round smartwatch could be announced before the end of the year, but we shouldn't expect to see it at IFA 2014 next month...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Commentator (Posts: 3144; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
These round watches are nice, but I'd like to see Android on a Gear Fit-style device (and preferably one with a usable pedometer and pulse-meter).
4. hung2900 (Posts: 899; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I'm wating for "copy cat or not" war below.
Even when the patent is filled on Mar 15 2013 much before the Moto 360 annoucement
9. Commentator (Posts: 3144; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Why would anyone in their right mind cry copycat? Round watches have been around for centuries. There's far less credibility to any of these claims than even Apple's rectangle argument.
2. syncronyze (Posts: 103; Member since: 26 Apr 2014)
And it'll have the infamous perforated design on it, so you can wear a bandaid on your wrist.
5. maherk (Posts: 2710; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I hope it ll be based on Tizen. I had the Gear 2 then the Gear Neo, and I recently tried my friend's Gear Live and I felt the overall experience is much simpler for a small screen on Tizen than on Android's wear.
7. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
Have you also tried the Samung Galaxy Foxtrot Uniform Charly Kilo?
10. T.Law (Posts: 405; Member since: 10 May 2014)
Seems like you cared enough to open the article and post your stupid comment.
12. Teejay1100 (Posts: 113; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
I'm still not sold on the benefits of smart watches enough to drop the loot on one!! 8 months from now the market will be flooded with them like smartphones. And the prices will be substantially cheap, so never again will I be a early adopter.
13. jgalvez21 (Posts: 21; Member since: 29 May 2014)
well now 360 is not amoled.
still smartbands and smartwatches are overpriced. and 1 day battery life is a big no no